1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

staying at a regular room at encore memorial weekend, tips/promotions to upgrade?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by gilas, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gilas

gilas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have booked a regular room at Encore for three nights during the memorial weekend. I would love to upgrade to a Parlor Suite, but the nightly rates are currently 5-6 times higher compared to what I paying right now. Any tips/suggestions/promotions on how to upgrade before or upon checkin?

I am paying around $200 per night and would pay up to $400 for that suite...

Thanks!

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can ask about paying for an upgrade when you check in to see what they say. Being a busy weekend, they are probably pretty much assigned to regular players with good ADT.

3. farkingidiot

farkingidiot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You aren't going to get anything, especially not during a high traffic weekend. I tend to go midweek, non holidays, when I hit up Encore and I still can't get a bump up like that. Usually the upgrade costs you just as much as if you booked it to begin with.

4. gilas

gilas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last year, over the last weekend of Aug (right before labor day), I got upgraded to a Parlor Suite for an amazing price... For this weekend, they're probably sold out or very expensive.

5. gilas

gilas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, you are probably right... When I called yesterday, they said they're completely sold out on the Encore side. I will try my chances with Wynn upon Check-in... Thanks!

6. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your $200 room is now $445. The Encore Parlors are $1300 and the Wynn Parlors are $800 and going up. And you are hoping to get this 5X room class upgrade for nothing? On one of their busiest weekends of the year? Pardon my amazement. But it's Vegas, so good luck.

7. gilas

gilas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last year when I got the Parlor Suite upgrade, at the time of my check in, the regular room was going much more than what I ended up paying for Parlor Suite... So if they have vacant suites, they might actually want to squeeze more money out of me and give me one instead of leaving it vacant for the weekend... As I said I am not so hopeful for this weekend anyway...

8. kingpasty

kingpasty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious, how much did you pay last year? I'm going Aug 19-22 and staying at Encore when I get married. I'd be willing to pay a bit to get an upgrade. Hopefully the fact that it's in the off season, a Sunday - Wednesday, and I'm getting married will all help my case :)

9. gilas

gilas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I paid $290 per night before taxes for Fri & Sat night late August, the pricing is 90% based on their vacancy. Def mention you're getting married at the check-in... Congrats and good luck!

10. Vegas Dave

Vegas Dave Newbie

$20 tip and pray!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.