1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Crown and Anchor

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by meccie, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meccie

meccie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Everyone
    We are arriving back in vegas from England week commencing 20th may and would like to pay a visit to the crown and anchor which is a English pub, we have been told it sells decent food and decent Beer could anyone tell tell me if its worth a visit and is it in walking distance from the MGM.
    Thanks.

2. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never eaten there, but it's across the street from my favorite pizza place in Vegas (Metro Pizza). I would say it is definitely not a comfortable walking distance from MGM.

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's two of them in Vegas and neither is within anyone's definition of walking distance, but if you're a fan of an English pub, it's worth the trip. I go to the one on Tropicana (Maryland)... Outstanding Fish and Chips. Great atmosphere.

4. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The one on Tropicana (I didn't know there was another one) is well worth it if you're in the area. Prolly not worth going out of your way for, though. Nothing really negative about it, though.

Everything is in walking distance if you like to walk! However you need to REALLY like to walk if you wanna go from MGM to C&A! :)

5. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But it's super easy & cheap to hop on the bus heading east on Tropicana. Bus stop is just across the street from MGM, by Tropicana (hotel).

6. TURKEY

TURKEY Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Top ten local pub in Las Vegas, well worth the visit.

As mentioned, when in the vicinity, hope over to Metro Pizza and enjoy some of the best pizza in the city.

7. celticnoel79

celticnoel79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great little pub in Vegas, we went there to watch the Celtic game (Celtic FC, not basketball Celtics) and walked back to our hotel (Tropicana) nice little walk as long as you have a couple of beers for extra company! They've got tradition beers from all over and 'real' dart boards in the corner, didnt eat any food but had a quick glance at the menu and seemed ok.

8. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. TURKEY

TURKEY Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  10. meccie

meccie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to everyone for their answers and opinions, as we are staying in vegas for two weeks we have decided its worth the walk we will just have to make sure we have a few bottles of water with us. I will let you know what i think of the place on my return.
    Thanks again

11. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The high temperature during your trip will hover between 90 and 100. With a walk of 3 miles in each direction, I would encourage you to consider taking the bus. The 201 bus runs east on Tropicana - your stop would be between Maryland Pkwy and Spencer. Just ask the driver to drop you off at the closest stop.

PS enjoy your holiday.

12. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Crown and anchor is good. The food is pretty authentic.

Please take the bus, it's only a couple of $ each way and they run every 20mins along Tropicana. We've walked a mile in May/June heat, and it's not good.

13. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The other one is over on Spring Mountain & Decatur, but again I sure wouldn't walk either of them from the Strip. Can you? Sure, if you're into walkin'... A LOT, but I prize the time I spend in Las Vegas and especially if I'm comin' from England!:peace:

14. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    its ok. decent Beers but I wouldn;t go out of the way for it - unless theres a game on and you want to watch that.

Queen vic at the riv is supposed to be ok.

I went to Mcmullins next to the Orleans in March - decent beer and food there.

15. TURKEY

TURKEY Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure what would be the #1 english pub in town.

Most of the new one's are expensive tourist traps.

16. KCSCOTT

KCSCOTT Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can u watch Championship football there? Going in August, so football will be underway again, and my club is Crystal Palace. Hope we do better in the upcoming season

17. Foos

Foos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't they have a $20 Video Poker lunch special where as long as you put $20 into the video poker machines your lunch and first beer are FREE?

18. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fox Soccer channel shows one or maybe two live championship games over the weekend. when you know your dates and are within a week of leaving then check this website for FSC and FS+ http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/tvschedule/story/printableschedule

then you'll know if the game is on. Plus its worth calling ahead to make sure they still have the channel you want.

yes - if you play it on max bet. I had eaten so instead of food they comped me 4 pints of bombadier instead. As they charge $6 a pint I figured I was well ahead! (I lost my $20).

had a very pleasant time watching a game then retired to the beer garden for a couple of pints in the sun. A nice diversion from the usual gambling day/morning.

19. Thor

Thor Beer Drinker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    brighton is better...:beer::beer::beer:

20. TURKEY

TURKEY Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple of the gals working there can be had for a decent price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.