1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My first trip

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Babs7281, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Babs7281

Babs7281 Tourist

My Trip Report

I got back from my first trip to Vegas on Friday, and I learned a few things...

1. Do not upgrade to the Paradise Tower rooms at the Tropicana, they are not worth the extra $30/night. Go straight for the suite if you want to be in that tower.

2. Watch where you walk. On our very first day, I was walking along the strip, not paying attention, and hit some uneven asphalt in a parking lot. I fell and totally gimped myself. :( I really banged up my knee (it's still bruised), and couldn't walk for 2 days. After that it was very sloooow going. I was so mad at myself!! :mad: What a way to ruin a trip.

3. I don't like to play slots...there's nothing about putting my money in that machine and getting nothing back that excites me. I guess it's because I have never "hit". I can do better things with that $20 than push a button for a half hour.

4. If it's your first time, definitley splurge on getting a limo to pick you up from the airport. We used Presidential and it was wonderful. Nothing like riding down the strip for the very first time in a limo drinking champagne.

Overall, I'm glad I went. I enjoyed Las Vegas, and will visit again. However, next time I will stay at a hotel that is more center-stip, and I will go with my boyfriend, not my mother.

2. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm with you on that, babs. I'm much happier with the "slow leak" of money through the VP machines, 'cuz you're usually hitting something, even if it's just a pair or two.

Sorry to hear how your trip (no pun intended) went. The goal of virtually everyone on this board is to help you avoid a frustrating experience, esp. on first trips, but unfortunately stuff still happens sometimes. Glad to hear you had some fun anyway. And the good news is -- your next trip will be better! [​IMG]

3. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You had to have had a little fun--since you're planning your next trip! Sorry this one wasn't the best, but like some people say about fishing--the worst day in Vegas is better than any day in the office ;) Better luck next time!!

4. Falcon_Rob

Falcon_Rob Flying Winnebago

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Babs, sorry to hear about some of your bad luck, both on the streets and the machines.

It's funny, I was really happy with our Paradise Tower room last year, but it wasn't $30 more to upgrade there. Maybe the prices have gone up a bit.

At the very least, it sounds like you've used this first experience as a scouting mission, which will greatly improve your trips in the future! Thanks for the post!

Rob

5. Babs7281

Babs7281 Tourist

Falcon Rob - yes, the prices have went up. In fact, up until the Friday before we left, it was only supposed to be $20 extra per night, but when we got there they had raised it. Perfect timing for them, huh?

I am actually going to be writing the Tropicana a letter, because I was extremely disapointed with my stay there. The room was not that nice, I had no ashtrays the first 2 days (even though it was a smoking room, and I called housekeeping to request some), our phone didn't work correctly, and the damn toilet ran all night. I was going to mention these issues when I checked out...but the icing on the cake was that the person at the desk DIDN'T EVEN ASK ME HOW MY STAY WAS.
    Needless to say, they will be hearing from me!

6. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    funny you mention that know when asked you how your stay was. at the end of my luxor stay no one asked me either. took my info and told me to have a good weekend.

i wonder if there not supposed to ask, my open up a can of worms they don't want to deal with. . . .

7. Billy from TX.

Billy from TX. Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's nothing like getting over a bad trip than to plan another. As you probably know I wa sicker than a dog my last trip. I came home got well and hoping to go again in late September.

Sorry about your fall.

8. plandcl

plandcl Tourist

I have never been asked how my stay was. I am sure they dont want to open up that can of worms. We stayed at the manor rooms at circus circus and they were disgusting. Ants and they were filthy, curtains falling off the rods, air conditioner so loud you couldnt sleep but so hot you couldnt sleep either. I guess the point I am trying make is that after we got back we wrote a letter complanining about the manor rooms and never heard back from them. Needles to say we dont stay there anymore. I hope you get a response. We have stayed at the Tropicana and are staying there in a couple weeks. Our room was great. No problems.

9. Mia4071

Mia4071 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Babs so sorry to hear that you didn't have a good time. Take another trip with your boyfreind and I am sure it will make up for this last one.

I have only been asked once how my stay was @ that was @ Paris - And I gave them a thumbs up cause I didn't want to start complaing to them how I didn't want to ever leave! [​IMG] HE HE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.