1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hey Hurricane!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by guilt1125, Apr 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guilt1125

guilt1125 Tourist

My Trip Report

What the $%$#@@$ were the chances of all three of those pairs getting cracked in that tournament? 77,321 - 1 , I believe. Thanks for the report though. Mikey, did you prefer the tournament style as opposed to a 4-8 table? Never played a tourney with more than 8 players.

2. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man..it was ridiculous....

When I was dealt each one, I was like "No way THIS hand is gonna lose!", so it was comical. When that third Ace fell on the river on the last hand, I just figured that there was a reason for me not to be in the poker room at that particular time.

You play long enough, and nothing is unbelievable anymore--about a week before I went to Vegas I was in a tournament, got a straight flush, then four hands later I got four of a kind!! My luck ran out later and I only took second place. [​IMG]

I like both tournaments and cash games. I generally do really well in online tournaments, and I've made quite a bundle on partypoker.com with their single-table tourneys. I've only played in about 6 live tournaments in poker rooms in my life, and only once taken a 'money' place.

I guess to put it simply, I prefer live poker to online poker, and online tournaments to live ones. But I haven't had enough live tournament experience to form a legitimate opinion.

Mikey

3. cspada

cspada Tourist

Hey Mikey - my husband likes online poker, too! He plays at Pokerstarz and Ultimate Bet. He's won some pretty big tournaments (multi table - 1st place at $1,400, etc.) and he prefers single or double table "sit and go" tournaments! He's going to be playing at the Mirage tournaments starting this Sunday....hope the live action treats him well! If not, I'll just have to carry the load at the Blackjack table! [​IMG]

Once again, I very much enjoyed your trip report and will write one of my own next weekend when I return! [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.