1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo Go Pool

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Tree DA, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What can you tell me? Last time I stayed at Flamingo during pool season was 2005. Has much changed? I don't think the Go Pool was there then.

Is there a cover for the Go Pool? Is it worth checking out? We're a group of 30-40 year old dudes so I'm thinking we won't quite be the right demographic.

Anything else you can tell me about the pool scene would be great. Last time I was there (again, it's been 7 years so the info is out of date) they had great drink specials at the pool. It did get crowded though.

2. sarmcl

sarmcl Low-Roller

PLease see my post about the pool. The Go Pool is the main pool and is 21 and over. Bring your ID and keycard though. You cant save chairs AT ALL, you cant move a chair or you will get screamed at(I saw this happen mutiple times!), and you cant bring food or outside beverages in other than water.

Overall experience of the pool(and I have been many times) is its fine until about noon and then the crappy club music starts playing. They also have some hot booty contest at 3 with women that should NOT be showing anything if you get my drift. You and your friends might like that :) I thought it was just gross.

Drink specials? Ha. $5 bloody marys until 11.........after that...........$15!!!!! Yes you read that right. Other than that no drink specials. Its not cheap by any means.

3. PSM

PSM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pricing like this is why I've already started setting aside money every week for the wedding/honeymoon trip at the end of August. People budget well for the hotel and flights, rental car, and often for a separate gambling stash, but most people I know who haven't been to Las Vegas before soon realize that it's the drinks by the pool and other seemingly less expensive activities that wind up burning your budget faster than you planned for.

If my girlfriend and I want to relax by the pool for a few hours and have a couple drinks each, it could easily end up costing around $60-$70. Multiply that by the ten or so days we'll be there and you're talking about $600-$700 just for that part of the trip. Luckily, we've been drinking a lot less lately (healthy diet for the wedding), so it's only gonna take a drink to get us both feeling it lol.

4. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Didn't realize this was their main pool. Is there a separate cover charge or anything? I read online that there was. I don't see how they can charge a cover for the pool. Maybe I'll take my keys from my stay at venetian last week and hang out at their pool instead.

5. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can go to the pool free if you are staying on property. If you are staying at another CET prop it is $15 per person.

6. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Expect the pool to be super cold and contain lots of beer as the day progresses. It will be crowded and with really no room to swim. You will see plenty of the under 30 crowd.

7. sarmcl

sarmcl Low-Roller

OMG the pool was FREEEEEZING. I get it when summer is in full effect but when I was there over the weekend? Oi was that water cold.

And yes alot of 30 and unders there. A complete change from what I was used to.

8. Motorhead168

Motorhead168 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Flamingo pool is overrated. Too crowded. I have no prob with the music, however.

9. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So is this pool like the pool parties mentioned in the 'why i had to leave Aria' thread? Sounds like it's just the main pool with louder than normal music?

10. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was in that stupid pool 8 days ago and it was freezing. And I am from Canada! Not sure why it's gotta be like that. Hardly anyone in the pool but it was packed all around it. Moved to Caesars the next day and pool was much warmer.

Check in was no big deal but yes, the place is loud and no longer a relaxing atmosphere. The old Go pool is now the adults pool. You will still hear the music from the other pool but it is a little more relaxed. And there actually isn't even usually that many kids in there. Or at least there wasn't when I was in the pool.

11. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not a big fan.....I like the music, its not a dayclub per say so you can grab a chair and just layout. But the problem is finding that chair. Every single chair has a towel on it. You have to keep asking if a seat is taken to get a chair.

Why cant people put their towels in the bin as they leave or why dont they do a towel swip a few times a day to clear chairs is beyond me.

Yes they do check ID's now since its 21+. I know it sucks if you dont like to carry your id but bars and clubs do it......since the pool is 21+ now im sure the same laws and fines apply so they prob just do it to cover themselfs.

The chair thing is the biggest downside and to me has enough weight for me not to book flamingo anymore.

12. sarmcl

sarmcl Low-Roller

Another problem is they removed tons of chairs for those stupid daybeds you can rent. I do not understand that(well I do get they want to make $$ but you just eliminated probably 50-75 chairs in that area!!)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.