1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Live Trip Report - VegasBJ, Glen, Shifter!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by VegasBJ, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATXTX

ATXTX VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope you guys keep tearing up the place! Smart move, locking up your chip for a win! That's the way I play (on a smaller scale) never go home sad.

Are you guys placing SB bets?

When we Were Young
  2. peanutmnm

peanutmnm Scotchy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome run at the baccarat table. I played through a 17 hand in a row player run one night at the Mansion with my buddy. I was down to the felt at the time but and cashed out a happy camper after the streak ended. I don't have the stones to bet like you guys. Keep it rolling men!

3. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    AWESOME run at the Bac table!!!

This is exciting stuff, especially the pics.

Keep crushing 'em guys!

4. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, time for a few quick updates and fill in a few blank spots I missed earlier as I was in a rush.

First night was rough from a physical standpoint. Up just over 24 hours by the time I hit the sack around 5 am, and with the 3 large bottles of Sake at Cosmo sushi dinner + all the drinks before and after at the craps tables, when I got up 3.5 hours later, around 8:30 am, felt like I had been hit by a truck and pretty good headache. Hit the steam shower in the Penthouse suites, what a life saver. Couple Advil, and started to feel better.

Friday wore us out again as the dune buggies really deliver a pounding as the trail out to the sand dunes is just knarly whoop-de-dos, bone jarring bumps for a mile or so out to the dunes. Everyone but Shifter elected to use the optional back foam pad - glad I did! Even after the 90 minute ride though, felt again like we had got steamrolled. Back to the hotel, this is when I played more craps and lost the $9k from prev. night $19k winner, then my wife got in as she was arriving one day later than me, so helped her get situated in the room, and then we met Shifter and Mrs. Shifter and had a nice dinner at Le Cirque.

Shifter and I played more craps after dinner - since I vowed to learn and play Bacc with him, he agreed to learn and play some craps with me. Lost again here which is what led to us going over to play some Bacc at the big table.

I know I should have pounded the bets harder, but with my first time playing Bacc, I was just not sure of the streaks in what really is a guessing game, so I still feel good about winning what we did, even though I know if I had more confidence in what I was doing, could have done more damage!

Went to bed by around 3:30 am, was "in bed" for about 4 hrs, but had started drinking coffee at the end of the Bacc shoe to stay awake as had had a long day with the little sleep and the dune buggy pounding. So, did not really get a good sleep at all. My body was resting, but my mind still going 1000 miles an hour.

So today, woke up, went to an appointment that I had, while the Mrs. along with Mrs. Shifter went and got a massage together at the Spa. Played some craps, had lunch at Cafe Bellagio. Had the 1/2 lb Angus burger with sauteed mushrooms - really, really good for a coffee shop setting.

Came up and took a nap (yes, shoot me now) for 2 hours as I was really dragging ass, just took another steam shower, and now ready to head over to the MGM.

Just pulled all the loose chips from my pocket from today's craps play. Up + $1192. Really getting gun shy about playing high limit BJ (have not even played a hand yet), as I do not want to give back what I am up. One bad round at my usual avg. bet of $1500 - $1750 a hand digs a big hole in a hurry.

Rounded up my locked up win to $35K with the hot pink chip along with the $10K cash strap from the first picture. Still have around $8k in chips to play with. Have not even taken out a marker yet as played cash at Cosmo and used that winnings to fund all the other gambool so far.

Glen called a few hours ago, and now he is going to make it into town tomorrow morning in time for the SB!!! Bellagio totally sold out, so he got hooked up at PHO with a Penthouse suite over there, so he will be right across the street from us.

My wife and I elected not to go to the MMA fight, so we are going to have dinner with my MGM host over there at Shibuya tonight as it is our favorite restaurant in town, and I feel one of the best sushi and sake places anywhere.

Will post more tomorrow Am before our Jasmine brunch get together. Glen will make it just in time.

5. Huddler

Huddler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loving this TR! Keep it coming!!

6. joyglen

joyglen MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Made it to Billings and got a room close to the airport.

Going to wake up at about 4am and catch my 6am flight.

Be in Vegas around 9am. Called the Bellagio host and my suite already went to someone else, all their suites, villas and the like are booked. I aint staying in no regular room. i already have my 2 friends who choose to hang out at The Hilton and Ballys so they will join me tomorrow.

