1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fashion Show Mall....

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by GreggWizard, May 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreggWizard

GreggWizard Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is this place all about? Is it pretty much another huge shopping mall, or does it have unique attractions that are a "must see"......I'm wondering cause we're planning a trip to Vegas in a couple months and we're on the fence about including this place in our already jam-packed plans. Is it worth the trip to check this Mall out?

2. ILoveDonuts

ILoveDonuts Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's the biggest mall in LV. And they have a fashion runway. And if you have a condo at the Trump Tower or renting a place there, the mall is a convenient place to walk over for a quick bite.

3. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its a typical giant mall with the added bonus of a runway fashion show every few hours or so

4. Alasted

Alasted Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's pretty much another massive, upscale-ish mall. Since time is tight, I say skip it.

However, if you really dig shopping and are going to be nearby anyway -- like at Treasure Island or Wynncore -- give it a go.

5. tizzy

tizzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always include it in our trips. The different stores and places to eat are a very nice change from what we have locally. Maggionos is a must when we go to Vegas if you like Italian food at a good price and large portions. It has a nice patio and it's right there at the mall. Connected bridges to Wynn and Treasur Island make it very accessible also.

6. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We don't go out the way to see the place but if in the area we may do lunch at the California Pizza place they have there.

Since your schedule is packed full I wouldn't bother.

7. rebirth

rebirth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just another regular big mall. Nothing special like the Forum Shops

Vegas 2024 Part 1
  8. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Isn't that the mall with the spiral escalator? I guess I think that is unique enough to see if you are close by.:beer:

Sema Show
    Golden Knights here we come. Go Dallas Stars!
  9. rebirth

rebirth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's the forum shops at Caesar's

Vegas 2024 Part 1
  10. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, still think that thing is kind of unique!!:beer:

Sema Show
    Golden Knights here we come. Go Dallas Stars!
  11. MrSandsman

MrSandsman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice place to waste a few hours browsing in the stores. Has an Apple store if you want to check out the latest gadgets. The fashion shows on the runway are entertaining.

Overall, a great place to drop off the wife/gf for a few hours whilst you hit the strip clubs.

12. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We go there on most trips - I buy my wife a bear from Build a Bear Workshop for each trip to Las Vegas, most of the time we buy it there but sometimes we get it from the one at our local mall.

Is it worth it... that really depends on the person and if you want to go shopping while in Las Vegas or not.

They have a directory on their website and you can see that most of the stores are pretty upscale... but its not an outlet mall so its not like there are super bargains to be found (though like any mall anywhere they have seasonal sales to move merchandise and sales when business is slow).

For us usually what we do is stay at Monte Carlo or Aria and we take a taxi to the mall and get off at the Dillard's end. Go in, get our bear from the Build a Bear and then check out a few of the stores as we work our way to the front.

Out front we'll go to Ti, gamble there for a little bit, head over to Mirage for some gambling, then to Caesars through the forum shops for more gambling, walk over to Bellagio for more gambling and to see the conservatory and do some gambling... then take the tram back to Aria/Monte Carlo.

So for us its "worth it" because it makes a good starting point destination for us to start our first day in Las Vegas and then work our way back to our hotel (we usually leave our hotel around 3PM and get back around 1AM on a day like that).

But otherwise I'd really just say its just a mall... if you don't have any special shopping plans or needs its probably not really worth going out of your way to go see and if you do visit places like the shopping at Caesars Forum Shops, Planet Hollywood's Miracle Mile and/or the Grand Canal Shoppes at Venetian then you've seen a lot of whats at Fashion Show.

13. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've heard about this mall many times but I always though it was off strip. Once you said by TI/Wynn, I looked it up and its that place with the crazy UFO saucer. I've walked by this place at least 20 times and never knew it was the fashion show mall. And now I know.

14. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you like regular shopping, it's probably the best! I mean, they have real stores, it's not all Fendi's and Dior's it's Gap, Macys, Dillards.. etc. We visit there a lot. But, yea it's just a really good, normal mall.

15. GreggWizard

GreggWizard Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, Everyone, I appreciate the feedback!! We'll be right at the Mirage, so if we wind up with a couple extra hours we'll definitely check it out....especially for Maggianos!!

16. GreggWizard

GreggWizard Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, Auggie and Mr Sandman!!

17. GreggWizard

GreggWizard Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey - how are you guys getting those countdown meters on your messages?? That's COOL!!

18. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  19. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

In the 50 or so trips to Vegas, I haven't even thought of going to the Fashion Show Mall - just not the shopper type.
    Never even knew why it was called FSM, now I do. After reading the posts, I'm intrigued enough to visit it.

20. GreggWizard

GreggWizard Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks again for all the valuable information, everyone!! It is a tremendous help!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.