1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Keurig?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Publius, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Brandy taste better with coffee :thumbsup:

2. MNVegasgal

MNVegasgal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love my Keurig.. I light light roast, my husband and son like a darker roast. We also have one at work. People purchase there own pods.. and nobody gets stuck always buying the coffee or cleaning the pot. I also enjoy the ice'd teas.. brew up nice.. and yummy. I buy my pods at Kohls online with a 30% off coupon code, and free shipping, last night I even got 20 Kohls cash.. which I will turn around and use on more cups - stock up when on sale. Highly recommended.

3. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Until the cost of the K-cups come down, I don't really see the point. I don't drink coffee but I would appreciate the convenience for hot chocolate, cider and tea. I did notice that Walgreens started to offer their own K-cups. So maybe some some more third parties will come into the market and start bringing prices down.

4. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see some posts about the cost of K Cups. Brew your own brand!! You can purchase a personal K Cup filter for about $14 and fill it with whatever coffee grounds you have. I am currently brewing a bag of Sbux Komodo Dragon - my favorite.

You don't have to buy the K Cups, you have options.

5. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah, the k-cup filter was already mentioned a couple of times. hopefully, it wasn't hidden too deeply within the k-cup talk. word of advice about the filter, be very careful how you put it in and make sure it is exactly where it is supposed to go. my fiance poked a hole through his because he thought he had it in there properly and closed the keurig lid, and pop! now he had a nice hole in his filter! :cry: but he contacted the company (it wasn't keurig that he got the filter from-he bought it on amazon), and they sent him a new one no problem! so now he is much more careful :thumbsup:

6. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool to have

GREAT for parties when you have a bunch of people wanting coffee and you can offer them mostly any flavor they want.

Not so great when it is just you because of the price per cup.

That being said, the Keurig sits unused until parties and the other coffee pot that just brews one flavor and turns on by itself in the morning is still the coffee maker used the most in our house.

7. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Folgers makes k-cups now. The market is open:peace:

(some of the machine/sets I've seen include the filter - could be a nice affordable way to get one - always check out the extras in boxed sets:thumbsup:)

8. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Proctor and Gamble (and everyone else) pays a royalty to Vermont Coffee Roasters for permission to use the K cup. Think about it, in 1987, who would have thought we would be drinking bottled water? I am constantly amazed at what consumers will pay for convenience.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  9. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What everyone is missing here is the K-cup is a FRESH cup of coffee.....once you open a can of coffee it starts to get stale as the week(s) go on........the K-cup is sealed and stays fresh until used.

10. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my fiance freezes his open coffee and only takes down enough for a week at a time. he says this helps with the staleness.

11. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do this with my whole coffee beans.....never thought of doing it with ground coffee.....thanks for the tip....... :)

12. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hotel32 has then in the room....I have one at home also...love it! Now you can get StarBucks K-Cups so now I'm really hooked on this thing!

13. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

Couple things:
    I love my Keurig
    Yes, if you are a single user or a light coffee drinker, like 2 maybe 3 cups a day, it's great. If you are supplying to the masses, it can be costly.
    As for quality and those of you saying it does not make good coffee, no offense, but you're nuts. I am a coffee snob, appreciate good coffee (and Starbucks AIN'T good coffee) and have had coffee's all over the world, I am telling you the Keurig makes good coffee. A French Press is still and will likely always be the best, but it can be time consuming and a PITA. A Keurig makes good coffee.
    You can make your per cup costs lower if you order direct from Keurig. The boxes are bigger and you cen get discounts and free shipping. Just buy a few months supply in advance.
    If you're having trouble with the taste of your coffee from a Keurig, it's more likely the brand/type of coffee than the maker. I find the light roasts are almost weak tasting. The bold flavors can be very bright tasting. Some can be bitter. If you're new to Keurig, try the sample packs for awhile until you find your sweet spot.

14. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    amen........ :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.