1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pool at Paris??

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Albrecht77, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albrecht77

Albrecht77 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be heading back to the promise land at the end of the month and will actually have enough time away from gambling to enjoy part of the day at the pool at Paris.

Just wondering if anyone on here has had an experience at this pool and if it was good, bad or indifferent.

Thanks in advance.
    @albrecht77

2. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i stayed at paris last september and spent about 3 hours at the pool. unfortunately, the weather wasn't glorious :rolleyes2:, and it was a bit dreary because of this. the Eiffel Tower can block the sun a bit. we didn't do any swimming; we're more of the lounging type. i really liked the shape of the pool though. we went during their happy hour (so drinks that were half off). pool and lounging areas were clean. you can get towels when you come into the pool area. there are attendants, but they didn't ask to see our room key or ask what was in our bag. we didn't check out the hot tub. it was a weekday around 3pm, and it wasn't busy but wasn't empty either. drink service was prompt, and we had no trouble charging things to the room. i don't remember any music (at least not loud enough to make me remember). it is definitely a very chill and laid back pool. my only other pool experience in vegas is mgm, and it was drastically different from mgm. not sure what you're looking for in a pool, so i hope my info was helpful! :wave:

3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Paris is our regular home in LV and we try to do the pool several days each trip. We actually love the area. It is not overly crowded and can usually get a lounger easily. Drink / food service is attentive / quick. Not a lot of kids and the music is not too loud. If you go real early, there is only sun over about 30% of the pool....but that gives everyone a choice. By 11 or so it is all sun and relaxing. Looking forward to doing the same next trip! Hope you enjoy!

4. Mayoman

Mayoman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's definately a more laid back atmosphere. I like it.

5. Motorhead168

Motorhead168 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The pool at Paris is okay and as a bonus the washroom is only a few steps away in case one needs to take a leak.

6. Albrecht77

Albrecht77 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!

Thanks for the info. It's exactly what I am looking for.
    @albrecht77

7. matsui

matsui Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is very quiet. easy to get drinks.

8. Broncolvr

Broncolvr Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone know if they do bag checks there?

9. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they didn't when we went in sept. 2011. they didn't even check for a room key.

10. Broncolvr

Broncolvr Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! Just wondering if I could sneak in some cold Silver Bullets. :beer:

11. Vegas Dave

Vegas Dave Newbie

My bag hasn't been checked going into any pool yet. I carried in a six pack to the Vdara pool a year ago no problem. The worst that could happen is you have to chug them all before you go in...

12. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Vegas trip last year was at Planet Hollywood. Everything about that trip was great EXCEPT THE POOL EXPERIENCE. This was in the first part of June for the entire week. Bag checks every day, which wasn't bad except the first day when we had some cokes and water that we had to take back up to the room or give them to the checkers. Our main issue was the very rude pool employees that distribute the towels. For part of the week, some of the employees were very rude and absolutely wouldn't give each person more that one towel. At first I thought it was a new hotel policy but later found it was just those few employees that were trying to give people a hard time. We first thought they were "fishing" for tips to the ones they did give extra towels but noticed it was just certain employees.

The music was extra loud that week (in our opinion) where the bass almost shook my sunglasses off (slight exaggeration, but not much). We just moved to the furthest spot away from those huge speakers which made it somewhat tolerable.

For the above reasons, we are staying at Paris this year.

13. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does the Paris pool have chairs in addition to the loungers? Also, on the other extreme, do they have day beds, and if so what do they charge?

I like a laid back pool, and I am looking forward to hanging out at the Paris Pool....

14. Shaz1992

Shaz1992 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know if there are showers by the pool at Paris? Thanks!

15. Albrecht77

Albrecht77 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    day beds & showers

I was just there and this pool is very laid back not too many meatheads.

I did not notice any showers but then again I wasn't looking for them.

They did have a few day beds with canopies but did not notice an abundance of them.

Overall I was looking for a quiet pool that was not too packed and it was exactly that

@albrecht77

16. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.