1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mirage ,Cosmo Wynn

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by mesa, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mesa

mesa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

This was a terrific trip all around as we hooked up with some friends we had not seen in around 25 yrs.plus they were Vegas newbie’s and had a blast. We were at the Mirage for 3 nights (comped) and the
    Wynn(comped) for 2. The remodeled Mirage suite was plenty nice and the two huge bathrooms came in handy and amenities were grand. Hit the BLT for a quick lunch while waiting to get in to our room, never again. BLT just doesn't do it for us, good service but lousy food. We did have a nice dinner at the BB King place in Mirage. The first night was spent drinking and catching up on old times but on Day 2 we all went to the Cosmo and man like so many are saying it is beautifully stunning. The common areas are a nice idea to take a sit down and admire the hotel.
    Lots of terrific artwork everywhere and the changing smoke glass columns in the main lobby were very interesting with changing themes, really fun to watch.

We spent a lot of time in the Chandelier Bar (very cool) hence all the photos of it, the lobby area below the bar was roped off though. The wife did inform me that she had the best Cosmo ever (I was doing Cognac). Barkeeps were very nice, in fact everyone seemed to be in a great state of mind. We then went to China Poblano and had the pleasure of meeting Chef Andres and getting a pic. And the food is fantastic. We had the Langosta lobster and Coctel de Camarones , Mongolian Beef Lettuce, Lamb Pot Stickers Stuck on You and more. All guacamole is made fresh to order and very good. We had a few Pomegranate Margaritas that had salt foam on top instead of the rim, very tasty! Here is the online menu if you want to check it out.
    http://www.chinapoblano.com/pdf/chinapoblano_menus.pdf.
    We returned to the Cosmopolitan again on Wednesday for another terrific meal at China Poblano and to sign up for their Identify membership cards. Need to get the points going so we can get a chance for some deals. Their cards accumulate points for everything from dining, shopping, hotel stays and gambling (love that new concept). As we were heading out to catch
    a taxi a guy in a suit starting chatting up my wife, asking how we enjoyed the place. He then popped up and offered us a House Caddy at no charge not sure why but is was cool. He called the driver and we were whisked away back to the Mirage which we enjoyed as he took the long way and was quite informative, we made sure the driver got a nice gratuity. I think Wynn might have a real competitor now. Also had to eat again at Society Cafe at Encore which we always enjoy, the food is great. Gambling was a little slow in the beginning but it picked up and we stayed fairly even with a few nice little wins to keep us going. Tuesday night was†Sinatra Come Dance with meâ€
    I enjoyed the show Sally not quite as much. The weather was rainy everyday but that did not bother us much at all. Be careful as the bars in Mirage except for the sports bar (where I was propositioned again by a working girl) were charging and not comping drinks. Looks like Wynn might have started something that is spreading. We still always enjoy a night of room service (Wynn has best room service)and a movie
    before departing for the long drive home. Here is a link to some photos for you.
    http://travel.webshots.com/album/579353478OJPojc

2. pikabu

pikabu Low roller, but always enjoy the ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR, Mike and Sally. I think that we were there the same time as you. We went through the Cosmo briefly. We definitely will spend more time in there the next time we visit LV.

3. volfaninbama

volfaninbama High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice Report

Going to Vegas next week excited to visit the Cosmo and see and eat there.

4. Rick1323

Rick1323 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    China Pobalo looks very interesting. Will have to try it next trip. Thanks for the report!

5. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Great TR again Mesa! Thanks for all the Cosmo photos and info. All these positive reports are encouraging. I've got Cosmo booked for March. :thumbsup:

6. Bthuring

Bthuring Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Completely agree with Society Cafe at Encore. Great food and reasonably priced for dinner, given the location

7. ATXTX

ATXTX VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting those great photos, it looks & sounds like you guys had a great time. ChinaPoblano sounds really good, gotta put that on my list. With all the incredible restaurants in Vegas you guys choose to eat there twice - sounds like a must do for me! I am going to be interested to see what offers you guys get from them. If they track everything on their players card then I bet that helps them decide what clients to make offers to.

When we Were Young
  8. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR Mikey...sounds like you really enjoyed the Cosmo:beer: That was an interesting photo of the Mirage pool, I've never seen it drained and empty like that....kind of sad almost:evillaugh

Hope you and Sally had a great Christmas, and have a Happy New Year:drunk:

Maybe we can hook up sometime in Vegas in 2011!:wave:

9. anewfoundsin

anewfoundsin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    curious to see u got a weeks worth of hotels comped, by gambling?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.