1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Three more days

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Jer, Aug 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

So as the number of days get smaller, the number of problems are arising.

I am flying, I guess I had a free RT from Southwest that I had no idea about. All 5 others at my hotel room are driving(The actual total of the group has grown to 15+). This trip is actually to celebrate a buddy's b-day and he couldn't think of it to happen in a better place!

First of all, my 1st suggestion to Scottie was K.I.S.S, Keep It Simple Stupid. We should all stay at the same hotel, and that was shot down. "We wanna stay on the strip," or "Downtown, why there???"

Now we have three different groups at three very different locations in Vegas.

The next issue is when they will leave. All of them(except Scottie) wanted to leave around 6 or so. Hello? Can you say traffic? When I brought that up, they said, "Oh, we can leave later then..." So now I get there at 7:00, half the group arrives at 11 or so, with the rest coming in after 1:00.

The next issue is what we are gonna actually be in Vegas for. Scottie wants to drink, gamble, take in some scenery at the local establishments. Everyone else is all over the map. Now here is the major problem... He wants to stay with me mainly because I am more of an experienced Vegas guy than the rest of these clowns. I told him that if most of the group sticks together and gets a plan on what we could be doing, we would be okay. But yet he is torn between some of his other buddies who just want to make it in the guiness book of world records for how long they can stare at T + A. Now, I am becoming the bad guy because I want everyone to be happy.

The last thing we all argued about is getting into clubs and renting a limo(s). "What do we need a limo for, we have three cars between all of us" and "It will be easy for all 15 of us (guys) to get into a club together..." As Dr. Evil says, "Rightttttttt...."

So, thanks for letting me vent. I feel a little better now! Let me know if you have any ideas or what I should do about this crap...

2. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tell 'em all that whoever's b-day it is, is in charge. And give'm your cell number in case they want to get in touch.

Then go have fun.

Check in from time to time and see if they ever got their sh*t together.

3. pup

pup Tourist

VJ,

I would be shocked if all 15 guys were all in one spot together at ANY point during the trip.

I'm with The Doctor on this one. My advice: don't stress - and choose one (or more) of the following:

a) hang out with the b-day boy and/or the guys with whom you most like to party

b) hang out with the group that are partying at the spots you most enjoy

c) if no one else is going, go to your favorite spots alone....it's Vegas, baby!

[ August 24, 2004, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: pup ]

4. RossW

RossW North of the 49th

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd fly into Vegas, pick up the Birthday Boy and then fly to Reno......Without letting any of em know......That would really make'em wonder..... :confused:

Don't tell 'em and when your all back home ask where the hell they all were...you looked for them for a few days in Vegas with no luck.... [​IMG]

Benefits - only two guys to agree on stuff as opposed to 15 before doing things or going places [​IMG]
    That's all the benefits you need....

Keeping 15 guys on board will be tough...good Luck Jer. [​IMG]

All in fun - Have a good trip to LV [​IMG]

RossW

5. veck101

veck101 Tourist

Jeez, it's hard enough deciding on where to eat between two people. Traveling with any more than 3 or 4 people is imposible. I went with a big group like that a while ago and it ended up breaking into smaller groups of 3-4 that did their own thing and kind of merged back into the big group for dinner and stuff.

6. NEON

NEON Tourist

"Tell 'em all that whoever's b-day it is, is in charge. And give'm your cell number in case they want to get in touch.

Then go have fun.

Check in from time to time and see if they ever got their sh*t together."

Dr. Al! You hit the nail on the head!!!!!

I funny enough, am meeting 11 others for a bachelor party at the same time!!! We are all staying at the same hotel. Even better, they are all flying in on the same flight!!

Jer, your welcome to join our group if yours falls apart! We will be staying at Harrahs...

Good luck and maybe we (all 12 of us) will run into you all (?? 2-15???)

7. Jer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    5 guys have dropped out... Its getting a little better!

8. RossW

RossW North of the 49th

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How many guys left now? Still 10??

9. Jer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Down to 9... I just got a call from some of my buddies from the old job. I guess they are gonna be there Saturday and Sunday..

Wow, were under 100800 seconds until I leave...

10. Jer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bye Kids....

On my way!

11. RossW

RossW North of the 49th

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't forget Jer..... [​IMG] ......We'll need a trip report.......... [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.