1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn/Bellagio comp dilemma

Discussion in 'Comps' started by winwin, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winwin

winwin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Current offers:
    Wynn
    $500 Freeplay
    3 nights in a Panoramic King room
    $600 food and bev total

Bellagio
    3 nights in a suite (salone suite)
    $350 Freeplay
    $300 food and bev total

This is my dilemma:
    I know that the Wynn offer is better upfront. But at MGM properties you can receive express comps which can be used towards the spa. The Wynn will not comp me spa.

Also, I emailed my host at Wynn and told him I had an offer elsewhere. He replied with, "Let me know if you have any preferences or request, that will help change your mind to stay here."

Here is what I would like to ask for: a suite in a the tower suite section (a king suite is fine, entry level), and a ride to/from the airport in addition to the current offer.

Do you think it it would be asking for too much? Thanks. What would you do? Thank you.

2. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    U are not really asking for that much more. U will get the same room type just at a different location and check in. Besides airport transfer u will get faster check in and pool access to tower suits 2nd level.

3. CaptainJack

CaptainJack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep in mind the Bellagio may invoke the "when available" clause on the suite offer. Pretty much if your stay is over a weekend, there's a good chance you won't get the suite.

Meanwhile, getting upgraded to a Tower Suite King Room and getting limo transfers is going to be no problem at Wynn. Furthermore, if you're giving them decent play anything above $600 in F+B charges will be comped off anyway. I'd press them for more freeplay. $750 shouldn't be an issue...maybe even ask for $1000. You can then use that to pay for the spa, because you are correct, spa charges will not be comped at Wynn.

4. winwin

winwin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for your quick responses. My stay is Sun-Wed. I opted out of the suite at the Bellagio because they are not remodeled and I'm traveling solo on this trip. But I am curious about the tower suites at Wynn.

Captain Jack: How do I ask for more freeplay? Just come right out and ask? How do you use your freeplayto pay for spa at Wynn?

5. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My expectation on the FP to spa is just by the potential for converting it to cash. All in the luck of the spins.

Also, if you feel like you would on an average, exceed $300 f/b total, then anything over that (and up to $600) that you would normally spend but aren't is basically cash in pocket to the spa. (For me $300 is way more than I would spend anyway).

6. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ill take one off your hands :D j/k

Id do the WYnn

7. winwin

winwin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would not exceed the $600 total food and bev....Ill be solo and don't plan on eating for 2...maybe Ill exceed it in drinks?!

8. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't I know you :)

9. tinytim

tinytim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Easy solution...extend your trip to 6 nights! I wish I had your problem!:evillaugh
    Tim
    T-26

10. winwin

winwin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    jgates8: never mind, you are obviously talking about the B.

11. winwin

winwin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Josiecat: Yes, you do! :)

12. winwin

winwin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish I could extend to 6 nights, but I don't have the bankroll!!

13. xray

xray Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might as well ask - the worst they can say is No. I don't think the limo pickup will be a big deal - usually get that for RFB. The upgrade to Tower Suite may be a bit of an issue as you usually have to be rated higher to get into the TS area. That being said, I have been upgraded to Parlour Suite from my usual Tower suite at times so you never know.

14. ATXTX

ATXTX VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just an FYI - The expectation for play for a TS, with $200 day F/B, limo, and 1K FP is around 1k a hand for 4 hours a day while you're there.

When we Were Young
  15. winwin

winwin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the responses . I play slots and lots of them. No table games.

16. CaptainJack

CaptainJack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What I meant by using your freeplay to pay for your spa treatments...play the freeplay through once and cash out, use that money to pay for the spa.

As for asking for more freeplay, your host asked you what more you'd want...I don't think he's expecting a formal written proposal, just ask.

17. winwin

winwin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well put captainjack. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.