1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mirage 4/9 thru 4/17.....

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Dean Martin, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I'm not the "word smith wizard" that our friend Mikey is but I'll hit a few of the highlites.

We flew SW out of Norfolk for the 1st time and was very happy w/ the flights, service etc...non-stop is the only way to go since we got to spend the night in the lovely St. Louis airport 2 yrs ago.

9 days is a long time to be in Vegas but you know...I'm still not sure we were ready to come home but the empty safe in the room told the story. [​IMG] We play alot of VP and usually do pretty well but this trip we got slam dunked. Did good playing BJ but couldn't resist the elusive RF and kept putting it back into VP. We were comp'd for all of our nights and some food so it helped ease the pain but trust me, "no" gambling would have been much cheaper than what we were comp'd...but, is that why we go to Las Vegas?? Hellllll no.. [​IMG]

The weather was awesome (85 everyday) and the pool at the Mirage was gorgeous as usual, as was the "scenery". They were having a nurses conference and from the eyes of the 49 year old Dino, the 30 something MILF's were looking nice. Hmmm....now I certainly won't mention any names cause we all know what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas but there is a very attractive nurse lady that danced on the bar at the Cyotee Ugly (sp?) bar that was way cute.... my bride and I chatted w/ her at the pool the next day and she was really a nice person too.

Well...we were "downtown virgins" and had a ball down there. If you've never been it is way kool. A lot like Reno I thought w/ some very down to earth and fun people. Good music variety playing for the 40 plus group... ZZ Top, AC/DC, Steppin Wolf, some good 60's tunes and even some Tony Bennet and Dean Martin stuff... you could almost feel the "presence" of the Rat Pack in some of those places. It just felt cool to play at Binions, the LV Club and the 4 Queens. An yes, we did play the Elvis machine.... ya just gotta...how cool would that be to say "I retired because of hitting a mill+ on the Elvis slots??" [​IMG] We ate dinner at Zaks at the GN and it was fantastic... every bit as good of service and food as one of the better strip restaurants and at about 2/3's the price. They have good jazz in there too if you like to have a smoke (of whatever your choice), get laid back after stuffing your belly w/ good food and wine and cruize.

It was just my beautiful bride and I so there wasn't much (total) drunkeness or "buffoonery" but we did have a great time drinking, meeting fun people, eating great food and enjoying the Las Vegas sun from the tropics of the Mirage pool.

We're going back in June w/ our daughter and her cuz (who both graduate HS in June) for a Sun thru Sat trip. Should be fun...

Oh, yea... we did use Presidential Limo to pick us up when we got there and they were awesome! Chilled champagne waiting for us in the car..what a way to start your trip! We asked for Jim but he couldn't make it for some reason and the lady that picked us up said he aplogized for not being able to make it. Ahhhhh... the price of popularity! :D The woman that picked us up was super and I'd highly recommend them for future use.

And..... Mikey, I printed your TR and read it on the plane going there...I laughed my ass off at you all and thought of all the fun you had. I was a lot like that in my 20's and 30's but it just takes way too many days to recover now! [​IMG] It was an awesome read. We'd luv to hook up w/ you all some night but I'm afraid the wifey and I would probably only last 1 night compared to the Tequila stamina of your troop... [​IMG]

Thanks again to all of you who contribute to this board....what a wealth of information and a great bunch of Vegas maniacs! ~ Dino :cool:

2. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Dean,
    I enjoyed your TR just as much as Mikeys.

3. cspada

cspada Tourist

Dean, nice trip report! I was at The Mirage April 4-8 and also enjoyed the nice pool. Did you get there early enough to get a decent seat by the pool? Also, if you played VP, did you sit at the Baccarat Bar and meet Rick the bartender? He's great!

4. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report, Dino! I know a few nurses who go to that conference every year, BTW, but I doubt if any of them would fit your description... : [​IMG]

5. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cspada, we did get great seats right next to the bridge on the side by the Dolphin Bar but we were in line at 0645 for a pool opening of 0800....ughhh [​IMG] But...we love to hang out there from about 8 to 2 so it was worth it. We just decided the pool line was part of the "vegas experience"....I figure you can bitch or laugh, I prefer to laugh...lol

Bigdogmom... all the nurses we met were really great "vegas" people, young and old as I'm sure your friends are too... as "you" know, we "all" have a little wild side left in us...lol [​IMG] If the day comes that I don't, somebody please slap me!! :D ~ Dino :cool:

6. LV Terry

LV Terry Captain Flop'N Fold

NICE!

Sounds like a great trip!

Nurses convention?! Are you freaking kidding me?!

"Daddy has an owwie!!" [​IMG]

Comped room and food at the Mirage?! Damn! You must be the Man!

So you're going back in June, huh? hhhmmmmm....

I say the only way to know one's tequila stamina, is to test it occaisionally! :D

7. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually Terry, it's not quite as cool as being "the man" [​IMG] Those comp'd nights & a little in food cost us about $3,500, but like I said... it eased the sting a little from our losing trip AND as usual, we still had a blast in our favorite town! [​IMG] ~ Dino :cool:

8. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    and....yes, I too was thinking up all kinds of "things" that I needed all the cute nurses to "help" me with.... I luv being the perv that I am, it comes soooo natural ... :D ~ Dino :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.