1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Update: My father

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by IWannaBeInVegas, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I posted about my father being diagnosed with cancer a month or so ago and i know some have asked to be kept updated, well, he lost the battle this morning, he died peacfully in his bed at home. It was unexpected, the doctor had told him this was a highly treatable form with the options they had, he only had one treatment and just Satruday when I seen him last he said he was feeling great and we even sat down and had dinner together. I did not see him Sunday, I called and he had been asleep. Our last words to eachother was "see you tomorrow", tomorrow never came.

2. nitc

nitc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear of your loss. It takes too many, too soon.

3. shawn s

shawn s Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm so sorry. I know how painful it was for me to lose my dad. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him. People can say a million things, but the feelings you have don't seem to change. I do wish you peace and comfort with my deepest sympathy.

4. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. (I lost my father at the end of March)

5. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm so sorry. I've had my share of losses as well, and feel for you. The pain never goes away, but the time will come when you spend more time thinking about him with a smile than with tears.

Right now the hole in your heart is the size of Montana, hang in there. You can still talk to him, you just don't need to use the phone.

diane

6. Jake&Avery

Jake&Avery Planning my next vacation!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im so sorry about losing your father...

I lost both of my parents last year.

I still expect to see them in certain places or want to call them up and fill them in with whats going on in my life...

I know everyone says that you'll learn to accept that they're gone, and the hole in your heart and life will fill back up eventually, and it will to an extent, but its still hard..

7. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sorry to hear the news. :(

8. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very sorry to hear about your father.

9. back to vegas

back to vegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So sorry for your loss.

10. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very sad, my heart goes out to you.

11. pikabu

pikabu Low roller, but always enjoy the ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IWannaBeInVegas:

Sorry for the loss of your dad. Allow yourself to go through the grieving process at your own pace.

I lost my dad almost 20 years ago; I do still 'talk' to him sometimes. And I always remember the good times.

Take care of yourself.

12. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So sorry about your dad.

13. luvnvegas2

luvnvegas2 Guest

Sympathies to you and your family.

14. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

I very sorry.
    When I see a beautiful sunrise or sunset
    I say "hello mom !' cos she always noticed
    them.
    She died 3 yrs ago.

15. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So sorry.

Twenty years later I still drive thru cemetery before I leave on vacation just in case dad wants to 'hop" in the car!

Easter again..:
  16. zerofan

zerofan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am very sorry for your loss.

Do something that he would have liked, in his memory.

17. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The loss of a parent is a pain like no other. I am so very sorry. I know you didn't want him to have an agonizing battle. Although his early exit was a sad surprise, I hope it was a small comfort that he didn't suffer. So sorry.

18. rosec73

rosec73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry for the loss of your father. My deepest Condolences to you and your family.

19. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all for the words. Im trying to get everything done, running on less than two hours sleep. Iv managed to set the funeral arrainged and the estate process started. Its a lot of weight to bare but I am managing. We saw my mom die of cancer in 1988 and she suffered 4 or 5 years before dying and it was rough. What I have gathered is that he slept nearly the whole day, about 4pm he woke up on the couch and told his girlfriend that it was time to go to bed, she told him it was 4 and he went back to sleep. Around 7 he told her he was ready to go up to bed, he was unsteady and lithargic and he layed down to bed. She said he was snoring and moving around as he always did all night and then eventually stopped, she poked him a few times and yell for him and no response and when she touched him he was cold, they called me and 911 and thats where we are at.

Its killing me. Just Saturday he was fine, he cooked a good meal, invited us over and he ate more than he had in quite some time. When we left nothing seemed amiss, told each other we would talk to each other tomorrow (yesterday) but he slept and I just blew it off as him catching up on sleep since he lost sleep, I never thought anything bad would happen that quick. The doctor gave him a 99% prognosis that treatments would work but he only made it to one. He has had quite a bit of medical issues, diabetic and had a quad bypass in 1994 but he was on the up and up. He was active for the most part until his last day, reired and worked still. Funny, he sold school bus parts, they were his life and the funeral director got the local school district to donate a school bus to have at the Funeral home for a rememberence. Again Thanks for the words all.

What really hurt was at the funeral home they told us we had to come up with what I thought was $800 so things could get started and then when the court approves the probate we could use his savings to pay the balance, When I got there they said that I needed another 650 on top of that for the grave yard, I nearly lost it, I only had 1400 and it was every bit of moeny I had. They ended up letting me pay 1000 to instead. I pisses me off they tell you they are there for you in a time of need, but only when they know there is money coming in.

20. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.