1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wagering on the Olympics

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by UKFanatic, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just realized its summer. I also just realized its an Olympic summer. Yes, I am slow on the uptake.....

But it got me thinking, do the books offer wagerinf on the summer Olympics? If so, does anyone have any experience with how it works? Can you wager on medal counts, invidisual events, props on team events (like bastketball), etc? Any past experience or insight would be welcome.

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  2. Rockinghorse

Rockinghorse Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is no wagering on the Olympics at all in Vegas.

It surprised me to learn that considering all the college action they take (amateur sports) as well as international events like soccer. But they stay completely out of summer and winter Olympic betting. Quick article quote:

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I made a joke last year to a book teller about wanting to place a bet on the LLWS and she solemnly replied "you can't bet on children." Not that I was serious, but I guess now I know why she gave me such a serious response

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  4. Shot Clock

Shot Clock Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never knew that. I figured they at least had wagering on basketball and medal counts.

Ridiculous distinction given that much of the Olympics are dominated by pros now. But then the law across the land is completely arbitrary when it comes to gambling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.