1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Live from...

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by SheChauffeurs, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SheChauffeurs

SheChauffeurs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

San Diego and soon, barring horrendous traffic, Las Vegas! Just picked up rental boat. Mercury Grand Marquis for the price of a Mid size. So much for saving gas! Thrifty Car Rental has an awful lot of rules to abide by. Must bring back car full of gas WITH receipt from gas station within 10 miles of facility. (Gonna fill it up at the cheap place then fill a block away to top it off) Leaving in about 15 minutes! VEGAS BABY!!!!!:Þ

2. Thor

Thor Beer Drinker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    have a safe trip..can't wait to read the updates!!! :beer::beer::beer:

3. ATXTX

ATXTX VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    haha we got a Grand Marquis on our rental too it is freakin boat!

Have a safe trip there!

When we Were Young
  4. denluvslv

denluvslv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a fun and safe trip.:beer:

5. frank5465

frank5465 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a Blast!!!! and be safe

6. SheChauffeurs

SheChauffeurs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There was absolutely no traffic coming here. It would appear that the planned lane closures were cancelled. Made it in a little over 5 hours and only burned up 3/4 of a tank! The winds were scary as hell coming thru San Berdo. Saw 2 big rigs blown over. The boat gets decent mileage. (about 20 mpg) Checked in around 3 with no problems at all. Judy was nice enough to give me a south tower room with view of the Eiffel Tower and Bellagio Fountains. The room is, not surprisingly, dated, but functional. The bad part is that it reeks of cig smoke. I'm going to have housekeeping dowse it with some smoke deodorizer tomorrow. I walked down to PH to use my first of 3 Restaurant.com certificates at Fresh Grill and Bar. The walk there was long and boy...it is freezing here tonight! Walking to the place I was harassed by several venders in those kiosks selling various useless items. They are far worse than the time share people. (at least for me anyway, being a solo traveler) At Fresh Grill and Bar I got a bbq quesadilla, a turkey wrap and sweet potatoe fries as well as a couple of waters. Couldnt eat it all, but it was very good. They also have moonshine smoothies. If I was here with someone I would have tried one.
    I don't know if it's the cold outside or if I'm just out of shape, but my legs are stiffening up and cramping up from all the walking, lol. I gave a Monopoly Slot $20 and am calling it a night. Tomorrow I'm hitting the Classic Car Museum at IP, the Neon Boneyard and maybe Red Rock if my out of shape butt can handle it.

7. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great day Thursday! I loved the Boneyard tour & am trying to convince my friends to go with me next month when we are out there at same time.

I hate the vendors that come at me squirting their lotions. I have very sensitive sinuses/allergies/etc. & some of their products can actually make my head just POUND.

I'll have to check out the FRESH menu - thanks for the tip. I have certs for BBKings, Stripburger & somewhere downtown. As well as $50 gift card for Bahama Breeze. Last thing I need is more food coupons when I have over $100 of food comps on my players card, LOL.

Do they still have one empty shelf in the mini-bar fridge that you can use for your own personal items? (They started this last year - just want to make sure it is still the same.)

Easter again..:
  8. SheChauffeurs

SheChauffeurs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No fridge in this room. I brought a cooler tho, so I'm all set.

9. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great trip! I loved the Boneyard tour when I did it last October.

Looking forward to your updates.

10. SheChauffeurs

SheChauffeurs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So yesterday I set out to IP to check out the Auto Collection. Took lots of pictures that I hope to post later today. I also did the Neon Boneyard tour which was great!! While I was out housekeeping set some sort of ionizer thingy in my room to clear out the smoky smell, and it worked pretty well! I really didnt want to give up such a wonderful view. The noise from Bellagio Fountains isnt as bad as others have mentioned. I wondered north up the strip last night stopping at various places. O'Sheas was rocking out with some terrible cover band, the name of which I never caught. As I got closer to the Venetian, I noticed quite a few young "ladies" dressed up as ladies of the night. Maybe there was a costume party, I dont know. I rode the people mover into The Venetian and saw a huge crowd of people, girls dressed as hookers and guys soaked in cheap cologne. I felt under dressed and feared the cologne might be ignited by a stray flicked cigarette, so I headed back out. I played Rapid Roulette at Flamingo and watched $100 disappear rapidly.
    I plan on seeing the Pinball Hall of Fame later today after I use my certificate at HHAGG. (I'll likely be in a food coma after that) Much later today I'll eat at BB Kings and then head down to MGM to see Drew Carey's Improv-a-ganza if ticketmaster can get their sh_t together and give me my damn ticket!