Staying at Planet Ho and my regular 2 bedroom Apex suites are also booked so my long time friend/host approved their biggest Penthouse, just uner 3,000 sq. feet for me to slum in for a couple of nights.

Planning on staying until Tuesday. See you guys tomorrow am at the entrance of Jasmine at The B. :wave:

7. Reed

Reed High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the updates. Hopefully the next one will be a 5am drunk "Check out what we won tonight" post!

8. TexBC

TexBC Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. Those are some NICE winnings. Great trip folks!

9. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fantabulous TR so far , congrats on the winnings , not quite sure how you did it , as I've never played Bacc and don't know the *rules* lol
    Good to hear that Glen can join in on the Brunch/SuperBowl festivities

10. TrekTiger

TrekTiger Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Watch out boys and girls, here comes Glen and his golden monkey. Its about to get real in the desert.

11. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got in too late again last night to update, grabbed a few hours sleep and ready to go again.

Dinner at Shibuya was excellent as always, had the Seared Tuna, Seared Albacore, Yellowtail shashimi, Black Cod, and one other dish I cannot remember right now. Also paired with the "Demon Slayer" Watatake sake which was excellent as always. Very light, clean, fresh flavor.

Played a little BJ in the Mansion room at MGM after dinner, got on a quick run, and quit $9000 winner after about 10 minutes there. The bacc room there was totally dead. Not one person at one table in the whole room! We go back to Bellagio, and the place is nuts! totally packed, as busy as I have seen it in a long time. Absolutely packed to capacity and beyond. Every craps table, bacc table completely full as well as all the restaurants, aisles, etc. Our room overlooks the pool area, have not seen one person out there all weekend. Still pretty cool outside but not as bad as it had been.

Back at Bellagio, met up with Shifter in the Bacc room, table was OK, not great, and then a whole group of players sat down at the other end of the big table we were at, and started smoking and blowing the smoke down the table at us, and we needed to change tables. We were both up a little bit from that session, tried to find another table to sit at, but it was completely full, so we went to craps for a few minutes, both made about $200 after being down initially. Had a couple rollers seven out right away, then when we got the dice back to our end of the table, we both had a decent throw so that we were able to get back above water.

Went back to bacc room, found two seats at the other big table, had a decent run once the Player side started to run again, then the table got cold and when we lost about 4-5 hands in a row, I quit to lock in another win of about $6K, left Shifter there so I do not know how he finished out the night. This was about 2 am, went to craps again, gave some back, but ended night up another $14K total between the MGM BJ hit + the overall bacc win.

Total up so far for trip is $56K. Have taken a picture of it to post later. Going to lock up $45K now, and play with the remaining $11K.

Today will be pretty busy and time consuming with brunch at 11 am, Super Bowl party starting a few hours later up till around 8 pm, and have to retire early tonight as we have to get up at 4:30 am to get to airport and back to work.

So looks good to lock in a nice win which makes up for previous losing trip I had at Aria for that Dec. BJ tourney I was in.

More later if possible.

12. mpb777

mpb777 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for taking time to post, I am really enjoying it. Btw, I was sitting in church this morning wondering how you guys did last night...$56K up...WOW

13. Huddler

Huddler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I start touching myself inapproriately every time I open this thread...

14. techie223

techie223 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR. Awesome wins, keep it up :thumbsup:

Enjoy the SB party today :beer:

15. Manda

Manda Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a great trip. Makes me jealous though! Wish I was able to make the big bets (even though Id probably make myself sick). Hope the luck continues

(PS..I love the suspense of the live TR)

16. biggump22

biggump22 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like these posts are costing you some $$$ based on your run rate for the past few days! Good luck today at the SB party!!:beer:

17. Tuna

Tuna High-Roller

If you win another 30k then you've made my salary for the year...jerk off.

18. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +$56 000! And I was happy to pick up $200 at vp last night! Keep it coming.

19. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

ROFL I was just thinking How Thrilled I was hitting a slot jackpot for 279.00 at CP about 10 days ago!! That was like 1/4 of my bank roll for the whole 5 day trip tee hee

20. luvlv

luvlv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad I'm not the only one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.