1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

May 16-18 Post Graduation Trip

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by kalbi, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kalbi

kalbi Tourist

My Trip Report

This is my very first trip report--hopefully this won't be too boring!!

5 of us girls just graduated from law school hell and decided that we MUST celebrate and give ourselves a little treat! (left our boyfriends at home, yeah! ;)

Monday, May 16
    We drove from OC on Monday, left at 10:30 in the morning and got there a little before 2. It was a great and easy drive. We checked in at the Mirage, dropped off our bags, and went straight to the blackjack tables next to the poker room. After about an hour, I was down $10 and we decided to go shopping at Caesars. Grabbed a quick bite a the Caribe Cafe and the girls and I headed to Harrah's to see if our luck would change.

We decided to give Pai Gow Poker for the first time and had a blast. The dealers there are so nice and patient. Boy, $100 sure can last a VERY LONG TIME playing Pai Gow Poker! We were there for at least 4-5 hours and I was down $40. We also discovered the drink "Incredible Hulk" and realized that downing one got us pretty tipsy.

Tuesday, May 17
    We decided to check out the highly anticipated Wynn--we couldn't have asked for better weather! Took some great pics and went into the Esplanade and wanted to buy up everything in those stores. The hotel is beautiful but didn't feel as though it is any different from the Bellagio. We ate the cafe in front of the sports book and the food was okay. The highlight at Wynn was the Ferrari dealership--and there was a line to get in!

We went back to Harrah's to play some more blackjack and had a really really nice run. We were so tipsy off the Incredible Hulk that we were clapping and screaming anytime the dealer busted or when someone got a blackjack. At the end, I was up about $200 and got a $100 tip from the businessman sitting next to me! [​IMG]

We ended up using the $100 for our buffet at Mandalay Bay. We've only always eaten at buffet at the Bellagio but we wanted hot crab legs. Somebody told us that MB had hot crab legs so we decided to give it a try. There was no line despite the country music awards being held there that night and were very impressed by the food! I would definitely go back there. The selection is not as diverse as the Bellagio buffet, but the food is great and the service was fast.

We headed back to the Mirage and got ready to go to Pure. The security guys at the Venetian gave us free passes to Pure and Vivid but Vivid was closed that night. We didn't have to wait in line and they didn't even take our passes, which was strange. Anyhow, we all had about 5 shots of tequila and that was pretty much all that we could remember after that! My friend tried to pick up on this hot guy but then the girl next to her whispered in my ear that she had just had sex with him in the bathroom! I couldn't believe my ears. Only in vegas. Then, while waiting for my friend to get a drink, a couple I was talking to asked me if I wanted to join them in the bathroom for a 3-some! YIKES! I freaked out! Anyhow, it was a great crowd. I really liked the balcony area. We met a lot of locals there and they were so nice and bought us drinks!

The pussy cat dolls were performing that night and they are HOT! I asked if I could take pictures with them and the girls were so nice and sweet. Pure was a good time and definitely quite memorable.

Wed, May 18
    Check out time! I was so sad to leave Vegas and wanted to stay longer. [​IMG]

Thanks for reading! =)

[ May 18, 2005, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: kalbi ]

2. kristin

kristin Guest

Great report! Thanks for sharing.

[​IMG] Kristin

3. Jacko

Jacko Tourist

5 girls just graduating from Law School in OC?

If you get a chance...go watch Brian Panish do his closing arguments in LA.

4. CamelClutch

CamelClutch Low-Roller

Nice report. Sounds like you had a great time!

What's in the "Incredible Hulk" drink? We had our own version of it in high school, but I'm sure it's not the same--blue Maui schnapps and Mountain Dew! Just thinking about it makes my teeth hurt.

And let me be the first to request posting the pics of you and the Pussycat Dolls...

[​IMG]

5. Mia4071

Mia4071 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for your TR!!

Camel - Incredible Hulk is a mixed drink with Hpnotiq & Hennessy. They are good but they will get you soooo wasted. We like to drink them as shots. The Hennessay is brown and when you pour in the Hpnotiq ( another one of my fav drinks) the whole thing turns green. Its cool.

Incredible Hulk
    - 2 oz Hpnotiq
    - 2 oz Hennessy Cognac

[ May 19, 2005, 05:28 AM: Message edited by: landa4071 ]

6. CamelClutch

CamelClutch Low-Roller

Thanks, Landa.

My next question would have been "What the heck is Hpnotiq?", but I can find that out on my own. Never heard of it!

7. Mia4071

Mia4071 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wooooohooooo 1000 post!!! [​IMG]

Hpnotiq reminds me of Alize kinda .. It's good by itself or mixed in a drink. On the rocks, as a shot or mixed with other things.

Here is the Hpnotiq site.

8. RamBill

RamBill Tourist

100 tip??? Don't you know the going rate is 250 - 300/hr and ALWAYS bill for 4 hours minimum!

OY!! Just what the world needs, more female lawyers! :rolleyes: [​IMG] Having been married to one for 10 years I can tell your boyfriends (current or future) to forget trying to win any argument again ever!! [​IMG]

BTW, Nice to see you ladies had fun. Incredible Hulk, another drink to try during MM3....

9. LV Terry

LV Terry Captain Flop'N Fold

uhmm... yeeahhh.... I don't think the being a lawyer part has anything to do with the never winning an argument part... [​IMG]

10. RamBill

RamBill Tourist

LMAO, Terry! At least with non lawyers we THINK we have a chance of winning one! Nothing like getting into an argument with someone who hits you with the "Do you still beat your wife, answer yes or no" style of logic! [​IMG] Man, I never saw words that came out of my mouth get so twisted around so quickly before!!

11. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on your graduation!! Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed it. My girlfriend and I were also approached by a group of swingers, we were so drunk we thought it was the funniest thing! Great Report [​IMG]

~Andrea

12. RamBill

RamBill Tourist

So, didja join them?

13. Typhinie

Typhinie Tourist

Sounds like a great trip! I could really relate to your story about all the wild people at Pure. I love those "Only in Vegas" moments!

And I too LOVE Hypnotiq. I actually brought a bottle of it with me on my last trip. So yummy!

14. Vegas Tonya

Vegas Tonya Margarita Connoisseur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report. Thanks for sharing.

15. kalbi

kalbi Tourist

thanks everyone for reading my TR!! =) Although the proposition of the 3-some sounded tempting, my bf would kill me if i did!

i will try to post pics once i figure out to post them on here. thanks again everyone! i LOVE this board.

16. RamBill

RamBill Tourist

Only if he weren't part of it, couldn't watch or see the video! [​IMG] LMAO

[ May 20, 2005, 06:03 AM: Message edited by: RamBill ]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.