1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What would you do?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by twins_mom, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twins_mom

twins_mom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our friends booked a cabana at Vdara on Wednesday. In order to secure their/our reservation, they need to be there between 10 and 11am. Our flight doesn't arrive until 10:30am.

We are staying at the Monte Carlo. My question is: Should we try and check in to our hotel first then be line it for the Vdara or skip check in and go directly to the Vdara and enjoy our morning/afternoon at the pool? We will have one medium suitcase and one carry one.

What time would you estimate that we could get from the airport to our hotel? Our room might not even be ready. We could leave our bags at the front desk, but would it be wasting more precious time.

What would you do?

2. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’d say, if your plane doesn’t take a long time to de-board, luggage is reasonably quick to make its way to the carousel and the cab line is short (or you opt for a limo), then 30 minutes from the time you step off the plane until the time you step out of the cab at the hotel is possible. But, 45+ minutes is more likely, even if things go reasonably smoothly. Of course, planes get delayed, luggage gets lost, and every now and then the cab line is a huge…

If time is the most important consideration, just go straight to Vdara from the airport and check your bags there. And if the cab line is long – and you’re willing to spend $60 instead of $20 – get a limo.

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure I follow you... are your friends going to be there or not? If they are then just tell them to go get the cabana at 10AM and you'll join them after you get there...

If they aren't going to be in Vegas at the time and booked the cabana as a treat for you then I would just have them cancel that and book it for another day.

If your flight lands at 10:30AM and you go to check it would be practically impossible for you to do that and get to Vdara by 11AM when you just consider everything from getting off the plane, going through the airport, if you have to wait for luggage or not, if you have to go through customs or not, is there a taxi line, is there a line at the hotel, a line at the bell desk, do you know where the pool is at Vdara or are you going to be wandering around there, will you feel like hitting the pool right away, will you want to go for breakfast instead, etc, etc, etc.

4. PSM

PSM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Huh, I don't see how you can count on making it to Vdara in 30 minutes from the time your plane is supposed to land, especially with checked baggage.

Can you let one couple pick up the checked baggage while the other heads directly to the Vdara pool to secure the cabana reservation? I'm assuming all four of you are coming in on the same plane? Are you all staying at Monte Carlo or are they staying at Vdara?

I'm also confused about the situation regarding each couple.

5. twins_mom

twins_mom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Four friends of the group are staying at the Vdara and arrive on Monday. We will join them on Wednesday, but are stying at the MC. I just wanted to make the most of our short four day trip. I was thinking it might be a waste of time to drive to the MC and check in, as we might not even get our room that early anyways. Could we check in our luggage at Vdara without staying there?

We were thinking of booking another day, but thought Wednesday would be best as dh could take a nap by the pool, as he works until midnight the night prior and we have to be at the airport by 4:30am. This way he is rested before a night out on the town.

6. PSM

PSM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So they're already going to be there and have the cabana secured? If it was me, I'd wanna go straight to check-in and drop my stuff off in the room as quickly as possible so I don't have any concerns or stress about my stuff, check-in later, etc when I'm lounging by the pool at Vdara. But that's just me.

7. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, esp if you say you've got a cabana booked. Most hotels don't care (or ask) if you're staying there when you drop bags at the bell desk.

However - I'm with PSM - if the others in the group will have secured the cabana, take the extra time to get your bags to your hotel, get your bathing suits etc out, then go to the cabana in time for lunch:peace: Because of the monorail (and indoor walking paths) it's not that much of a bother to get between the hotels - without luggage would be easier, one of the reasons I would recommend heading to Monte Carlo from the airport.

8. Liondownnow

Liondownnow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd just check in and get to the Cabana a little late. You can't truly relax until you are all checked-in.

9. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a good chance your room might not be ready that early in the morning. I would pack some swimwear and shoes in a small bag to take to the pool just in case you can't get up to your room to change.

I think I'd just drop my bags off at the bell desk at Vdara and head to the pool instead of checking in to the room at Monte Carlo.

10. elvis66

elvis66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3 weeks ago at 8:30am on a Saturday I went from touchdown to being in my room at Monte Carlo in 46 minutes and that was with no cab line and VIP check in

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.