1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Check In at Bellagio???

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Gaggles, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey guys. Quick question before I check in tomorrow at the Bellagio. Do I simly use the Invited Guest Line or do I get to check into a fancy room (aka Diamond Check-In or something similar) if a host comped me?

Thanks in advance and enjoy our trip report. Now I have to go pack as we leave very soon!

2. Firelen

Firelen Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only if your customized package from your host specifically states in writing for you to use "invited guest check-in"

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are there on an offer or booked through a host then you would use the MLife/Invited Guest check in.

They do have a VIP check in lounge but you can only use that if specifically invited to by a host or if your offer says you can use the VIP lounge.

4. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys....CET has conditioned me to a facny check in room but I realize the Bellagio is NOT CET.

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just call/email the host and ask if he's set you up for VIP check-in. it's just a flag he puts in the res, very easy to do. he should do it for you no problem.

6. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I checked in at the VIP room last month. My host never mentioned anything about VIP check in, but no one seemed to have a problem with it.

Now, it is entirely possible that my host had it noted in the system without telling me. But, you might as well give it a shot, especially if the regular check ins are packed.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have been assigned VIP checking a few times.

On one trip we did not have it, but tried anyway...they sent us back outside to regular checking.

8. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

Do it anyway.
    If anyone says anything, say "This is what my host told me to do"

They going to argue? They didn't hear the conversation or read the emails.
    This isn't like a Diamond Card where you have the card or don't, this is your word against theirs, and unless the host is standing right there, no one knows any better.

"I'm here on an offer and my host said to use VIP check in"

They'll see you're on an offer, so it is likely a host would say that an not flag the system.
    I say no one will even bat an eye.

9. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not true. If your res isn't in the VIP system, they have no choice but to send you out to the regular line.

10. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

My bad then.
    I still wonder what would happen if he did just walk in and said "This is what I was told to do"

If busy, I can see them kicking him, if not, I can see them just doing it

11. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe, maybe not... I can see them not really having a problem kicking somebody out if they shouldn't be there... the point of VIP services is to provide VIP service to your VIP customers.

Its easy to think "its just one person, why wouldn't they check them in?" but while we might see it as just one person it would really depend on how many people that don't belong that they see over the course of a shift and just how hard their superiors crack down on VIP staff checking in non-VIPs.

From personal experience I was invited to use the VIP check in lounge at Luxor a few years ago and when I went in there the first thing the woman said to me wasn't "Hello" or "Welcome to The Luxor" but instead was "This is the VIP registration, are you supposed to be here?"

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  12. Emeraldcity

Emeraldcity Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh they kick you out, nicely though.
    I had 3 comps in a row checking in through VIP and they recognize me when I come in. I had a comp that I kind of "traded" in, instead of a suite, I got a few deluxe rooms for me and some friends and even though I walked in and they knew me on sight, they still pushed me out to the regular check in.

13. Firelen

Firelen Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the back-up Shifter, some people just don't understand the system. Be careful when you buck the system, sometimes it bucks back.

14. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me and my BF are going in September. I have a VIP offer, eligible for checking in using the VIP lounge. He just has an invited guest offer. I was hoping he could go with me into VIP check-in, especially since we are trying to get adjoining rooms. Sounds like that might not work?

15. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No...

The OP asked if they use the "Invited Guest Check-in" or if Bellagio has a VIP lounge, like how CET properties have Diamond check-in lounges, that they can use.

You said that they can't use the "Invited Guest Check-in" unless their offer specifically states they can... thats incorrect.

I corrected you by saying that the OP can indeed use the "Invited Guest Check-in" and that Bellagio does indeed have a special lounge, like the Diamond check-in lounges you find at CET properties, however you must be specifically invited to use those.

Shifter then suggested the OP call and ask their host if they can set them up for VIP check-in.

Then engicedave suggested to just try going for it and try using the VIP lounge and say the host told you to.

Shifter then said that if you aren't in the system as a VIP that the VIP lounge would send you to the main line to check in.

I am sorry for being so rude in this post, but just had to make it clear that nobody is agreeing with you, that the OP can indeed use the "Invited Guest Check-in"

16. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As I said earlier. They WILL send you back out. They don't give a crap. Probably have to do it, otherwise they would have a line of "wanna be VIPs" in there all day long. Yea, I know it sucks, but that is the way it is.

17. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The first time my host booked me at MB, he said in an email "They will be waiting for you at VIP Check-In". This was at THEhotel, and so I went to the VIP check-in room.

The next time, he didn't say anything about VIP check in. This was at MB, and when I arrived, I went to VIP check-in, had no issues and actually got a 1050 SV Suite instead of a regular room (which is all I had asked for).

So obviously your mileage may vary.

I have a host-arranged stay next month and he didn't say anything about VIP, and I got a PDF file confirmation that doesn't say anything about VIP check in, but I'm going to VIP check in, lol. If they kick me out, they kick me out. I don't think it's a mortal sin.

18. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the record I did not try and access VIP cuz I was not invited. In fact, I didn't even bother with invited guests cuz the line ups at check in were only one person deep. Regular check in and regular renovated blue colored room. And I felt that was about what I deserved. That's a decent comp to me for four nights over a weekend only playing .50 and $1 vp. Atleast I think that's about right. Perhaps others will be better able to assess. Gf also played .25 and some $1 on my card. Thoughts anyone?? Another trip with Big Sack in 22 days.

19. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, I did chase on $5 machines but I bet I literally only got $250 coin in!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.