11. ATXTX

ATXTX VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great Birthday in Vegas today!

If the Pinball HOF allows pics I would love to see those. Vegas must be crazy busy with Chinese NY & the Superbowl - fun place to be! Sounds like you are having a good time - hope you win a big b'day present today!

When we Were Young
  12. denluvslv

denluvslv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoy your birthday in Las Vegas. :thumbsup:

13. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow - entire mini-bar fridge gone? I'll have to request one for my insulin again then. It was nice when the mini-bar fridge had the empty shelf so I could just use that.

Easter again..:
  14. Reed

Reed High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the updates and Happy Birthday too!

15. SheChauffeurs

SheChauffeurs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first objective today was to have breakfast at HHAGG. Wow. I was served a wall of food that was quite delish!! I only managed to finish about a third of it tho. I had to get real creative with my order, in order to satisfy my $20 quota, per the Restaurant.com certificate. Andrew my server was great and earned every bit of his 25% tip.

Next on my list was the Pinball Hall of Fame. Played a few of my old favorites from the 80's. I couldnt take pictures due to the low lights and the glare that occured from the flash. There are about 8 rows of around 20+ machines dating back to the 40's as well as some early video games like Missile Command and Ms. PacMan. All profits go to charity, so this is a must see for all you gamers!!!!

I never made it to BB kings for dinner. Forces beyond my control worked against me, so I decided I would rather just go to the MGM a little early rather than chance being late. (so I have an unused restaurant.com certificate, if anyone is interested) Played vp for a few hours and broke even.

Just got back from the Drew Carey Improv-a-ganza. 2+ hours of tears rolling down my face from laughing! It was the entire crew from "Whose line is it", even Wayne Brady was there, much to the surprise of the crowd! I saw the 10 pm show which, I am certain, was a little raunchier ( and longer) than the 7:30 show. I was going to attempt to record some of it, but there were tv cameras (for The Game Network) everywhere and we were warned not to do it in advance. They pick people out of the first 4 rows for some of their skits, but none beyond that, sadly for me in the 6th row. But I did offer the words "motherboard" that was used in one of their skits. I was seated at a small table with 3 strangers, all from Ontario. Nice people, but very low key. Oh, and you CANNOT bring in food or drinks. Thats because they want to sell you ridiculously priced drinks. I had one bottle of Michelob Ultra at a whopping $7. (but that includes the taxes and 18% tip) So for anyone else venturing over to this show, be sure to get your drink on before entering or sneak in your beverage of choice.

Tomorrow (or later today, actually) I check out, but I'm going to attempt to see Red Rock before heading back to San Diego. It's getting crazy crowded for super bowl already, so I think heading out is going to be a good thing for me. I miss the days when my birthday fell a few weeks after super bowl.

16. SheChauffeurs

SheChauffeurs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yesterday I spent about 3 hours at Red Rock hiking, driving and taking pictures. Watched some guys scaling a sheer rock and hoping I wouldnt witness his fall. The drive home was uneventful right up til I got to Temecula where there was a horrific crash that had to have taken someones life. I will post pictures some time today, once I figure out what format to use. Thanks for all the birthday wishes!!!

17. SheChauffeurs

SheChauffeurs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  18. Sophia123

Sophia123 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wonderful pictures! Thanks so much for posting them! I was thinking of touring either the Red Rock Canyon or the Boneyard on my next trip, so these were great to see!

19. Thor

Thor Beer Drinker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    great pics! thanks for sharing and the live trip report!:beer::beer::beer:

20. sulobo

sulobo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the great pics Love the IP car pics . Went there 6 years ago . Probly go back there in April. Neon Boneyard will be on my list too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.