1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pre-Trip Report 12/21 - 12/28

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by KingArgyle, Dec 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingArgyle

KingArgyle Tourist

My Trip Report

Okay, here is a small pre-trip report. My wife and I are heading to Vegas 12/21 - 12/28. Neither of us wanted to deal with the hassel of running around and visiting all the relatives this year so we are treating ourselves to some pampering Vegas style. This trip has been planned since August, and all hotels were booked at that time. Booking Bellagio that early saved me nearly $200 a night.

Here goes the summary:

Shows and Entertainment:
    Jerry Seinfeld
    Las Vegas Wranglers hockey
    Red Rock Canyon

Hotels we'll be staying:
    Tropicana
    T.I. (changed reservations 3 times for different offers)
    Mirage (changed reservations 2 times for different offers)
    Bellagio (X-Mas Eve and Day)
    Orleans

Food:
    Where ever we decide. Haven't figured out where we are eating on X-Mas Eve and X-Mas day. I'm open to suggestions. Most of our food choices will be handled by the various 2 for 1s we have from ACG, Bill Here, and a few Orleans fun book coupons.

Gambling:

We are very low rollers. Most of the gambling will be concentrated on Penny to Nickle Slots, and $1 - $5 min bet Blackjack. I may try some Spanish 21 if the luck is going well and bankroll is holding out. I'm looking forward to seeing if my $20 theory on penny Cash King Checkers holds true. With the right pay table, it seems that you can play nearly endlessly on that amount if you play optimum strategy.

Airline:
    We are trying Southeast Airlines for the first time. When we booked them, total cost for the two of us Round trip was $400.

That's about it. I'd appreciate some suggestions regarding where to eat for X-Mas Eve or Day. Nothing super expensive, but not cheap either.

[ December 02, 2003, 07:18 AM: Message edited by: KingArgyle ]

2. jack_retired

jack_retired Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Suggestions:

Bellagio Buffet :rolleyes:
    The Range Steakhouse
    Cafe Andreotti
    Al Dente
    Chang's
    P. F. Chang's [​IMG]
    Blackstone's Steakhouse
    Gardunos and Blue Agave
    Big Al's
    Don Miguel's

3. KingArgyle

KingArgyle Tourist

Thanks for the suggestions Big Jack. I'm T-minus 2 days now and counting. Can't wait to get there. The wife and I reeeeeeeaaaaallly need this vacation. So far I've gone over my itinerary several times this week, rechecked all the coupons I have, verified all the arrangements, and verified the bank roll. Sunday can't get here soon enough.

4. Habanaman13

Habanaman13 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ya' gotta' love Christmas in Vegas!!!

I am not sure what your Christmas Eve meal budget is. My wife and I always splurge on one meal per trip. On our Christmas trips we do Christmas Eve at Aureole. It is a bit pricey, but cheaper than the $275 we dropped at Le Cirque (Worth every penny by the way, but that is a story for another time). We are wine drinkers so Aureole is a natural. Christmas Lunch is at Emeril's Fishhouse at MGM Grand.

Beyond that, Spago's (a seat in the forum shops patio area) and P.F. Chang's always make the list.

Good Luck!

[​IMG] T-3 Days, 4 hours, 41 minutes [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.