1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Concerts on the beach at Mandalay Bay

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by heatherlovesvegas, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone been to one of these? I'm curious if it's fun... sounds like it might be a big pain in the butt.. but it also sounds like an interesting experience. There is one I was interested in going to in August, but I'm deciding if I should go, or go to the one locally in a real venue.

2. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to several shows there. Like most things, I think, it depends on how you feel about the band. The more you like them, then better the time.

I realize that doesn't seem to answer your question, but I promise you, it does.

3. GREGRIO

GREGRIO VIP Whale

I've never been to one....you're on the beach, the stage is out in the water.
    Who are you curious about seeing there? and why do you think it's a pain...

4. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our room there on the 29th floor faced the beach area when Sublime played. Pool area was closed that afternoon for the concert. Looked like from the room, people just standing around in the water and on the beach area.:beer:

Sema Show
  5. heatherlovesvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Standing on the beach in the sand, with your stuff, and it's likely extremely hot.. it sounds like it might be pretty uncomfortable and awkward. Looks like some people stand in the water even...

They are one of my favorites, but I'm totally cool if I'm not right up front to see them.

I mainly wanted to hear if anyone had any great experiences or any horror experiences before I thought about heading out.

6. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

Mandalay Beach is the best pool venue. Red Rock and Hard Rock pool shows are terrible. MB is at least set up as an actual venue so it offers a better experience overall, (better sound, ease to restrooms and bars). I prefer to watch from the water rather than the beach and it keeps you cool in the heat. I stand near the stage ankle deep, you look up at the stage so by the end of the show your neck gets tired but otherwise it's pretty comfortable, come prepared in items that can get wet. People bring blankets for the sand, but I doubt much can be seen if you stay seated.

The last show I saw there was cancelled mid-way because of lightning so keep that in mind as a possibility.

7. GreggWizard

GreggWizard Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Heather,
    I went to see The Counting Crows at Mandalay Beach a while back....must be 7-8 years ago now. There was a bit of a waiting line to get into the beach area, even though we purchased tickets in advance. The wait was probably 35 - 45 minutes from what I remember - that being the biggest pain in the butt about the whole thing. Otherwise, it was a great concert, and a beautiful night out. I really like Mandalay Beach, it's a good atmosphere, and it never really became overcrowded or anything. Drinks were about average price there at the concert as they would have been elsewhere on the strip. I would also say it depends on how much you like the band that is playing there, though. Hope this helps.
    Gregg.

8. heatherlovesvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys!

It's for Gavin DeGraw/Colbie Calliet. I love him, strongly dislike her haha. I'm having trouble deciding because they are doing shows here too, so I don't have to, but any excuse for Vegas is a good ones ;)

Also the J.Lo show is at the arena that night, it's surely going to be a zoo at Mandalay!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.