1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A New Big Empire Trip Report

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Fred C. Dobbs, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fred C. Dobbs

Fred C. Dobbs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

The Big Empire Crew, including me, has finally wrapped up our trip report from last year's bachelor party bacchanal. Crew member Stevie was getting married and we threw him a blowout, Vegas on 25 Cents a Day party, whether he wanted it or not.

It's way too long to post, so here's the link. Lots of photos, lots of depravity.

http://www.bigempire.com/vegas/stevie1.html

Hope you like it,
    Fred C. Dobbs

2. CaptainJack

CaptainJack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Big Empire trip reports are the standard by which all other trip reports should be judged. They are few and far between now...but they are Internet legend.

3. raisingoo

raisingoo Medium-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks again

I've loved your TRs for years. I remember the hours I've spent reading them when they were posted off cheapolasvegas.com and those hours were well-spent. No, not idle time... well-spent!

Hate to be a Debbie-Downer, but I hope you don't get in trouble with the rights issue on using Beatles songs in your video.

The paragaph in Part 2 that said

"Jesus was there, watching over our shoulders with Bob Stupak by his side telling him dirty jokes. They smiled upon us. They laughed at the dirty jokes. They smoked giant, novelty cigars. Another point. We maxed our odds, we hopped the five-three and the four-deuce. Burt propped the hard ways. Another point and we screamed so loud a blackjack dealer at an adjacent table put her finger to her lips."

almost made me spit out my drink all over my computer monitor.

Keep up the good work.

4. Fred C. Dobbs

Fred C. Dobbs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the compliments. We're hoping we can make up for lack of frequency with the length of the reports.

As for the Beatles coming after us, they'll probably go after the other million Youtube videos using their songs before they get to us.

Fred C. Dobbs

5. veck101

veck101 Tourist

Yes, always look forward to your trip reports. Any plans for a Solar System Series of Poker in the future?

6. techie223

techie223 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was such a great read! Thanks :wave:

7. Fred C. Dobbs

Fred C. Dobbs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, and probably no more Solar System Series of Poker since we funded those with CheapoVegas money. The Cocktail Soirees were fun, but they got bigger every year until they became too much for us to handle.

I believe there are some people who have picked up the mantle, though, and host a Pan-Galactic Poker Series in the same spirit. By definition, pan-galactic must be bigger and even more spectacular than a mere solar system series. If you google it, you can probably find out more about entering.

Fred C. Dobbs

8. veck101

veck101 Tourist

Wow, that's kind of a bummer that the SSSOP is no more, but totally understandable. Now I'm kinda sad i recently tossed out the t-shirts from the two years i went. The soiree and shrimp eating contest were fantastic. You guys did/do a great job and I love the irreverent sense of humor that permeates everything. My friend actually won the tournament one year. I think it was '04. I haven't been to the cheapo site for a while. So you guys sold the site?

Checked out Pan Galactic Series. Hilarious.

9. Fred C. Dobbs

Fred C. Dobbs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember. I think there were three of you? Greg, Nick and a third? Or maybe just Greg and Nick. You guys were good sports and got our jokes, which is something we always appreciate. I was bummed when Nick didn't come back to defend his title. I hope he still has his bracelet and it hasn't permanently turned his wrist green.

Fred C. Dobbs

10. zerofan

zerofan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not read it yet but as soon as I clicked the link and saw the faces I knew it was the cheapovegas guys!!!

Awesome, can't wait to read this thing but work is getting in the way.

11. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow. great report and pretty much sums up why i'm petrified that my fiance is having a vegas bachelor party :faint:

12. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    good thing I had all day to read this, and I am really enjoying it!

The last time I heard the term "Pink Squirrel" was circa 1991 at a Red Lobster when an old lady with a gravely smoker voice had to repeat the words a dozen times while the bartender looked it up in the book. An ice cream drink of some sort if I remember correctly.

Man that really cracked me up, along with the rest of the report. Great work, Epic, Classic. Looks like it took a LOT of effort. Thanks for posting!

13. aliasyoshi

aliasyoshi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mr. Dobbs:

I have always wanted to ask about the drinks you guys order. You say you just order by color? Is this true? How do the waitresses take it? :thumbsup:

14. Fred C. Dobbs

Fred C. Dobbs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    By color, by emotion. The rule is generally to order any way but specifically. Something red, something sad, something that reminds you of your childhood... It started with a dare one trip. I promised Phil I would pay for all his drinks if he only ordered by color.

You know after the first round whether the waitress will play along. Usually they are good sports, especially at the Gold Spike. They go out of their way for us there. We've had great luck at the Joker's Wild, too, because we tip more than most of their patrons. Although, the bartender was pretty annoyed once when we managed to get an entire craps table to order strawberry daquiris.

Anyway, we just say, "bring me something blue, or bring me the manliest drink you have." I once asked for the most disgusting drink that had been ordered that day and got brandy and milk. Another time I asked for the "most transgendered drink" they had and got what a transvestite had ordered an hour earlier.

It's our way of experiencing a little culture.

Fred C. Dobbs

15. aliasyoshi

aliasyoshi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome. :beer:

16. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    definitely need to try this on my next trip! :thumbsup:

17. CaptainJack

CaptainJack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This thread is taking me back to all my Vegas jonesing in 1999...decided to go back and read some of the old TR's...they still make me laugh.

18. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't recall reading books as long as that report. :wink2:
    Sounds like you had a great time.....from what you remember. :beer:

19. veck101

veck101 Tourist

Yes! That was us, Nick and Greg! Wow, you remember us.

Go Anteaters!

20. veovis23

veovis23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That

Was

Simply

Amazing

and filler for the word minimum...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.