1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Presidential Limo, first bad experience

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Uncle__Joe, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle__Joe

Uncle__Joe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This has been my 3rd time booking Presidential, and it's the first time I've ever had a bad experience. My pickup driver was miserable. We weren't offered water,champagne, or rose for my wife. We had even paid extra for the bigger car. He seemed annoyed that I asked him to drive the strip (mind you, this was a Tuesday night, no traffic). He didn't seem to know the area, and did a 3 point turn on the strip at the light down by the old Stardust to turn around, which felt very unsafe and just odd.

I hope this isn't a sign of the times from Presidential.

OTH My pickup driver, Wesley, was fantastic. Pleasant and personable.

Now, here's my question. Wesley gave us his card with his info. Can we reserve through him, directly? Do they get commission or have quotas for booking trips? I never thought of requesting a driver as I never had an issue, before, but I'd like to reward him for providing a quality service by giving him the work.

2. Sue24

Sue24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like this driver was letting his bad day rub off on you. Sorry!

We had Presidential just 2 weeks ago and had a great time, stopped for refreshments and drove up the strip before we headed downtown to 4Queens.
    On the way back to the airport, the driver stopped and took our picture at the Welcome sign. Lol, the window was blowing like crazy, so we look like we had been riding Harleys!

Interesting, we only got a card from the first driver, Tony....great guy. The return driver was friendly too, but did not offer his card.

I would say if you liked your driver, you should ask for him/her!

3. 3cats

3cats High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, you can call the driver directly and book your reservation. or, when you call Presidential to make your plans, you can specifically request a driver.
    There are still a few good ones there,
    I personally recommend Ted, there are 2 Ted's on the driver staff, so ask for the one from WI. aka,,,,, Wisconsin Ted.

No the drivers do not get a commission if you book through them. They wish.

4. twins_mom

twins_mom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is the cost for this service?

5. pattiinontario

pattiinontario "PATTI-O-LANTERNS"

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the tip...I'll definitely make a request for our upcoming trip. We've used Pres 5 times now and always had great service.

I'm curious....did you call afterwards and let them know that you were unhappy? If you don't tell them, they don't know.

7. Uncle__Joe

Uncle__Joe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't call them, right away. I didn't want to get caught up into a customer service back & forth, on my vacation.

I did send them an email, once I returned home. I have yet to get a response. It's been 3-4 days. That kind of surprises me.

8. JoeDat

JoeDat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My last trip in April, our driver didn't have a bottle of Champagne in the Limo so he stopped and picked one up for us. Our driver was Clint.

I have never had a problem with Presidential, we have used them at least 5 or 6 times. Their drivers have always been top notch. Sorry you had a bad experience.

9. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have always had really great service with Presidential so am sorry to hear you had a bad experience....hopefully just a bad day. I am surprised you haven't heard back from them yet though. I have requested a particular driver when booking with Presidential with success.:eek:

10. Uncle__Joe

Uncle__Joe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. I have always had top notch service. I did on my return trip, too. It won't deter me from using them again, I'm just going to start requesting a specific driver.

11. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe....what a small world, I should have headed the advice of your thread and all the members responses.

I'm guessing we got the same guy you did on the pick-up. He seemed from his accent to be from Russia or somewhere in that area. We also got the stretch limo w/ the rose and champagne. No offer of the rose (laying in the back), water, nor did he open or mention the champagne. It sat in the holder on ice so we just took it w/ us to the room. When we were at the baggage carousel, he spent the entire time texting on his phone and the only words spoke was "are you OK with getting your bags off of the carousel?":rolleyes2: A total dud.

I called on Thursday (we left on Friday 6/15) and requested someone other than our pick-up driver. I also got Wesley and like your experience, he was awesome and he gave us his card and I will be requesting him for our fall trip.

She asked if there was a problem w/ our pick-up driver and although I wasn't thrilled w/ him, I also didn't want someone to lose their job in an economy like this. I just said I've had other drivers that seemed a little more helpful and she said "yes, he doesn't talk much".....I suppose it could partially be the language barrier but that doesn't explain not offering the rose and champagne.

Again, I hate to see someone lose thier job but I'd be surprised if he's still driving for them a year from now...at least in the stretch limo. He would probably be a decent driver for the "no-frills" sedan $99 choice they offer.

12. techie223

techie223 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've used Presidential several times and always had good service, except for one time. In that case, it wasn't that the driver was bad, but that somehow Presidential overbooked and had to send one of their affiliates limos. They didn't pass along the info about the "champagne" and rose, so we were kind of bummed. Shouldn't have been too big a deal, but you look forward to the experience as getting the trip off to a good start :rolleyes2:

I called customer service and left a voice mail, and it did take almost 2 weeks for them to get back to me, but they did reimburse half of the on-line reservation fee. I think there's only one guy who looks after that part of the business, so if he's away from the office it leads to a delay.

You should definitely get part of your fees reimbursed. You pay for a specific service and if they don't provide that service, you should be compensated.

13. Wyo351

Wyo351 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny you should mentioned it too because I think we had the same driver on our trip over NYE. Younger guy, and he did say he was from Russia. Really unfriendly and more interested with his cell phone than being courteous.

We've used Presidential Limo for years and this was the only time we felt the driver didn't provide the service we normally get. We'll still use Presidential, as these guys usually have a way of weeding themselves out...

14. Vegasing

Vegasing Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I booked Presidential for our upcoming trip , I requested our last driver, who was amazing. Now there's another reason I hope we're able to get him.

15. Reed

Reed High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had excellent experiences with Presidential. The first time our driver, John, gave me his card so I just call him when I book my trip.

16. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked a limo through the concierge desk at Paris, and it will be a Presidential limo....I don't think I can call and request a driver...?? It's being billed through the hotel. Now I'm nervous! We've not taken a limo before, and I don't know exactly what to expect, esp booking it through the hotel. I'd sure like it to be a great experience. Any tips?

17. dawgfan11

dawgfan11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i've booked through Presidential Limo about 6-7 times. We were lucky on our first trip we got John Rosalia and I have booked every trip since then with him. He is very friendly and my wife loves him. He's happily driven us up and down the strip before and also taken us to the Vegas sign. On our last 3 trips he's brought us to In n Out burger before dropping us off at our hotel. I typically buy him lunch when he does lol!

Unfortunately on our recent trip I found out that John had a parted ways with them and moved to another state, we were given Sean who wasn't bad per say but he wasnt' John. He didn't give the roses to the ladies and he didn't open and pour the champagne like john. He did take us over to In n Out though. Sounds like i'm going to have to request Wesley now from your guys reviews.

18. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know about Presidential, but I have always been happy with A1 Worldwide. True, there is no champagne, water or rose (I don't need or want a rose lol) but the total cost for a luxury sedan is about $50 which, unlike Presidential, includes gratuity. Anything you want to give the driver beyond that is at your own discretion (which for that Russian character with the cell phone addiction, would be nada).

19. Wyo351

Wyo351 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    John left Presidential Limo?!?! Say it isn't so! He was sometimes hard to book but he was by far our favorite driver.

20. airball1996

airball1996 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have them booked for Monday July 9th. I might have to call them a little bit ahead of time to request a certain list of drivers. Georgie, Tyrone, or Desmond would be fine for me. Just please, don't give me Sandra again. She was a similar "no above and beyond" type of driver. Her tip reflected that as well.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.