1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo Weekend Rate $38.50

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Omlette Please, May 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weas

weas Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Vegas Deals

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wanted to go to Vegas in December with daughter and SIL. They are staying on a comp at Ceasers. They are going for the rodeo Dec 12-17.

Had good flights with flyer miles on United. I went to the Las Vegas Advisor slight and checked the Flamingo. Went to the book early option and found a Fab Luxury room at the Flamingo for $31.50 for Wed, Thurs, Sun, Mon and Friday and Sat were $38.50. So for $227.00 I am on my way for six nights.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2012
  2. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    YEAH!

For that rate you can upgrade to a better room.

I booked the Paris for $40. per night for the week before Christmas. I met
    one of the managers recently. I think I might be upgraded to a better room
    when I arrive in Dec.
    I want to see the festive decorations of the hotels. I know it will be
    cold weather but it will be fun.

I do like the Flamingo a lot and plan to stay there after summer is over.

People say that Dec. has great hotel rates. It looks like they do. LucyR.

3. bsmithy2k

bsmithy2k Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are FAB rooms located on a specific floor or tower?

4. weas

weas Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Vegas Deals

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are suppose to be strip view.

5. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fab Luxury are. Fab deluxe are not.

6. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea, we have gone the week of Christmas every year for probably the past 6 or 7 years (since I don't celebrate), and it's a great deal. That's usually when we can get the coolest room at the best rate. Last year we got a big corner suite at Vdara and I think we only payed about $100 a night. In years passed it's been THEhotel, same thing. $100 or less. If you want to stay somewhere less fancy, it's REALLY cheap.

The week before Christmas is the absolute cheapest. But, be warned it's completely dead. Like nobody at all. Christmas week really starts to get busy though.

You can even get a GO room for $52-66 anytime between the 9th of December and the 27th.

7. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The week before Christmas!

I will be in Vegas and I will not have to stand in long lines for the buffets,
    restaurants, night clubs, etc.
    There will not be tons of people bumping into me as I walk around.
    I will be able to find a seat on the buses.
    I can wear my beautiful winter clothes and boots that I hardly get to wear
    in California.
    I can have fun shopping at the Malls on the strip to buy me gifts.
    There will be lots of space on Southwest airline plus deals.
    There will be lots of happy tourists who go every year to Vegas in Dec.

I know I am going to have a BLAST! LucyR.

8. tapakip

tapakip Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I just booked 3 nights at the Flamingo for a whopping $85.68, all taxes included. Headed out July 16th-19th. Used promo code 2NTE15 to get 15% off their rates. Was also logged in to Total Rewards, if it matters.

Really hoping the $20 tip trick works, as I'd much prefer to be in a Go Room instead. Well, we'll see what happens in a few months.

9. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    tapakip -

Better chance at least since you are going mid-week during your July time-frame.

Weas -

You have 20 trips to Vegas. Have you never played at Caesars properties (any of them) before ?? If you have you should be logging in with your TR card & checking your dates for this trip. Most people that play at CET can get a better rate or a comp through their own TR card on the site than they can thru a 3rd party like LVA. Don't look for offers, as obviously they are not out yet.

Go to Caesars & log-in. From the 'make a reservation' link on the left, select LasVegas - leave at all hotels. Enter dates & # adults. It will bring you up a screen with every hotel in LV, all the room types available (including all the handicap rooms which is now very nice to have also) & the price for each one.

However, if both of you have a card, then click on Reservations from the top of the page instead. Basically do the same thing, but this one will allow you to enter a companion/spouse TR card # also to try to get a better comp, rate or room type.

As an expample - right now I can get all 4 types at Flamingo, all 3 at Harrahs & IP, ST at Ballys, normal at Paris comped. Caesars is $307 for the 5 nights in lowest room level. If I add in my mom's TR # as a travel companion, my common ones remain the same, however Caesars gives me the lowest 3 levels of rooms now all comped (and my mom has FOUR TR credits - she can get nothing on her own - but adding her to mine makes a difference!!).

Your rate is great but I'm just thinking with with 20 trips to Vegas listed you might have some CET play under your belt & each have a card number that might benefit you more.

Another option is for your daughter to call & ask what a 2nd room rate would be at Caesars, however I would expect that would probably be in the $69 range - seems like they usually run that. So that ups the price.

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  10. mcmann14

mcmann14 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Girlfriend and I snagged one of the renovated Executive King Suites at MGM Grand for $75/night Dec. 16-20. The week before Christmas definitely looks best for hotel rates.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.