1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone use those compression socks for long flights?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by LV_Bound, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had a slight injury and sitting for just an hour or two and my foot, ankle swell.
    The flight to Vegas is 5 hours and can't image what my foot will look like then.
    Thinking about trying those compression socks but they aren't cheap.

Anyone actually use them on flights and if so where they worthwhile?

2. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't comment on the compression socks. But, it does sound like you're thinking ahead and it's probably a good idea for you. What I can say is the diabetic socks are worth it. The seams don't rub or chafe, they don't bunch up. Hang them or lay them out to dry, they last longer if you avoid the dryer with them.

3. ck2124

ck2124 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My daughter who is pregnant is going on a Disney vacation in June (she is due in August). She had problems with her feet and legs swelling last time she was pregnant so her husband (a pharmacist) has told her that she must use compression socks on their trip. She will not be flying but it sounds like they would be a good idea for you.

4. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They make compression socks in various strengths 10-20, 20-30, 30-40. I would think the 10-20 it should be enough compression.
    I have worn the 30-40 for many years due to poor circulation. They are very difficult to get on and off.
    The 10-20 shouldn't be too expensive. Just make sure that you get the right size measure yourself or have the pharmacy measure you.
    I am an independent retail pharmacist who has a slight gambling problem............

5. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I absolutely use compression socks for any flight over 2-3 hours. Though after a trip to China last year, I will say, keeping them on for 24 + hours is not ideal. I don't have any medical conditions; I bought standard black knee high socks from the Footsmart catalog. My best friend travels a bunch for business - she has compression tights too, look better with a suit on women, though I typically travel in pants....

Gave my husband & in-laws a couple years ago too. Lots of different styles available these days....

6. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went ahead and ordered 2 styles.
    One is the standard and the other a recovery style. Will try both and see which I prefer. May end up keeping both.

7. mckevin32

mckevin32 Low-Roller

I wear 'em every day, due to a combination of poor circulation and swelling. Do NOT buy the "over the calf" socks you see in discount stores and most pharmacies. They barely stretch to over your calf, then gradually bunch up into very effective tourniquets. You should really be measured for size and get the below the knee type. For a very long flight I would even consider the over the thighs.

8. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

I bought them recently for a trip to Italy, they were a big help but I still swelled. Though, swelling was greatly reduced. I like them so much its been tough to wear my ordinary socks since I've been home.

9. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Picked up a pair and have used them during activities that usually result in some swelling and they are working great. Can't wait to use them on the flight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.