1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Margaritaville All You Can Drink Special

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by djegators, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry if this has already been posted, but looks like a nice deal if you wanna drink a lot, but not gamble:

[​IMG]

2. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. Imagine being the bartender during these two hours. "I'll have another, I'll have anoother, I'lll havve anootherrr, I'llllheve unother, illhaxxtypghphh,"

3. MrSandsman

MrSandsman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is why I don't usually think too much of these all you can drink in two hour deals, as you spend an hour of it queuing up at the bar waiting to be served.

4. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For $5 a beer, you would need to have 5 beers in two hours to break even, and that's pushing it for me.

5. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would get a brain freeze drinking frozen margaritas, I'd have to go with rocks margaritas. Looks like martinis are not "single liquor well brand liquors" and would not be included. Long Island Iced Teas are probably pre-mixed, but one of the fastest ways to go from zero to hammered in two hours.

6. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't normally do all-you-can-drink specials, but I think I could make this one pay off. I'm a fast drinker (not in a "let's get drunk fast" way like in college - just because I'm a fast drinker. Eater too) I could easily drink 5 beers or 5 glasses of wine in an hour, not to mention 2. Couldn't do it with pre-made frozen drinks though.

7. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those pre-made Margaritas that they used to have at the Westward Ho were so tame that I could probably have gone through 5 in two hours and still be able to stand. :)

8. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my friend sent me this flyer on facebook, and i am excited to give it a try. i can easily drink 5 drinks in a hour, but the problem is being served 5 drinks in an hour. i always have trouble getting enough drinks during all you can drink specials.

9. LushLife

LushLife Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Might just try this out. I used to like that Amber beer they brewed on tap, but I don't think they have that any more. I mean it wasn't anything to rave about, but it was better than landshark or any of those Adjunct Lagers

10. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They should take a lesson from a couple bartenders from this one bar back in my college days ... They used to have a "Beer Bust" (on Monday, of all things) where it was AYCD Schaefer for some ridiculously low price. It was interesting to watch, they would never turn the tap off hardly ever. One guy would hand the other the glasses and he would fill them and set them up on the bar. They had it down to a science and didn't spill that much. :)

11. jnojr

jnojr Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two hours of all-you-can-drink LIITs is a fast way to go from zero to ER.

12. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not the amount (or lack) of alcohol - it's the frozen (can't drink fast) and the syrupy aftertaste from the mix. Actually gives my husband a sore throat. I just don't like to drink too many of them.

13. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not much a fan of time-limited all you can drink. You'd get really annoyed if you couldn't get refills quick enough, and I don't like having my drinking pace dictated by anything but whether I feel like having a drink.

14. twins_mom

twins_mom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is this place in one of the hotels? Location please:beer:

15. PokerFaceNJ

PokerFaceNJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This one doesn't have that notation that it is strictly for one person. I assume that it is intended that way but could they really check? My wife and I like to share Margaritas and if we shared for the two hours I wonder if they would catch us. We would easily do well for the money.

16. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    margaritaville is in Flamingo (you can also enter from the strip).

17. twins_mom

twins_mom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you

18. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of the time we are gambling and getting free drinks...but I think we will try this one night of our stay, if it is still in effect in August. Margaritaville is a fun ambiance, and that's a good time of day for us to do some serious-yet-fun drinking. :beer:

19. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the word "you" in the phrase "all you can drink" is singular. If it were plural, it would have read "youse". They probably give you a wristband when you choose this option.

20. technolight

technolight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nah that one is for amateurs, try this at the Stratosphere

,Happy Hour is outrageous as you can drink for $19.99 for four hours, from 5 to 9. Watch a game on one of the many screens around the bar and have a few drinks. One of those hidden deals that are hard to find in Las Vegas.

Hic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.