1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Do you have a Smart Phone?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Sonya, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyShaye

LadyShaye Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will have to try the app... i have the HTC Evo Shift.... and I am in love <3

2. ATXTX

ATXTX VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I moved from a regular cell to an android platform phone have full access to the interwebs. It's nice to have that access at your fingertips at all times. I like the android platform - I can't tell you if it's better or worse than the iphone - I have been with sprint for so long that I pay a ridiculously low price for my service & there is no way a competitor can come close.

I got a Samsung transform & it's fine but in the future I will upgrade to the Epic. My daughter has an Epic & it's superior except for battery life, but I got her an extra long battery.

When we Were Young
  3. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have an original Motorola Droid. When it goes kaput, I'll probably look at the latest Moto phone (I've had good luck with all of them, even the one that took a bath in boiling enchilada sauce) or an HTC.

As far as how I took the leap from cell to smart, I finally justified to myself that there were a few times that a smart phone was needed. Little did I know at the time what all could be done with it.

For instance, yesterday, I was looking for a section corner out in the middle of nowhere and didn't really know if I was within a quarter of a mile of it. Every hayfield looks the same on the ground. Fired up google maps, sat view and hit the my location button. That verified that I could get out of the truck and start looking for it. Can't do that with a cell.

Can't tell you the number of times I've found non fast food in a town I'm not familiar with.

No reason to go home yet.
  4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's like my Tivo, I didn't know I needed it, but now I'm not sure I could live without it. :)

I have the HTC Incredible. I saw an article about it when it was released and thought hmmmm... played with it at the store and liked the size, feel, functionality. I got that and my husband got a Droid 2. After about a week of yelling at it because I couldn't figure out how to get it to act like I wanted it to, I fell in love. My only complaint is how much more expensive it is now than with my "stupid phone". I think our cell phone plan has just about doubled in cost. :( But I love all the features. I web browse a LOT and I love the Navigator.

5. FoolsGold

FoolsGold Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope. Them screens are too tiny for my tired old eyes and them tiny little buttons are too small for my fat fingers.

6. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Smart phone for smart people.
    I just went to the Verizon store and got a Droid X because of this thread. Now I have to use my wifes phone to call because I'm not smart enough to use the Smart Phone.

Maybe by tomorrow sometime I'll learn how to make a phone call. :eek:

7. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what I was thinking of getting. I'm with ATT now and have a cheap family plan. I like that Verizon is unlimited data. You can get the Droid X for $0.01 on Amazonwireless so for a penny upfront I think I am ready to dive in. Trying to figure out how to get out of the $110 for activating 4 phones (two smart & 2 dumb).

8. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :nworthy::nworthy:

thats awesome.

I'll gonna be ringing you next week and you'll be lookng at the phone and shouting at it for a net result of zero.

oh well - we're both at El Co - maybe I'll hear you shouting!!

9. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hang in there, Don. It gets easier after a week or so of fiddling around with it. Periodically I still do the wrong thing, but I just hit the home button and try again. :)

10. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The engineers who design smart phones might be smart, but they aren't smart enough to include a manual on use. After a year and a half with the droid, I'm still finding out cool things it does. The manufacturers need to at least include something besides how to turn it on and charge it.

No reason to go home yet.
  11. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you looked online? I found a great manual for my HTC on their website.

12. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "I'll give you my [STRIKE]gun[/STRIKE] Droid x when you pry it from my cold, dead hands!".
    I LOVE this thing!

13. cartoonp

cartoonp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have A I phone but I do have A android phone

14. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just switched out my Blackberry for the new Samsung Droid, and the tapatalk app works great for the message board!

Taking me some time to get used to all the new features and what I can do on this vs. my old, tired Blackberry

15. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got a HTC Thunderbolt. I was in Mississippi with my wife's sister and brother in law, for five days, and he had an Iphone.

I decided I needed to get into the 21st century. I'm still taking my laptop in the morning, but I really don't need it anymore on Vacation!

Time for bed - takeoff in 9 hours. Arrival 8:30 am pst

First stop - the Cosmo for a few hours, to see if I can build that measly 2 day offer I just received into something worthwhile. Going to try lunch at Milo's

15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
    15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
  16. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just got my wife the new Acer Iconia Android tablet. it's pretty sweet. i was waiting for the iPhone 5 to come out, but not sure if i'd rather get an Android phone.

17. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had an Android for 9 months. I do enjoy having access to essential online elements, but I do not know how to make the most of this phone. My kids have them and can do everything...

18. dgr1973

dgr1973 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do not have a smart phone but my 13 year old daughter just got an Android phone! What kind of world do we live in that she has a smartphone and a Coach purse, the spoiled brat! LOL actually she got the purse as a gift and bought the phone with her own money.

19. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    so i did some more research about the iPhone 5 and they're saying it's probably not going to be released until at least Sept. i can't wait that long, so i decided to get the Droid Charge for both my wife and me. after playing with the Android Tablet, i really like the OS and the Charge is 4G along with being able to surf and talk at the same time and it includes a 32GB SD card.

20. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shifter, same phone that we both got a couple weeks ago. Still trying to figure it all out. Let me know any good apps that you find!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.