1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Another MLife Complaint

Discussion in 'Comps' started by engicedave, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

It's too damn confusing.
    I went to the MGM players desk to get a new card, forgot mine at home. I'm a Gold, close to Plat.
    I had $350+ in "Express Comps"
    and like $300 in "Reward Play"

Now woman at desk told me, directly and specifically, that I can use at Restaurants in MGM, just ask first as sometimes the system can be down or their access cut off, so then they won't accept. If everything is online, it should work. I then ask about purchases and "how I have heard about problems using the express comps in stores." She tells me that in some non-MGM owned stores, you cannot use them, but and MGM owned store, like the logo store, you can.
    I used $90 for dinner (solo) at Craftsteak, no problem.
    Go to logo store, pick out some stuff and woman says "Oh no, you're gold, you get a 10% discount"
    I cannot use my express comps for purchases?
    No, only discount, 10% for Gold
    Woman at players club said I could use in this store
    She is wrong, only a 10% discount for Gold

I left my crap there and walked out

I hate when people can get their shit straight and you get different versions of a story because no one knows what's going on.
    As of now, I am done with MGM.
    Crappy service, crappy comps, crappy point earning....someone let me know when they get their act together

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you've never been able to use ECs for retail. there's multiple threads here about that over the past couple of months. the lady at the player's desk obviously didn't know what she was talking about. poor customer service and under-trained employees is an epidemic these days, not just limited to Mlife.

3. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

I can see not being able to use express comps in a Gucci or Prada store at the B, but the logo stores? Where they're buying this junk for .10 on the dollar from China?
    Bogus crap

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Valid issue. Not sure if this is a valid complaint.

As said, there has been some long discussions about where you can and can not use Express Comps - and retail is not allowed.

Technically, she was right in saying you can use it in the store. BUT - as you found out, it is only good for a discount.

As to getting another card when you left one at home. That is never, ever a problem. Usually they will give you two cards.

5. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

It's a valid complaint when the MGM Players Club representative tells me directly I can use MLife Express Comps in the MGM store for purchases, when I cannot.

How is that not a valid complaint, because I read here? There's even conflicting information on here, so I asked directly and specifically of the MGM MLife Players Club Representative and was told the wrong thing.

6. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the idea of express comps, but I have a feeling no place would know what you are trying to do... I have like $30, but it's like really, is any place gonna now what I'm talking about haha. Also we called and asked about getting the points of dining and stuff, and they basically said they won't know what to do with it, so just charge everything to your room.

7. y2mulder

y2mulder Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seriously, I didnt start this thread, I swear.

Agreed with the logo restrictions being BS though. Really?? T-shirts make you a walking advertising billboard, and cost nothing to make. Let the poor guy drop $27 in EC already.

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is sad that their staff is not trained better
    Or web sites are more informative.

I do agree that logo items should be included.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.