1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Winning trip.

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by gcadays99, Apr 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gcadays99

gcadays99 Tourist

My Trip Report

Well hadn't had a true "family" vacation since I left for college bout 8 years ago. So made the decision I would invite my parents and sister along this time. I had CET room comps and decided on Planet Hollywood. We flew out on Allegiant on Sunday.

The first day wasn't anything to exciting. We got settled in the room in early afternoon and went over to eat at Toby Keith's. I love the fried bologna sandwhich so always have to make it there once. We were going to walk around the Harrahs/Flamingo area for awhile but my mom was tired so we went back to our hotel and just gambled for awhile till bed.

The next day we got up pretty early as we were still on central time. My sister and I went downstairs to play the machines a bit while my parents got ready. This is when I started playing my "go to" machine for the trip Megabucks. Played it for just a short while then hit 5 progressive wheels to hit the slightly over 500 buck payout. Gave my sis 100 and around that time my parents were ready so we went and walked around the Miracle mile for awhile. Had a 2 for 1 V theater coupon so got tickets for my mom and dad for the Variety Show for that evening. Then we gambled a bit more before having an early dinner at The Spice Market Buffet. Those places are getting pretty steep. Had a 10% off coupon and still was 80 dollars for 3 of us. The rest of the night was pretty uneventful. My parents went to the show and my sis and I played slots. Kept slowly losing so after the show was over we all went up to the room and went to sleep.

The next morning started off the same way, my sis and I went down to the slots as my paretns got ready. She chose to play some slots that I wasn't doing too well on so turned around and saw a top dollar $1 machine so figured I'd play it. After a few spins I got the bonus round. My first offer was like 20 bucks so I declined it then the next one hit the 1000 dollar offer which up to this point was my biggest slot win. So cashed out gave my sister a bit of the winnings and moved on. Every time we saw a Mega Bucks or a U-spin machine we would stop since those seemed to pay out at least a little bit every time.

By this time my dad had came down and was at the tables so we went to find him and saw Holly Maddison doing an interview for Extra right by the tables. So watched that for awhile. She is alot smaller than I thought she would have been. My sister needed to get a souvenier at Dicks so we then walked down to excalibur but it wasn't going to be open till 1 pm. So my mom took a cab down with my dad and met us there but she was hungry so we went over to NYNY and ate at Gonzales Gonzales. It had some great chips and salsa and the food was pretty decent. Your basic mexican meal. My parents took a cab back and my sis and I went to the Pub at Monte Carlo for 2 for 1 beers then headed back to the hotel.

This was the warmest day we were up there with lots of sun so decided to relax at the pool for a bit and have a couple more drinks beforre we head to Freemont street that night. The last time my parents had been in Vegas was 91 and they stayed at El cortez so my mom wanted to go there for a bit for nastalgia. On the way back we stopped at Golden Nugget for a hotdog. Then played for awhile. Once agin they were playing something I wasn't liking so I jumped to the machine behind us. Can't remember what it was called just know it had butterflies on it. It was multi denomination and it was set to quarters. So was playing on that for a bit then decided to up it to the max 50 cent denom. After about 5 spins I hit the 3 butterfly 3x things which payed out 4000 credits so 2000 dollars. This was the first time I've had to deal with slot attendants. It took a long time but still tipped them 20 each and gave my parents and sis some money and we headed back to the hotel.

The next day was our last day. Sure as heck wasn't ready to go. I had been having fun playing the Wizard of Oz with the Big Screen OZ bonus round. I hadn't really won or lost on it so sat down. After awhile the person next to me and I started talking about how long its going without a bonus trigger. Shortly after it did the random shuffle and the first 3 hit other characters but it was triggering alot so I upped my bet getting the 20x right when Oz bonus hit. After the first 3 spins hit nothing the third gave me they wild that increases your multiplier and it upped it to 80x after that I hit a few things and my winnings quickly jumped over 700 dollars just for that 1 bonus. So after that I figure I'm having some great luck so went into the high limit slots to play the 5 dollar weel of fortune just to say I did. After 2 max credit spins I got to spin the wheel and hit another 200 dolalr win. After that we had to run over to Ceasers to pick up the Celine tickets I got for my mom and sis. They went to the show and my dad and I played a bit. I had to run to the room real quick then went back down to find him at the tables again. But got side tracked by a wheel spinning quarter machine. Spinned a few times and hit the bonus and got the 1000 credit spin so another 250 dollars. I couldn't believe my luck.

