1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Jacked by Leap Year!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by HurricaneMikey, Feb 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Man, I just realized that my T-minus is extended by a day this year! It would only be 27 days otherwise! I'm thinking of launching an inquiry.

Hey, in 2008, I'm gonna schedule a trip over the 29th of February--that way I get an extra day in Vegas, right?

I also make it a point to go during daylight savings time weekend in October, so I get an extra hour there, too.

(just a little tip from an insider... ;) )

Mikey

2. knight rider

knight rider Tourist

Hey Mikey,

I would like to thank you. You have helped me get the most out of my vegas experiences. I first read a TR of yours on googles newsgroups alt.vacations.lasvegas. You had a link then to lasvegastripreports.com. Then I did a search on your name and through your web site, brought me here.

Don't worry, I am not a stalker. I just wanted to thank you for introducing me to these groups. I have been an avid reader for a while now, but finally decided to register, log on, and participate. My wife and I have enjoyed your TR's and those of everyone here. Thank you all for your ideas, insights, and the entertainment. Some of you guys are GREAT writers.

With all that being said. I would like to introduce myself. They call me knight rider b/c of my last name (rider). I am 27 and I am married. Live in the grand ol' state of Ohio and I get out to vegas about once every 8 months or so.

Thanks again hurricanemikey! And thanks to everyone else in here!

knight rider

3. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ouch! That bites, man. Leap Day does extend my own LV countdown by one day. But it gives me the extra "free" day in Hawaii, and I have NO complaints about that!

Kitty - getting an extra day to charge my internal solar batteries so I can return to winter - feh!

4. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it too early to announce a trip I know about for sure--February 14-17, 2005 :D I'd like to do at least one trip before then, this summer, but nothing for certain planned yet. But next year, man, we're there!!!! :D The show is at MBay, hope room prices are low enough I can convince hubby to let us stay there ;)

5. NewShooter

NewShooter Tourist

My trip is Feb 27-Mar 2...sounds like a 3 day trip.....not this year....4 days..4 nights....

6. MNVegasgal

MNVegasgal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Leap year just means I get to stay 39 one day Longer since my 40th Birthday is March 1st.

7. Maryann

Maryann Guest

HurricaneMikey I enjoyed your website with all the vegas pictures. Very neat-o!

NewShooter-why do you get to stay longer than me? No fair [​IMG]

8. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Knight Rider--

Welcome! I'm glad you found us and joined our merry band of addicts. I've never heard of alt.vacations.vegas or whatever that is, so I have NO IDEA how a trip report got posted there. But hey, I'll take the free publicity [​IMG] (Other folks have told me that they print out my trip reports and leave them on airplanes, which I thought was waaaaaay cool). I'm happy to help feed your addiction.

Raven, as far as the website goes, again, thanks! Unfortunately, I'm unable to update it now, I have to *totally* rebuild the whole thing from scratch due to a major technical issue I had and a slight problem with my hosting company. So next months trip report will be posted here, and Sonya has graciously offered to host all of the pictures here on this site. This trip will be my longest one ever--ergo--my longest trip report ever, with the added bonus of pictures inserted into the middle of it.

Wish everyone could join us next month--we'll be thinking of you, and I'm sure we'll even raise a toast to the entire T2V gang once I get dice in one hand and a drink in the other!

Mikey

9. NewShooter

NewShooter Tourist

Raven....
    What are your dates?

10. Barney

Barney Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would this be considered SUI (Shootin Under the Influence)? Actually I can vouch that this is not illegal in Vegas. I have... I mean I have seen some dice shooters that had a hard time standing, let alone throwing dice.

I actually seen a guy at the Hilton one night that had to close one eye to focus good enough to pick the die up. He was rowdy as hell, but I guess those black chips he was bettin made the pit critters look the other way.

11. Maryann

Maryann Guest

Well it's a nice website, Mikey, even if you haven't been able to update it. I enjoyed all the Vegas pictures. You and your buddies look like fun people to hang out with, and this is coming from a 21 year old [​IMG]

NewShooter, I'll be there Feb 26-29 staying at the Mirage again. Gosh I love that place! Didn't you say you're staying there this time?

12. NewShooter

NewShooter Tourist

Last time was the Mirage.
    This time, not sure.
    We were going to stay at the TI, then we switched to the Flamingo. The lastest news is probably the Aladdin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.