1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Vegas Life...

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by HurricaneMikey, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Ok, so by now you all know that I’m moving to Vegas permanently at the end of the month. Things are working out well, and the relocation preparations are running smoothly. Once I get to town, I’ll spend two days introducing my Vegas Virgin sister to our favorite city, so there won’t be much gambling or buffoonery. Well, there will be a little bit of buffoonery—but it’ll be a different type of buffoonery altogether—you should see us running around together in a third world country, good times! [​IMG]

Anyhow, the same day that I put her on a plane back to Nashville, I start my dealing classes down at that seedy little joint that Dougie, Jer, and I investigated last year during the Madness. The classes are self-paced and at your own schedule, so I’ll be there every day from open to close. Until the week of March Madness, that is. Then I’ve got to take a couple days off.

Can’t wait to move out of my ghetto house here in Nashville and into my ‘fancy’ digs out there in south Vegas. My new place is just an exit away from GVR and is less than 4 years old. I also have a cool roommate that I found through a matching service. She’s a web designer, and cocktail waitress, with enough of a checkered past to keep me supplied with good stories. And she’s kind of a hottie, too. In fact, she said the reason she picked me is because I was the only guy to express interest in the place that didn’t try to hit on her. :rolleyes:

I should be settled fairly quickly and into my school routine right away. But I’ve only got two weeks before friends start showing up.

LV Dawn arrives on Sunday the 13th, and we have a few activities planned around her work schedule. First and foremost however is dinner at the Center Stage and cheapo craps at the El Cortez! During her lunch breaks that week, we’re going to investigate NY style pizza joints around town, and put a hurtin’ on the snack tray at Harrahs diamond lounge—while partaking of their free booze, of course.

Wednesday night she’ll check me into my broom closet at the Evil Empire for a deeply discounted rate, and I’ll drop off a bag of clothes just like it were any other Vegas trip. Dawn goes back home on Thursday morning; I go to school all day, and then head down to the Main Street Station to kick off the Madness later that afternoon. Eddie B and the boys will roll into town around 7pm that night. Many drinks will be hoisted and many chips will be gambled.

The rest…well you’ll just have to wait…

In the meantime, I’m busying myself with preparations for the move. Today I’m cleaning out my file cabinet and desk, tossing stuff out or packing stuff I want to keep. I’ve got to take the car into the shop next week for some routine maintenance, then get a frame hitch and electrical harness put on for the trailer.

Next weekend we’re having the Last Supper with family and friends, and then I spend a couple of days tying up loose ends. At 5am on the 24th, we hit the road like a couple of Steinbeck’s Okies, heading for that Promised Land just over the horizon.

Just to keep things interesting these next couple of weeks, I got the following email from my new roommate last night:

Hey Mike,
    Did you get the keys yet? I have another question for you. I have a GF that comes into town for a couple months a year to work. (Yes a stripper!) Since we have another room in the house I was wondering if it would bother you to let her stay for a couple months. Of course this would mean a reduction in your rent! woo hoo! Let me know what you think. I didn't think sharing a house with another sexy bitch would bother you, but I wanted to ask you first...

Yep. My life is about to become one long Trip Report. Stay tuned!

Mikey

[ February 08, 2005, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: HurricaneMikey ]

2. yellfore99

yellfore99 Tourist

I'm reading this during my break at work and I simply do not know what to say other than.....
    [​IMG]

3. LV Terry

LV Terry Captain Flop'N Fold

Sooo...your sister lives in Nashville too?

[​IMG]

4. HurricaneMikey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes indeed...but she lives in the 'good part'. No unlicensed pharmacists in her neighborhood. Well, at least none doing business out on the street...

Ok--Just got off the phone with Ed W! He flies in for the Madness on Thursday around noon. So instead of going to my dealing classes that day, I'll be drinking most of the afternoon away downtown!

Woo hoo!

Mikey

5. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just like the rest of us!

6. Billy from TX.

Billy from TX. Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DUDE.....You Gonna Be Livin With a Stripper and A Cocktail Waitress.....and its in Vegas!!!!!

YOU THE MAN MIKEY!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. ncgirl

ncgirl Guest

I see a new TV reality series here....
    Pace yourself
    Pace yourself
    Pace yourself [​IMG]

8. Rhinestone Cowboy

Rhinestone Cowboy Low-Roller

I can see it now... "Two Girls, One guy, and a stripper pole" Tuesday's on Fox.

9. goofygrin

goofygrin Tourist

[​IMG]

I see a movie in the future: "16 Days with HurricaneMikey"

10. dkbk

dkbk High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Nothing left to say here Mikey, you the man!

Just don't want to see you on my tube running down the street naked with the theme from "Cops" blaring from too much of the good life.

[ February 08, 2005, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: dkbk ]

11. LV Terry

LV Terry Captain Flop'N Fold

Bad Boy Bad Boy, whatchagonna do?

Actually, I think I hear the music from the pool scene in "Fast Times"...The Cars, wasn't it?

12. IllMarty

IllMarty Orangutan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Lifes the same, living in stereooo...

13. Vegas Addict

Vegas Addict Guest

Mikey,
    when does the live webcam go up on your website?.. [​IMG]

14. Lodger

Lodger Guest

Mikey,

So, did you buy a place out there or is it some sort of townhouse/condo dealio?

Also, do you have a gig lined up after you pass the classes, or is that a whole 'nother interview process you'll be going through?

15. HurricaneMikey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lodger,

No man, nothing lined up...I'm working without a net, as it were.

I'll be living in an actual house--she owns it, I'm renting from her.

Mikey

16. Thekiller

Thekiller Tourist

Hey Mikey,

Since you are going to be at Harrah's during MM2 can I sublease your rental while you're gone [​IMG]

17. Mia4071

Mia4071 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man I been gone for about 4 days & I come back to read that Mikey is living w/ not one but "TWO HOT BITCHES"

DOUBLE SCORE! Even if the other one is just there for a while ---

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

18. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man, trying to fight back the tears....

19. paulalovesvegas

paulalovesvegas Tourist

Mikey you are the reason GOD made VEGAS

I love to read what you have going on it keeps me going ....THANKYOU

keep up the good work

20. rje

rje High-Roller

Hopefully you'll be lined up someplace for my visits in May and/or July... would love to have a few hands of 21 dealt by you...

in the meantime, Godspeed for a safe journey. be sure to keep us posted of your classes, job hunt, and stripper stories! [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.