That was the extent of my gambling. Had 0 tier score and rewards points when we came. Ended up with 7500 reward points and a bit over half way to platinum level in thos 3 days. More gambling then I usually do. I figure I treated my mom and sis to Celine so I'd do something for my dad and I. Since I had $75 comp credit we went to Strip House. Didn't spare any expense up there and have to say it was one of the best meals I've ever had. I got a 16 oz NY strip with bleu cheese and some potato romanov and my dad had the lamb with some mushrooms. Definitely worth the money spent. Left a hefty tip and then we just walked down the strip to see the fountain show and the volcano just to kill some time.

Our flight left at 630 am the next day so not much sleep but now that I'm recovered. I definitely can say this will be a family vacation to remember. I came back with 2000 more than what I took and had a blast.

2. denluvslv

denluvslv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a great family trip. You had some really nice wins, too. Thanks for sharing with us.:thumbsup:

3. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoyed your report and congrats on your fabulous wins! I love that you shared your winnings with your sis and parents. Nice job :beer:

4. Steve3ZX

Steve3ZX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report - luckily you were able to give your family some of your wins while retaining your "lucky" $ :clap:

5. gcadays99

gcadays99 Tourist

Thanks!!! Right before we went on the trip I had some chinese food and my fortune cookie said something like your finances will get better as if by magic. Guess I should put more faith into fortune cookies lol

6. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a "winning trip"!!!!
    Congrats!!!

7. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you and your family had a wonderful time and luck was definitely on your side. Congrats on the great wins!!:eek:

8. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great Report! I want to gamble with you Everytime you win, you spread it around!

15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
    15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
  9. Jinx

Jinx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the winning trip, always nice to have a trip like that, they never last long enough when you are winning like that.

10. LaRae

LaRae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats! What luck & what great family memories!

11. Stacks O. Purple

Stacks O. Purple Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report! I think you scored some major karma points by sharing your wins.

12. AB2Vegas

AB2Vegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoyed your report. Happy to hear of a winning trip.

13. DJ Ran

DJ Ran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always a bonus when you bring back more than you took out. How did you like PH? How were the crowds over all? Any feed back on the Celine show? :cheers:

14. gcadays99

gcadays99 Tourist

I really liked PH. Like most stated on here it does have a younger crowd. This is mostly notable in the mornings. PH seems pretty dead before 11 am (since most of them are probably still in bed hungover ha ha) but if you would go over to Paris at those times it was packed so definitely a different feel between the 2 hotels. I really liked the rooms and the bathroom was pretty big so it made it easy for all of us getting ready in the morning. The pool area wasn't anything special but it was ok. The dancers behind the black jack tables at night were very nice!!!

The crowds weren't horrible but it was more bustling than the last time I was there a bit over a year ago. We always ate at weird times so never had to deal with lines too often. But during prime time some of the lines seemed pretty long to get in places.

Didn't go to Celine myself since I couldn't see spending that much money on something I wasn't really excited for. My mom and sis seemed to really enjoy it though. My mom was really excited about a duet Celine did with Stevie Wonder.

15. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a great trip! I hope you believe in karma because the way you always shared your wins with your sis, mom, and dad it's no wonder you kept winning. Sharing your wins made your trip even more enjoyable I bet.

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

16. InTownNow

InTownNow MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recently acquired a fortune cookie like that to! I am hoping for a lottery win! Mine reads: LUCK WILL BE YOURS WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT. PANDA EXPRESS.PANDA INN. I typed it like it was typed. Are you planning your next trip yet?

17. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice trip report, and very nice the way you treated all your family to something.

But I must ask, how did they make the fried bologna sandwich? The reason I ask is because I used to make my own version about 10 years ago. I would have never expected to see something like that at a restaurant. What do they put on theirs?

18. gcadays99

gcadays99 Tourist

It's nothing too special. Think the reason I like it is since it's something you don't see too often. Just a real thick cut of bologna probably about an inch thick maybe with some seasoning. Then just cheese and miracle whip between some texas toast.

19. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very different from how we make them. I must say. :ssst:

20. LA2VegasTrekkers

LA2VegasTrekkers High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doesn't it have sauted onions on it too? We had one last time we were there. It's a heart attack waiting to happen but soooo good. It's really big, so hubby and I split one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.