1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Quiet Pool At MGM?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Michelle, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle

Michelle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any hope for this? Or is it all 10 million people standing in 3 feet of water drinking out of plastic yard glasses? I really like a more quiet pool experience.

On a side note this is my VERY first post on this message board! I am an expert WDW planner but this Las Vegas thing is very new to me! So please give me all the information you've got!:wave:

I'm traveling Sept 26- 30, basically on my own, my girlfriend and her husband are staying at the Flamingo but they don't want to do anything I want to do! So I'll be blending in and out with them.

2. Emeraldcity

Emeraldcity Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't stayed at the MGM for awhile, but I always found, as you come into the pool area, that the pool all the way to your right was generally fairly quiet.

3. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they have so many pools that you're bound to find a decently quiet one i think. my only experience is at the lazy river, and that is definitely not quiet and peaceful. it's not necessarily a party atmosphere either. there were a lot of kids playing in the lazy river, which pissed me off big time. i enjoyed floating around the river in my inner tube with a margarita. i don't like the party scene or loud music, and i enjoyed my time at mgm. there were quieter pools than the lazy river. plus, they have wet republic, so most of your young, loud, yard drink drinkers are over there. oh and we were only there from opening until around noon. it might die down later in the day. your friends at flamingo will have the loud issue more than you. have fun!!:thumbsup:

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i would be interested to know this also. we've only been to the MGM pool once and we had a cabana right by the lazy river and Wet Republic and it was loud as can be. we walked around and it did seem that the pool to the far back right (the director's pool) was very quiet as another poster mentioned. if anyone can confirm this is always the case, i will tell them i want my cabana at this pool next time.

5. Michelle

Michelle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info! I feel a lot better! I'll take the director's pool, or whatever is the quieter one. All a need is a drink, my toe tapping to some good music, and me falling in and out of sleep! Very helpful!

6. THESwigs

THESwigs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The time of year you are going should reduce your chances of screamin, jumping loud children. We try to plan our trips to just before, or just after the kids go back to school. I can handle wading around with adults, but the kids annoy me. Enjoy your trip.

7. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    in Vegas there aren't that many children anyway, so i've never found that to be much of a problem. personally, the "kids" i find most annoying are the college age crowd that are loud and rude and obnoxious and they are around all seasons.

8. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    good point. we were there in late june to give some reference.

um, i beg to differ! haha :) maybe it was a fluke, but there were a ton of kids at the mgm pool complex when we were there. it was very annoying. i also would find the college group annoying, but it appeared like i was one of the few 20 somethings there at the time. they were probably all partying at wet republic next door :beer:

9. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ok, i guess the number of kids at MGM may be significantly higher during summer. every time we've gone in the summer we've stayed at the B and there haven't been any.

10. mossman

mossman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to MGM many times at a couple of times of the year. I found May to be the worst. It looked like all the college kids were blowing off steam from having just finished finals. The lazy river looked exactly like something from MTV. Wet republic only holds so many, and the price turns off many.

July/August are better, although that was before Wet Republic existed. Lately we go in September and it is a great time to go. Plenty to do and still a lot of fun without the overly obnoxious crowd. I think you'll be fine.

The pool to the right, and in the back is the adult pool. It is normally very quiet. Next one is in front of that pool (much larger) and typically quiet). I think you will be more than fine. Best thing is to go opening until noon. After noon time I found it to get even busier. Nobody gets up early in Vegas. :thumbsup:

11. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i thought that was the case, but thanks for the confirmation. i will definitely make sure my cabana is at that pool next time.

12. Polemarch28

Polemarch28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't really understand the concept behind Wet Republic, at least for an MGM guest. Having spent a number of hours at the lazy river, you can hear the exact same music, get the exact same drinks, and not pay a cover. When the promoters tried to talk my girlfriend and I into going there, we almost died laughing at the idea that we'd pay $60 (40 for me, 20 for her) to go drink at the pool.

I guess we're just not clubbers :peace:

13. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is 100% accurate still. Head to the immediate right when you enter the pool complex. This is the quietest pool of the bunch.

14. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i don't think the point of WR is to sit in your chair and listen to the music and drink. of course you can do that at any pool. from what i can tell the draw for most people is the idea of partying in the pool with a bunch of hot girls in bikinis. whether or not it actually goes down like that is up for debate.

15. mossman

mossman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tend to agree with you. I have never been to Wet Republic myself. I did go to Encore beach club, but we just paid to get in and walk around (no seats). It was interesting to check out what was going on though. The sights were entertaining enough. We weren't there more than a few hours. I would only go back if I had a group of people and we were planning to buy a bottle (and the included seating).

I think it's a nice idea if you want to see a specific DJ or dance by the pool. Other than that, you might as well stay at the lazy river. The idea of a pool party is really big. Just look at the number of them. I am thankful that it is a separate area since I think it keeps many out of the general pool area.

16. Polemarch28

Polemarch28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're probably right. Although, if they are hitting us up to go, it clearly isn't a very exclusive environment - we don't really fit (appearance-wise) into the dayclub demo.

I'm glad it's a separate thing too - I don't really want a bunch of fist pumpers around me.

I actually can't say that the dayclub concept appeals to me. My standard Vegas blueprint is to sleep until 12, spend a few hours relaxing at the pool, go walk somewhere interesting, come back to the room for a nap, get ready for dinner, eat, stay out until 6 gambling and drinking, sleep until 12. Repeat.

Drinking and dancing during the day would really throw me off.

17. aceofspades96367

aceofspades96367 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL Couldn't agree more!!! :evillaugh

18. Michelle

Michelle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with ALL of you!! I'm looking at these pictures of these beautiful pools on the website, then I immedately go to you tube to get a good look at what really goes on! And then I see 80% men and 20% women, standing nuts to butts looking like a bunch of tools! Not my idea of fun at all.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.