1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Heart Attack Grill

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by keno60, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you share at this cafe? I would like to try it, but not be wasteful.

2. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heart Attack Cafe

Please don't eat there because in the last few months there have been people who had heart attacks there.

The owner likes to add extra grease and lard to their foods. Why would you want to eat such unhealthy foods that can send you to the hospital?

Everytime somebody gets sent to the hospital it makes the news in Vegas.
    The owner says that people eat greasy foods all the time.

That is true.... but his cafe adds extra grease just for fun. YUCK!

They say curiosity killed the cat. The same can happen to you.

3. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would you take all the oil out of your car and expect it to run good? Of course not.

Same goes for the human body. It needs oil and grease in the blood stream to lubricate the veins to prevent clogging.

It only makes sense. You dont want dried out, brittle veins, that would be unhealthy!!

You should not only eat there but should eat there numerous times per day for your health.

4. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Clogged veins

CousinEddie, You made me laugh. I use olive oil and real butter to keep my body engine moving. I use it in MODERATION!

People who over eat grease on a daily basis get sick with clogged arteries.

I think it will be best for the OP to share a greasy hamburger and a green salad and eat some fruit for dessert. LucyR.

5. lesmith

lesmith Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we were there at Christmas time, I took my son and step-son to eat there. They wanted to go for the novelty, to get a t-shirt, and to look at the "nurses." I tried bites from their food. I don't think they mind if you share, but they still make you wear the hospital gown even if you don't order. Funny story...my step-son's favorite drink is Diet Coke. He ordered one, and the nurse replied, "We don't have ANYTHING diet here!"

6. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    op, there was a thread about heart attack grill (not cafe, unless you're talking about a different place?). do a search for it. from what i've heard, it's pretty good for the price and the gimmicky feel to it. if we get to downtown on our next trip, we plan to check it out. i don't see why you couldn't share, but i've never been so can't really say.

this is just plain ignorant. of course it makes the news. i've known people to get heart attacks at other restaurants, but that never made it in the news. know why? because people have heart attacks in all kinds of places. it's only newsworthy because the name is heart attack grill. let's count the number of people who have had a heart attack at one of these restaurants and compare it to the number of people who haven't had a heart attack while eating there. unless you already are on your way to a heart attack, then you will be fine. moderation is the key. if you already have a propensity or predisposition for heart problems, then you should not only skip this restaurant, you should watch your diet in general.

7. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

Silliness.
    One visit is not going to kill anyone. Anyone who has a heart attack while there has/had a predisposition to having a heart attack even before walking in the door, by possibly being overweight, having high cholesterol or a bad heart in general, but a normal healthy person should be able to partake with no fear.
    Your assertion is akin to someone claiming that smoking a single cigarette will immediately cause lung cancer

8. mckevin32

mckevin32 Low-Roller

Had lunch there in February. It was a pretty good burger and fries, and I was fortunate enough to survive it. I guess for my June trip I will not only tempt fate once again, but add in the vodka chocolate shake!

In answer to the OP, We swapped food back and forth, no one gave us any notice. Not all of the burgers are huge, the single and fries was a reasonably sized meal for one.

9. Alasted

Alasted Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm trying to gain 200 lbs so I can take advantage of that free meal deal.

10. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's funny about the diet coke...

I think I'll make a point to visit next time I'm in town. Mainly for the pure novelty of it and to check out the "nurses", lol! :evillaugh

Another thread on this subject mentioned that the food is not bad, but I think the majority of their business is due to the novelty aspect.

11. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't believe everything you hear :)

12. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    French fries are fried in lard and I plan on trying them next trip.:thumbsup: Everything in moderation.

13. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let's keep this on topic folks...

As for sharing, I know places like Hash House a Go Go have an additional charge if you wish to share a meal. Worse case scenario, Heart Attack Grill may do the same.

Though I did just see "No Sharing" on their menu. Then again, it might be their special for those that are over 350 pounds who eat for free.

14. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks

Thanks for the info. and the humor! I think I am going to try it with one of my sons this trip.

15. marillo

marillo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have heard so much (good & bad) things about Heart Attack Grill,
    I wanna try the triple or maybe the quadruple bypass burger next month :Þ

16. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks

Thanks for the accurate information. Have a great night.:beer:

17. GoobSoCold

GoobSoCold Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just checked out the menu. It's cash only, that's kind of surprising these days.

18. rayout

rayout Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Burger and fries were excellent. So was the milkshake (made with additional butter - there is a pat of it floating around in there!).

Price was pretty reasonable but note that they charge even for water.

For those of you scared to eat here:

1. Eating a single meal won't trigger a heart attack
    2. There has never been any link between saturated fat/cholesterol and heart disease. It is a myth perpetuated by drug companies: http://www.ajcn.org/content/early/2010/01/13/ajcn.2009.27725.abstract
    3. Saturated fat is a far more stable cooking medium. Polyunsaturated fat easily goes rancid when exposed to heat - vegetable cooking oils are basically rancid as soon as you buy them due to the heat used to extract them from corn/soybeans/canola seeds/etc. These rancid oils are what is bad for you.

I specifically came here since they cooked with lard :p

19. Crambone

Crambone Gnaeus Pompey Magnus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    http://www.ktnv.com/dirtydining/155848485.html

"Action News Contact 13 stopped by the Fremont Street restaurant after it was slapped with a 40 demerit C grade. Just one more demerit and the Southern Nevada Health District would have forced it to close it's doors."

"mold-like substance was growing in the ice"

That's just icky. I put it on next years Bucket List if they straighten up their act.

20. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was going to check this place out until a previous poster said they make you wear a hospital gown. :nono: I'm not wearing one of those by choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.