1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New Japanese at the Wynn - Mizumi

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by MangoPort, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MangoPort

MangoPort High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    http://www.visitwynn.com/documents/Mizumi.pdf

I have been checking the Wynn site over the past weekend and this restaurant is brand new as of today I believe.

I'm assuming it's Okada but with a different name due to the Wynn/Okada public spat currently going on.

I'm quite excited.

2. MangoPort

MangoPort High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just did some more research and it looks like it's in the same place as Okada along with the same chef and it opened May 4.

3. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Amazing, that Steve Wynn not only changed the name but CLOSED THE WHOLE RESTAURANT immediately when the spat with Okada began. Not surprised it is reopening essentially the same but renamed.

Anecdotally, I have heard that one reason he closed Alex was that Elaine Wynn loved the place. After the divorce--no more Alex. I wonder where Alex Stratta will land now?

4. alexanbo

alexanbo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okada was always scheduled for a renovation and the lawsuit just hastened the process.

Alex Stratta was consulting with a restaurant in NY Biglio but has since left there as well. He's actually doing a pop up on May 8th at Marche Bachus

5. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn! I wish I could be in town. I met Jeff Wyatt @ the bar at Le Cirque once, promised I would get out to Marche Bacchus, but I never have. This would be a great opportunity.

6. alexanbo

alexanbo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alex has some sort of consulting deal with Marche Bacchus and still lives in Vegas. He did a previous pop up in February so keep an eye out perhaps.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.