1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Restaurant that accepts reservations

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Wanger1969, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all,

We are still working on the planning for my daughters 21st birthday trip. There are now 14 of us going June 1st thru June 4th.

We want to do one family dinner all together Saturday evening, which means we probably need somewhere that accepts reservations for 14.

We don't want anything that is crazy Vegas pricey. $30 or less per person (not including beverages) is preferred if at all possible. It doesn't have to be on the Strip, we are willing to go whenever can accommodate us. (we have a large van rented that day as we are going to the Hoover Dam that morning) Even a Buffet would be ok, but I doubt they accept ressies.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I don't even know where to start.

Thanks!

2. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You won't have a problem having a place that takes ressies. Even the most humble cafe's take reservations and even have private rooms and the buffets are equipped to do large groups. The sticky point will be if they will want to have a special menu for a group that size or have a minimum tab. The real question is what do you think you guys will want to eat and is there a part of town you would prefer to be?

3. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try going to OpenTable for Las Vegas, The Strip & Nearby. Put in the date and time with 14 guest. It will tell you who is in your price range.

I usually research reviews on open table, on here and since I like pictures, Yelps. Sometimes I agree with the reviews and sometimes they have been so far off. But its better than going in blindly.

My first thought for your price range was Tommy Bahama. You would have to call to see if they take reservation for 14 if you can't make them through open table. http://www.tommybahama.com/TBG/Stores_Restaurants/Las_Vegas.jsp

4. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dinner for 14

I guess we are pretty open. I'd like to keep it around $30/person just to keep it budget friendly for all joining us. Thinking about this, what buffet on the Strip for a Saturday Evening supper would be $30 ish? They indeed would let me call and set aside a place for us? I would prefer to not stand in a long line and wait.

If not a buffet, I guess if we can stay on or closer to the strip, that would be great. We are staying at IP, but that buffet is out of the question in my opinion. I'm not against a sit down place that wants to limit the menu. (we have an easy to please family)

Keeping this in mind, any specific suggestions?

Thanks!
    Kay

5. martay

martay Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a similar problem a couple of years ago. We ended up having a very good meal at Samba, the Brazilian steakhouse at The Mirage. I made the reservations fairly well in advance (six weeks I would guess). The staff was very helpful and the meal went off without a hitch.

The Brazilian Steakhouse atmosphere is fun for a group, in that they bring around huge skewers of meat and everyone just kind of takes what they want. I really enjoyed the food. The bill is $39.95 for all you can eat, and does represent a good value, in my opinion.

I'm sure lots of restaurants in Las Vegas would be very happy to host your group. You might be asked to eat a little early or a little late.

Another restaurant that I've taken big groups to for an affordable budget is Grand Lux at Venetian. Grand Lux is basically a glorified Cheesecake Factory, so they are used to serving big groups. Maybe not as upscale as you are looking for, but enjoyable.

Hash House a Go Go would be an easy option right at the Imperial Palace. That would easily meet your budget requirements. It would make for a very fun family brunch, especially.

6. volfaninbama

volfaninbama High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are some great places in Vegas on Restaurant.com where you can get
    $100 dollar gift certificate when you spend 200 might be able to expand your budget some.

First Food and Bar at Palazzo
    Creole/Cajun/Southern
    BB King's Restaurant & Blues Club at Mirage
    Tacos and Tequila at Luxor
    Ferraro's near Hard Rock

You can find discount online the last code I have is EARTH

7. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a bit off strip, Marrakech takes groups your size, fixed meal, $40, but coupons out there, Restaurant been there since 1979. http://www.marrakechvegas.com/

8. ChickenBone Jones

ChickenBone Jones Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I were looking for almost the exact same thing for our wedding trip. Goup of 20, ability to order off the regular menu, close to or on the strip, and a budget of under $50 per person. We found what we needed at McCormick and Schmicks. Everyone was very pleased with the food and service, we did not come close to spending $50 per person inclucing tax, tip, and drinks, and I would highly recomend this place for your needs.

9. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How about Grand Luxe??

10. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Harrah's lists info on group dining on their page for Flavors buffet. It looks like it's $22/pp for TR members and $2 more for non-members. IP has a steakhouse. Looking at the menu, it looks like it could work, too.

11. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Under 30$ for a young adult b day why not go to the hard rock café on the strip?

12. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alternatively, why go? In my opinion, the food is unimaginative and fairly overpriced for what you get, and the atmosphere isn't all that exciting either. And I don't even think they accept reservations. So......What about the place would you recommend in specific response to this question? That it seems "young"?

13. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We can do the Hard Rock in so many places. I'd prefer to go somewhere that isn't something we can do around here.

Keeping in mind my family, I think I'm going to check into Harrah's buffet. It's convenient, its a good price, and everyone will be happy. (we have Vegans and diabetics in the mix) I ate there my last Vegas trip and found the buffet quite nice!

Thanks everyone for the ideas, much appreciated!

Kay

14. Las Vegas Asia

Las Vegas Asia MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM Craftsteak

Call 8911111 and ask for reservations

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.