1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New CET Pool Rule, anyone tried it?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by user3657, Apr 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know there is that other thread, but my trip is 10 days away and as I was checking out CET sites I landed at Paris...which they said their pool is opened to hotel guests only. Does not even list a price. I use to love this pool :(

I know before you could go to any CET pool even though they never listed it on their sites...

Im just wondering if anyone can confirm as of recent if you tried to enter another CET pool. Are they now checking? Will an old key work??

2. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what new rule. From what I know you can only go to most hotel pools if you're staying there.

Kinda weird if they allowed the public. It would suck as a paying customer that is staying at a hotel to see general public to just get in for free and use the same pool facility you paid for.

3. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think i read something about this earlier this month. Its a new policy among CET properties that u have to be staying at the hotel if u want to use their pool, if u want to use another CET pool u will have to pay for it.
    But as mentioned, stay at the hotel if u like to use there pool.

4. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So would that mean people staying at Bill's would get "no pool"?

Seems fair to me. You pay less, you get less.

5. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bills customers have had access to the Flamingo pool. I don't know that this has stopped. What it does mean is that you can't stay at IP and skip over to Caesars to use their pool for free.

6. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's only right.

7. brownies95

brownies95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree as well.

It's hard enough trying to find two loungers with only hotel guests there. Makes it damn near impossible when they start letting everyone else in.:grrr::grrr:

IMO

Tim:peace:

8. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe I'm misreading but it seems to me that the Rio site's inference of "open admission" is to their guests, meaning no charges to them. Otherwise why would they request a 48 hour cancellation period?

But the Caesars site does appear they allow anyone (non guests) providing they pay.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2012
  10. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe it was last year that CET had a policy that if you stayed at one CET property you could use the pool at any other CET property. This was widely publicized all over the internet at the time. I know it upset a lot of people, so they may have rescinded the policy, but it was in effect for their Vegas hotels.

11. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was in LV Easter Weekend, stayed at Ballys, tried to enter Flamingo pool, they wanted $15. New policy was enacted in Feb 2012 that a CET room key no longer gains you entry to any pool, it is now up to individual hotel.

There was a lengthy thread discussing this a couple weeks ago on here, lots of people not real happy about it.

12. slimmy28

slimmy28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The pool is important to me when I book a room during pool season. Thus, I appreciate the fact when it is kept to hotel guests only. I don't want to have to compete with the general public for space and/or service.

13. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is definantly a very valid point, I agree. I value the pool during the peak summer time, so paying extra for the hotel that has a premier pool is to be expected, dont need someone from the sleep cheap taking my lounger! ha!

14. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes. So I am wondering if anyone has tried this very recently? I posted this as a question, not a debate :):poke::poke:

15. sin

sin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, it seems Easter weekend (2 weeks ago) is the most recent info.:poke

16. Jimm7y

Jimm7y Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would have to agree, how much do you need then this..

17. basicearth

basicearth Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. Were staying at Caesars 7/5 - 7/9 and I was really looking forward to their pool "experience". I try to imagine myself in a lounger with a fu-fu drink with an umbrella in it!

The fact that Caesars obviously lets the general public in for free (if your a woman) and $20 if your a man is not what I expected from Caesars. The place is going to be a mad house.

My fu-fu drink vision is fading away!!!!

18. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Caesars does not let the general public in. They may let other CET guests in with a room key, I am not sure, I would check their website. I am sure you will not see the general public though.

19. basicearth

basicearth Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is from Caesars website;

Thursday – Sunday there is a $20 entry fee for men to the Garden of the Gods Pool Oasis. There is no fee for women, any Caesars Palace hotel guest, or Seven Stars guest.

20. Jimm7y

Jimm7y Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think anyone who gets a cabana, gets in, room or not.. I could be wrong, but I know at he hard rock you do not have to be a guest to get one ...

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.