1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Iwannabeinvegas- live from Vegas.

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by IWannaBeInVegas, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My impression of freemont street,
    its more like a night club atmosphere and its fun. Iv spent a few hours watching the free stage acts and just people watching. I find the games to be less friendly to me. I played all of my winnings and todays budget and have an empty wallet. I do have money in the safe and bank. I realized at 730 Vegas time iv not eaten. Went to Chicago brewing and had a Chicago style deep dish pizza and I opted for rootbeer. The pizza was nothing special but the rootbeer was awesome and I don't like rootbeer,
    $15.75 with tip. Loved the canopy, last time I was down here in the experience was in the late 90s. Love nearly everything about it but not sure id make it home base for any future trips, it would be ok for a couple days.

There are some bad things. For those following my tweets, I counted no less than 20 GROUPS of street homeless kids on the experience area, mostly towards the Vegas club area. I don't know if this is normal for freemont or if its due to other events but I felt so bad for some of them. One girl,about 14-16 was sitting with her group and just was in a daze,did not appear to be on drugs (i use to be a deputy and can spot these drug use) and she just sat there,the 3 guys ages 16 up to I'd guess 24 really just ignored her, seeing the bruises on her it took all I could not to try to offer some type of help. Speaking of the homeless I noticed these groups of kids did not appear to bother anyone or beg for anything where grown men were asking everyone for money. Seen one guy asking for money and an hour later he was on a machine in the nugget,he had a Jesus look going. Also a huge influx that stayed infront of flamingo. Other negatives is it seemed like most of the staff I encountered did not seem to care about things. Oh well, its the old Vegas feel maybe.
    Correction on the southwest voucher,its not for a free flight but for $100.

More coming later including final thoughts. It's only 930 and I think the lack of sleep is catching up with me and I am thinking of bed. Am I missing stuff outside? I'm sure but I have noticed I'm off my game, when I say that I'm usually alert and can focus, iv made so many stupid mistakes from not being with it. Oh well,another time.

2. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ROOM PICS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.

3. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like free entertainment

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

4. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Adding: I brought another camera and have pics and videos on it,
    prob much better than these.

6. jdub7

jdub7 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the look of your room. That looks really nice. The leather lounger is really nice! Enjoying your report and the pics. Thanks!! :thumbsup:

7. Rox007

Rox007 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report and pics:nworthy:
    Are you staying in the Rush Deluxe room?

8. Lovegas95

Lovegas95 Too much work...need more play.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the specifics.

9. Yall

Yall Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice pics!

Are those of you posting images in your live reports using photobucket or imageshack to host the photos? Or are you posting them directly from your phone and the board actually hosts the images?

10. bratkar

bratkar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow, we were only graced with one girl dancing on the bar at Golden Gate. But we did have more fun at the little bar there with the guys making the drinks. Total cocktail, and made it look like they were having SO much fun!

Like you too, I lost my a$$ gambling down there too. I finally just had to give up and wait till we made it back to the strip. But then again, I was hitting in places like Sahara and Strat this time, so, I dont know what the deal is.

Love reading your reports!
    Kelli

11. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have lots of the girls,
    both video and still pics.

As for posting pics,
    I use tapatalk on my cell phone and it host the pics for me.

12. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm done gaming today. I brought 1100 with me and am taking just under 250 home, only used 180 of what was in the bank for good and massage.

13. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I lied. I gambled a total of 300 and lost. I was a bit mad as I forgot to use my players card. I took a taxi to the airport and it cost 30 with tip.

So over all the trip was good even with the losing of $ but it was a nice getaway. I think Id like this once a year if I can but I maybe not as die hard as I use to be. I will stay on freemont again, I enjoyed the party atmosphere but not sure if more than one day would be fun. Had a good dealer at the nugget, he was from Ohio as well and made playing blackjack a learning experience. I don't know the basic strat and he taught me some of the of the ropes. I tipped him by making dealer bets and he won 20 from me on those, I consider that paying for the lesson.

There will be a full report written which will include most of what is here plus more.

14. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flight back left on time and we managed to arrive 25min early. It was smooth for the most part but when it was rough it was really rough. Landing seemed hard to me, harder than normal.

I just went through my bag and
    lost my camera charger somewhere. I had enough juice to download the pics and some are good some suck. I will do a full report when I wake up and get motivated.

Thanks to those who followed on here and Twitter, I enjoyed the live updating and knowing I had an audience.

15. gotpunk

gotpunk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those girls are rough looking, I cant believe that a place trying to sell a product would let them do that.

16. bratkar

bratkar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thats the nice thing about coming back from Vegas. We came back last friday during the "storm of the month" in Cleveland and we actually arrived a good 45 minutes early! Now granted when we left we left on a very windy day and it took an extra hour to get out there and I thought I was going to just kill myself sitting on that plane. The return made up for it! :)
    Kelli

17. bratkar

bratkar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rough is a nice way to put it... but I figure it was downtown.... it pretty much matched most of what we saw down there too....

Kelli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.