1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thank You!!!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Guy Parry, Oct 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dear All,
    This is a pre-trip report for what'll be a trip of a lifetime! I'm flying from the UK on Mon 18th Oct for an 8 night stay in The City of Dreams! It was only gonna be 7 nights but by extending by 1 night, the scheduled flights with American Airlines dropped from £1200.00 for two returns to £520.00 for two, inc tax! Go figure! WAHEY!!! Our first RESULT!!! (I'm sure its a computer thing and we got in at the right time but what the hell?) We're celebrating our 10th Anniversary and are both in our 30's. Staying at THEhotel @ Mandalay Bay. Got tickets for Mama Mia on Tues, Elton on Wed (Best in House!!! Whooopeeeeeee!), are helicoptering to the Grand Canyon on Thursday (Anniversary) and having a meal at Top of the World on Friday with front row seats for Rita Rudner at her late show. Saturday I thought we'd check out Fremont Street, so I've got a reseration at Center Stage @ Plaza for dinner. Sunday I recon we'll try a champagne brunch and then I've got tickets for Mystere. Monday is our extra day with nothing on the cards but re-visiting our favourites! Also at some point want to do Duelling pianos at NewYork NewYork; a drink at the Polo Lounge at the top of Polo Towers. Any extra must do's will be greatly appreciated. I've spent about 6 months planning this little lot and would like to take the opportunity to thank all you T2'ers who contribute to these boards and make it really easy to feel welcome in your much loved city. I hope to post a trip report when I get back if I can remember anything!
    Cheers from an appreciative Brit; Guy xxx [​IMG]

2. Little Bob

Little Bob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guy, We will be in town for some of the same time you are. I will look for a guy with stacks of black chips and a British accent. Have a great time!

3. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the anniversary and the saving of money!

How about a drink at Fontana Bar at Bellagio, and watching the water fountain show from there?

Have a wonderful trip - I can't wait to read your trip report!

4. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guy, the only must-do is to get to Vegas. After that, it's all good. BTW, it's Sir Elton, MBE, isn't it?

5. Smarra17

Smarra17 Poker Queen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sir Elton it is! I love that man. Have an amazing time and I look forward to reading that report when you get back. Have an amazing anniversary and don't forget to tell your partner that you love her! At the fountains while an amazing song is playing is a great time!

6. nbg

nbg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another couple of ideas for the more romantic break would be a trip up the Eiffel Tower, gondola ride at the Venetian, a meal on the terrace at mon ami gabi at paris, treat the lady to a little present from tiffany’s in bellagio.

You have a great time Guy, look forward to hearing all about it when you're back. [​IMG]

Matt (a fellow Brit with a long left to go!)

7. Guy

Guy Captain of the Heads

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guy,

Have Fun.

Guy. [​IMG]

Easter 2024
  8. St George

St George Tourist

Try and get a meal at a place that I recommend called Crazy Horse. The rump there is fine, well worth it, and the ambience of the place is very cool, very relaxed, made me feel very chilled.

9. SummerStorm

SummerStorm Tourist

I've been lurking here for weeks now but after reading Guy's post felt it was about time for me to register since I am also counting down to Vegas (4 days and a wake-up), departing on Monday, Oct. 18th -- like Guy -- and celebrating my anniversary there on Thursday, Oct. 21st -- like Guy ('cept it's our 25th anniversary). Now Big Bob will have two of us to look for [​IMG] . After much internet research and post reading, we've decided to stay at The Orleans. We don't have a huge budget but I wanted to save as much as possible for gambling! I'll definitely be back to post my trip report and want to say a big thanks to everyone who shares info here -- it's been a huge help.

10. sin

sin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guy & Summer I'm glad that everyone here has helped you two plan what I'm sure will be wonderful Anniversary trips! Congratulations and enjoy!

11. JR Swift

JR Swift VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guy,

Hmmm...I'm a very jealous "guy" at the point. Sounds like a great plan. THEHotel sounds like a amazing place to stay and you've got some great shows and meals planned. And...good god...you're leaving, well, like now. Have fun.

12. sunnywey

sunnywey Tourist

Hi Guy!
    You sound like you sure have done your homework.
    I hope you have a fabulous time!

We are also going this week Oct 21st-24th.
    We have tickets to see Sir Elton on Fri nite + Jimmy Buffet on Sat night.
    We are excited to have tickets to both shows.

Oh! and happy anniversary!
    We just celebrated our 32nd!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.