1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting Six People from Airport to Hotel

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Team Slacker, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Team Slacker

Team Slacker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is the best (fastest/cheapest) way to get six people from the airport to your hotel? Do they have cabs that can hold six people?

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably just take 2 cabs. You could get a limo that would do it but it won't be cheaper, and they won't let you put 6 in a cab.

3. tizzy

tizzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am in the same dilemma. I don't really care much about limos so my wife and I will probably just take a taxi and let the other couples fend for themselves.

4. Team Slacker

Team Slacker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, didn't know if there were any minivan taxis that could hold us all. Probably just let everyone get there on their own then.

5. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Five per cab is max by state law, I believe.

As mentioned, two cabs is probably the best compromise of speed/convenience/money. If you’re going to most strip properties, figure roughly $15-20 plus tip for each one.

A limo would be more comfortable, smell a little better and you wouldn’t have to wait in line or worry about being long hauled. But, one big enough for six would be $70+ one way (plus tip).

6. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You didn't mention where the hotel was. If it is the MGM or Trop or NYNY 2 taxis is prob best. If it is The STRAT . you might be better off in a limo, comfy, fun and you have an hour to drive ending at your hotel. ight find one at $60-70.

Jimbo338

7. kingpasty

kingpasty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Call Lasvegastransportation.com. I've used them several times for strip charters, and a 6 person limo is around $50 bucks + tip. Now as far as bags go, You'd probably be stretching it. No pun intended. Even for $80 though you can get a larger limo that would comfortably seat everyone, and have them stop at a liquor store on the way to the hotel. The money you'll save paying normal prices for liquor (assuming you're going to be drinking in your room) will far offset the limo vs. cab cost.

8. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shuttles are fun

I bought a $7.00 ticket for the BellTran Shuttle company. I was put in a Limo because the shuttle was full of people. I sat in the front seat with the driver and had fun talking with him and was dropped off first at Ballys.

Everybody should just pay the $7.00 so you can all stay together.

A group of friends/family who ride together will have more fun on a shuttle.
    Plus, you will all arrive at the same time together. The shuttles have a lot of space for your luggage too as compared to a Limo or taxi. Humm... LucyR.

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Help us help you. What hotel, and do you all arrive at the same time?

Without that, I would suggest taking cabs as you arrive. As to taking a shutle. 6 people times $7 is $42. Two cabs would be less than that. If you can walk out and get the shuttle right away, it might be a good idea. But, if it is full and you have to wait for the next one, then....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.