1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Oh yeah, It is ON!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by HurricaneMikey, Dec 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

With the Holidays upon us, it's been kinda hard for me to get into the Vegas spirit the last few weeks. Besides, all the airfare I've seen for March Madness has been over $400. So Vegas was on the back burner... But then Dougie (Bazootch) has been emailing me a few deals he found yesterday, and we discovered that Southwest had an internet special for 48 hours--$215 roundtrip from Nashville!! Oh hell yeah--that's half the fare they've had available for the past two months.

So now the plane ticket is bought, the rooms are reserved, the time off from work has been scheduled. All I gotta do now is save a few bucks for the bankroll! [​IMG]

So, Doug and I will be flying in to town on Wednesday, March 17th (Hey, St. Paddys day--another excuse to drink!), and the usual suspects from Phoenix will be arriving early the next day. A couple of guys from my Tuesday night poker game are talking about making the trip, too.

It's gonna be a helluva great time! 5 nights in Vegas--my longest trip ever. So, who's with me???

Mikey

By the way, we're down to double digits--T minus 97!

2. dfense072

dfense072 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right on your heels [​IMG] ...Getting in around 11AM on Green Beer Day, tenatively staying at Luxor until the following Tuesday...so that makes it T-97?

Jim

3. LV Terry

LV Terry Captain Flop'N Fold

I'm down! Booked at the Tropicanna, arriving Wednesday (probably around...2:00 I would think), leaving Saturday.

I'm ready!

4. Dougie

Dougie I am IN!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am SO ready!!! LVC from Wednesday to Monday. Starting to think its too good to be true!!

Hey LV Terry, we will have to melt some felt on Wednesday, I will be there before noon, and maybe as early as 9 am.

Wifey has consented, and will remove my leash at about 5 am on the 17th!!

Bazootch

5. LV Terry

LV Terry Captain Flop'N Fold

Yeah Right....like she's not going to immediately install the "virtual Leash"... hahahahahaha

We will definitely get together...Mikey didn't say what time he rolls in, but I'm guessing that with a little effort, we could be obnoxiously drunk by the time we see him.

T.

6. Dougie

Dougie I am IN!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty sure he gets in about 7:30 pm. All festivities will commence after that, because I have to pick him up. Bet he will be popping beer tops in the car.

Bazootch

7. rugbysteve

rugbysteve Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dammm, another almost for me... looks like my crew will not be arriving until the 25th of March. Seems like I'm always a couple days late and a few dollars short. Don't chase all the midget hookers out of town before I get there.

8. -KorkedBatz-

-KorkedBatz- Tourist

You guys are killing me....makes me want to book a trip and join ya'll. Sure would be a good time. [​IMG]

9. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep--plane lands at 7:25 pm. I hope to be face down in my first LARGE mudslide by about 8:30.

Man, I can't wait...

Mikey

10. Billy from TX.

Billy from TX. Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wish I could be there. Maybe if we win big in Feb we can come back in March.

So you say mudslide....Where do you get those again?

11. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mikey & Bazootch & I LOVES the mudslides at Las Vegas Club. Cheaper and better tasting than La Bayou. (They do actually have about 5 different frozen drinks behind the bar at LV Club, but I usually get the mudslides. Got my friend one in August that tasted like an orange creamsicle--she said that was yummy!)

12. duffelbag don

duffelbag don Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    5 different frozen drinks? Hmmmm....I sees a challenge!

I haven't really put any thought into going for MM these past few weeks, ya know holidays and all, so I've got some work to do as soon as that's over with. Come March, I'll need my Vegas fix.

13. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And don't forget, Margaritaville is open now down at the Flamingo, for more of that 'frozen concoction that helps you hang on'...

14. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oooooh! We recently went to Margaritaville at Universal Studios in Orlando and had a blast. Will definitely be looking for that!

Kitty

15. NEON

NEON Tourist

Margaritaville is definately on our plans this weekend, while staying at Flamingo!
    Funny thing though, The Restuarants never seem to make them as strong as I do at home? :rolleyes:
    And yes March Madness flights are booked! Just waiting for the free hotel offers? :confused:

16. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It often depends on whether the alcohol is in the frozen drink already (mixed in the machine, like they do at La Bayou) or the bartender adds it manually. You can always ask for an extra shot to be added :D Just ask RugbySteve about those extra shots of grain from La Bayou......(I'll take an extra shot of 151 over grain, though!!)

17. farkingidiot

farkingidiot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not me, unfortunately. I think I'm gonna be there the same time as rugbysteve. I arrive Wednesday, March 24 and stay 5 and 1/2 days. I'll be bringing two vegas newbies along with 3 second timers.

I can't wait to corrupt them.

Of course I had to poke one of the new guys in the ribs last night when he's talking to my wife telling her how excited he is to be going and all the great stuff he's gonna see: "..downtown Vegas...Hard Rock hotel...Bellagio....Cheetahs..."

I felt myself freeze up. [​IMG]

Oh sheeee.... :eek:

I could see my wife get a questioning look on her face as he says "Cheetahs" and that Sesame street song started playing in my head..

~One of these things is not like the others, one of these doesn't belong...~

eeep!! Damage control! Damage control!!

You knucklehead!! You've just activated wadar-wifey radar. You could almost hear the gears turning in her head. "Cheetahs...why I've never head of such a place.."

Somehow I managed to change the subject, but phew! [​IMG]

Actually she doesn't care about me going to stripclubs, but I'd hate for her to start asking around and find out just how touchy feely they are at Cheetahs.

18. D-train

D-train Tourist

I am in again for vegas for march madness I am arriving the 17th as well, went last year for the first time and going back again this year..hope to see the hurricane raking up the chips at the tables...see ya all at the sports book

19. Jack21

Jack21 Guest

Bazootch- you seen to really know your Vegas, March MAdness style. I've been going that weekend six years (see my post under your recent "Attention.." post. Got any tips specific to that weekend? Jack21

20. Dougie

Dougie I am IN!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, Jack21, the only solid piece of advice is to make sure you are within 50 feet of HurricaneMikey. Good times are sure to be there. We already have the first night planned (march 17). It will be a kickoff to remember.

I am a good planner, so if there is anything specific, just ask.

Bazootch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.