1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Which would you choose: Bills Gamblin Hall or Excalibur?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by englishmanincan, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigwill

bigwill Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would stay at Bills I tried Excaliber horrible experience Bills is a perfect location.

2. englishmanincan

englishmanincan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for everyones responses, a fair mix between the two. For the time being I have booked a widescreen room at the Excalibur as I got a really good rate and although we will only have best part of a day we will probably want to check out the south end of the strip for something to do. I will keep any eye on the prices though and if Bills or another hotel gets a good deal I will cancel and re-book.

I am also interested to ask the Flamingo when we arrive what price they can offer us for an extra day in our GO room as someone mentioned.

Someone else also mentioned that if we play at the Flamingo they might even comp our 6th night. Anybody have any idea how much playtime/money has to be spent to get such a thing? we will probably be playing about $50 a day, not very much at all by peoples standards I know but we arnt huge gamblers, mainly there for the experience! - its a Bach/Bachlette thing!

3. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    fair mix? 13 people said bill's, 3 people said excal :poke:. to each his own of course :peace:. what's important is you want to spend time at the south end of the strip, so i guess it makes sense from your perspective to pay a little more and already be down there. i think you'll enjoy your time visiting the south strip; i know i usually do. come back and tell us how you liked excalibur! :wave:

4. englishmanincan

englishmanincan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I might even change before we go if a better deal comes along on mycheapvegas.

Will let you know either way how which ever hotel I end up in compares to the GO at Flamingo. My guess is neither will really!

What do you think the chances of getting a upgrade to a mini-suite is at the Flamingo with the $20 trick, its the girlfriends birthday and anniversary too so going to mention this and see what we can get!

5. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sorry, i've never stayed at flamingo and have never tried $20 trick anywhere (i'm too chicken :eek:).

6. elvis66

elvis66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excalibur would be my choice. I like that area of the strip. And I enjoyed the widescreen room we stayed in. Might also be the fact that I have never won at Bill's

7. PSM

PSM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For your particular situation (basically in and out of the room then off to the airport), I'd go with Bill's. That said, I was very impressed with the quality of the Widescreen View room I stayed in at Excalibur and would definitely stay there again if I was looking to stay South Strip. I don't think you'll be disappointed in the quality of the room at Excalibur for the price, I just don't understand why you'd want to haul your luggage and everything to a completely different area of the Strip for just a few hours in a room before leaving. That seems sort of ridiculous to me, but that's just me. :)

8. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having stayed at both, between the two I would choose Bill's.

But for change of scenery, have you thought about staying downtown for the one night? The room rates will probably be cheaper than either Excal or Bill's, you'll have cheap dining options for your last night when you're going to be low on money. Heck, the tower rooms at the El Cortez have the exact same layout as a room at Bill's (but without the flat-screen TV).

I admit that any savings would likely be offset by the cost of a taxi getting there -- you probably don't want to take suitcases on a city bus.

9. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I'd say Bill's because of the location and it gets good reviews in here. But, have you looked into keeping your room at Flamingo that extra night? Kind of a pain in the butt to move.

10. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will get a lot of people that tell you Bill's because it really is a great place to hang out and no frills place to get a room cheap. BUT if you are going and you want to have that resort experience, staying in a large property, you need to go with Excalibur. Bills is a tiny little place with a small little restaurant, and practically no amenities. I wouldn't call trudging to the Flamingo pool an amenity either...

I had to ponder the same thing between Bill's and Harrah's and in the end I am glad I chose Harrah's because I would walk downstairs and I felt like I had many choices within my doors. Piano Bar, Toby Keiths, Sports Book bar, Carnival Court all with a little separation from each other.

Excalibur though is geared towards kids running around ..2nd to Circus Circus in Vegas. Fair warning. I am sure NYNY/Harrah's/Luxor are priced fairly close to Excalibur's Widescreen Room (after resort fees). I would choose all 3 of the above before going to Excal.

11. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bills will be my choice with a sidebar. If you wanted to spend time at the pool ( just based on your 2 choices) would say Excalibur.. for ONLY that reason. Otherwise Bills.

12. Las Vegas Asia

Las Vegas Asia MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excalibur

I like the largest cinderblock structure in the united states, The Excalibur.
    /
    /I think the dragon is in the parking garage ground level! :)

13. The Scotsman

The Scotsman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bills without a doubt.

My number 1 hotel in Vegas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.