1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Do you have a Smart Phone?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Sonya, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had my droid x for about a month now - love it, though I know I'm totally underutilizing its capabilities. The phone was cheap (rebates:peace:) it's the data plan where the $$ adds up. But for me it's worth it since I use it for work stuff. I didn't opt for a 4G phone as I live in an area without 4G coverage. Like - my entire state:rolleyes2: And (other than maybe a couple metro areas - where I never go - we're unlikely to get it anytime soon) So the upsell wasn't worth it for me. Heck - I can't even get high speed internet at home:confused2:

I love the Google Sky app! One nice thing about living in the boonies is that I have very little light polution!

I still haven't found a good way to see this board on my phone - whenever I type in mobile.vegasmessageboard.com (what I used on my old phone) it jumps to the regular version of the board and the print is tiny & enlarging messes up the formatting so I cannot easily read:cry:

2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you tried the Tapatalk app? It's a couple bucks, but it works well for the board.

Try this URL and see if it stays in the mobile mode for you - https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/?styleid=6

You can also change your style by going to the lower left corner of the board. There's a dropdown box there that says "Default" "New" or "Mobile". I prefer New, but see if the "Mobile" will stick for you. Let me know what happens.

3. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, it has mobile picked on the phone version. Will see if I can try that direct link. Might have to use the external option (tapatalk). I'm so cheap though:evillaugh

4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hear you might have some influence over the boss. You could poke her to hurry up and get the upgrades done and a new mobile skin. :wink2:

5. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The good news is that I don't spend much time playing on my phone - I'm at a computer all day & evening long. I'll probably survive if the boss takes her time and works on her priority list in whatever order makes her happy:peace:

6. lionelhutz

lionelhutz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm on my 3rd IPhone.

I don't know what I'd do without it!!

7. SteveinMI

SteveinMI Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Put it off for 2 years

Finally ugraded to a Smart Phone (G2X by Google) about 3 weeks ago....How did I survive without this????

8. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the club, Steve. :)

9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does this count as a smart phone? I just bought a Samsung flip-phone. It allows me to access the Internets, text, and also send and receive email. Now I won't use any of those, but it does let me make a phone call and I might make 4 of those a month. $10 for the phone and $6 more for a car charger. I'm good for another 7 years.:thumbsup:

10. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Luddites Unite!!! lol

It's like everything else, if you have to be told in no uncertain terms why you need (or don't need) something, there's a pretty good certainty you truly don't (or do) need that something.

My first smartphone is nearing death. I'm debating between switching carriers but will remain with an iPhone. It is an amazing tool. And adios every again having a landline.

11. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't need to destroy it, just don't have a use for it.
    As far as land line. technically no, but I have the bundle from the cable company which includes the phone...as long as there is power and cable service, it works great and all US calls are free.
    It wasn't that many years ago when you could still hear me utter "get off the phone, it's long distance!".

12. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nicely played, sir. Gotta acknowledge when someone gets the references!

As I said, only one it matters to is each of us individually. I would be lost -- or rather MIGHTILY MIGHTILY inconvenienced -- if I had to abandon the iPhone (or something else like it). GPS, nav and maps, great apps for finding stuff, music, camera, video, internet ... and I even use the phone. lol

13. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For whatever reason I remembered that one, but I must admit that I sometimes have to Google some of your references. :beer:
    It keeps the game interesting!

14. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    replacement droid

My original droid is dying a slow death. It's upgrade time and I'm looking at a moto droid 3, htc incredible 2, or samsung charge ($100 more). Any advice? I'm not interested in an iphone.

15. RaySivley

RaySivley Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    tapatalk

Just got it on my Blackberry Bold 9650. I adore this phone. I actually still like my Pearl flip, just need more app memory. I like Blackberry, and do not like my wife's and Daughter's Iphone. Iphone is made for kids and people who want to play with there phone. Blackberry is made for adults who are trying to get things done..IMO

16. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Getting ready to kick ATT to the curb in favor of Verizon, and the timing is bueno because my old 3Gs is about on its last legs. Thinking I'll grab an iPhone4 when the 5 debuts and prices drop.

17. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ken, I dropped ATT for Verizon and out is the best thing I ever did for reception, service, and customer service. Of you ever need to call ATT for help, they have a horrible and rude customer service dept

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

18. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On DSL with Verizon now and it is far faster and more stable then SBC/ATT was at the other place. Just waiting for the dust to settle with the new iPhone and I'm so there!

19. LadyRose

LadyRose High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny I just dropped Verizon (old Alltel) for ATT. Much better signal. No dropped calls. Can actually send and receive texts. Upgraded to a smart phone :nworthy:

How did I live without it???

20. Kari

Kari Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm trying to figure out how to upload
    Photos from my iPhone to post on here, am a bit
    technically challenged ( lame) can anyone advise?
    I'm perplexed in the Puget Sound!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.