1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A place like STK beides n9ne?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by gilas, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gilas

gilas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are a group of 13 people and wanted to book a table at STK this memorial weekend for dinner. However it seems there will be two separate tables for groups larger than 8 people. Any suggestions on a similar place with similar ambiance beside n9ne? Thanks!

2. dunebug81

dunebug81 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    35 Steaks and Martinis at the Hard Rock I'm sure serves mediocre over priced food with the loud music so you can hardly hear the person next to you ambiance like N9ne has. :poke:

3. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out Botero @ Encore. They can handle your group size and has delicious steaks and similar atmosphere and crowd as N9ne and STK has. Its right next to XS and get a lot of club goers. Another option with a similar atmosphere but different food would be Tao @ Venetian. Also great food and a lot of fun.

4. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whats overpriced about the N9NE? The food is definitely on par with other top steakhouses and probably a little cheaper as well.
    About the atmosphere thats exactly what a lot of people is looking for, if u want somewhere quiet u should definitely go elsewhere. About having a problem hearing the person next to you I have to say I never had any problem with that and you just sound like an old grumpy man who is bothered by a little music.

5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to be a total snot here, but in my not so humble opinion, most groups do not need a HUGE table. People seated at a huge table can only talk to those to their sides and across the table directly. Why not just break up the group? You'll probably get better service and the wait staff will surely appreciate not having to futz around re-arranging tables and such.

6. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Attacking the place/atmosphere is not the same as attacking the poster.....no need for it since you don't know him/her.

7. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stack in the Mirage.

We had a table of 12 and it was a great meal with a good atmosphere. Try the Hot Rocks appetizer for sure.

8. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol why so sensitive? If you are complaining about a restaurant being to loud when thats exactly the atmosphere they are trying to sell, and then complaining about it being to expensive when in fact its priced similar or below its competitors it just make u come off as old and grumpy thats all. Its not a personal attack i just think his/her comments are totally irrelevant trying to help OP find a good place.

Also, no need to take it personal.

9. dunebug81

dunebug81 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've eaten there a few times and it's a Texas Roadhouse quality steak at a 50% larger bill. Sure N9ne is somewhat cheaper than Prime or SW but you get what you pay for at Prime or SW.

As for being a grumpy old man, I'm the ripe old age of 31 and you are correct I don't find that music enjoyable for a sit down meal.

10. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never eaten at Texas Roadhouse but i might have to try it. I guess evryone got different opions and taste but i agree with u that SW is slighly better then N9NE, not so much the steaks as the apetizers. My favorites in steakhouses in vegas are SW, Carnevino, and N9NE in that order.
    Prime is on the other hand very overated IMO even though its not bad in any way. About the quality of the meat u get pretty much the same at Prime, N9NE and SW and they all use the same wet aging process while Carnevino is different since the dry age their own steaks.

11. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Texas Road House is really not bad for a chain. It's fun, but it can be loud.

They have the steaks up front and you can select your own if you want.

Oh, they do that annoying "It could be worse, you could be one of the waiters" birthday thing quite often, it seems. :)

12. gilas

gilas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to Botero a couple of times, the food quality and service is excellent, but was looking for something more exciting... thanks though!

13. gilas

gilas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, if it were up to me, I would have preferred the two tables too... but because of the occasion, everybody else insisted on one huge table. Thanks!

14. gilas

gilas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to Botero a couple of times, the food quality and service is excellent, but was looking for something more exciting... thanks though!

15. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

Stack is a great choice. It's where I'd go, for sure.

16. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How about Jaleo then? I always had a great time there and the place is really lively especially on a friday saturday.

17. gilas

gilas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm, hadn't heard of this one... just looked for it, it's a Spanish tapas kind of place. I was looking more for Steakhouses...

18. gilas

gilas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was looking into that myself too... Have you been there? How's the food/ambiance?

19. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

The food is classic comfort eats with a modern twist. Good service and beautiful dining room. It's loud and they play good tunes.

20. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, obviously if he finds it mediocre (which he also did), he's going to find it overpriced. If I paid 40-50 a la carte for a steak and found it mediocre I'd certainly think I had overpaid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.