1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife Facebook wall/premium slots causes divorce

Discussion in 'Comps' started by y2mulder, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. y2mulder

y2mulder Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Player on Mlife facebook wall commented on "playing off his Aria room" by getting 1250 points. I replied to the post by stating that the premium slots will make it tough. Also stated that I would not play there until the policy changes. I know, same crap I have been on a quest on.

Post was taken down off their wall, and I was BLOCKED from posting on their wall anymore. From what I saw, they pretty much wiped the entire wall clean of all complaints.

Sent them an e-mail, telling them to take their Mlife account, their slot hijinks, and resort fees and go fuck themselves. Ordered an immediate cancellation of my account, and all the points.

When you have to block posts about your OWN COMP POLICIES, it must be getting pretty bad there. See ya.

2. discostu

discostu Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm, that is the exact same thing that happens on the "Harrah's No Resort Fee Scam" page that bashes harrahs and promotes the mlife properties. Although they say they have no affiliation with Mlife properties.

3. LushLife

LushLife Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Resort fees are like baggage fees. Just add them in to the total price. All this stupid BS these days.

4. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, you really showed them.

5. discostu

discostu Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with you lushlife.

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  6. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +100

hopefully this means an end to your incessant posts about how terrible Mlife is ...

7. KingBBInLV

KingBBInLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where's the divorce lol? Seems like you walked out on them.

8. MangoPort

MangoPort High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also came in here expecting an entirely different story.

9. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I did try to make a nasty post on that page. I got a nasty message back but it's not on their page. It's disappointing that FB allows people to trash people and businesses like that but what are you going to do.

Me too. Remember the MLife/FB promo where you got points for liking them or something? I was expecting a tale over people divorcing over those points! I kinda like this one better though!

10. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Umm, doesn't practically every business with a facebook page do this? I mean, what would be the point of having a facebook page to promote your business if you left negative comments up there? How do they know you aren't working for a competitor and bashing them with alterior motives?

Seems to me a company woud be crazy if they didn't scrub complaints & negative comments from their social media pages - they have no way of knowing what a poster's true motivations are - and now a lot of people think if they complain loudly enough via social media that a company will bend over backwards and drop a basket of freebies in their lap to appease them - even if they really didn't have a negative experience, just to see what they'll get - but I think most companies have started to wise up and realized that people have started to play the system for that reason alone - and as a result now complaining on social media - at least on the company's own page - as opposed to your own page or twitter feed, etc. - is more likely to just get the response you got anymore.

11. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No business is going to leave random rants on their facebook page. Nobody wants bad PR. We have a staff member who monitors facebook pages that we maintain for ourselves and clients and anything negative gets binned off, regardless of whether it is true or not.

12. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's not true. There are all kinds of negative stuff on the CET hotel FB page. Complaints about the rooms in the low ends hotels and stuff like that. Remember last summer when the Flamingo pool switch got hashed out on their FB page? It was ugly but they didn't yank posts.

13. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whats facebook and what's a milfe?

14. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Although I applaud you for doing so, unfortunately it won't do much.
    They aren't going to change unless there is a mass exit.
    Now, if everyone pulls together and decides to do a mass exit from MLife on a given day then I am sure they will take note.

15. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is true. Genuine complaints are not random rants. It's a completely different thing. Most of our clients want genuine complaints removed as well, but a couple will allow them.

It sounds likely that CET don't bother monitoring their social networking pages.

16. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, they do and sometimes actual respond to the feedback. They used to even link to the TA reviews, good and bad.

17. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perhaps just another sign of what a badly managed company CET is, that they don't even have the common sense to scrub negative comments and complaints from there fb page - actually, I was shocked to see on Caesars Palace's website that they actually have a rather prominent link to their tripadvisor page - considering that it's supposed to be their "flagship" property, it should be an embarrassment to them that it is ranked #58 of all hotels in Las Vegas on tripadvisor - if I ran CET, that's not exactly something I'd promote on my website that links for people to go read.

18. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are they really badly managed? Because it was MGM who lost a customer this week, not CET!

19. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    and i bet the MGM CEO was on the phone all week talking to his VPs trying to figure out what went wrong?!!!

or maybe he was on the golf course.

20. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most people think companies would and should do anything to keep their customers happy but in reality there are customers that companies are willing to lose.

And this would be a classic case of that, where the company would be better off losing the customer because in the long run there is probably nothing they can do to keep them: they have a misinformed hypocrite coming in wearing their tinfoil hat and basically latching on to a tidbit of information that they think is relative and then ranting about something they apparently know nothing about.

In the end its just going to be a big waste of time on their part dealing with that customer and trying to keep them because they have made their decision and set their opinion and its most likely all the logic and reason in the world will be unable to sway them from such.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.