1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

"What Happened to Vegas Jer?"

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Jer, Aug 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Let me preface this report by saying how terrible I felt that I couldn't get back to meet the rest of you!

The morning starts well, I get on the road at 5:30 am and the ride is very calm and smooth the whole way there. I roll into town close to 10:00 and couldn't resist having the breakfast at the Paris. After about an hour of relaxing and stuffing my face, I made it back on the road to the LVC. I check in, and luckily there is a room that is ready for me so I drop off all the junk and head down to the craps table. Throw down $300 and IMMEDIATELY start hitting nothing. There was this really irratating guy with a Greg Norman hat on that was driving me crazy. He proceeded to tell everyone how to play the table in the state it was in. When I would throw in my "Ohio," he would just stand there and shake his head and say "Thats a terrible bet..."

After about 45 minutes, the $300 was gone. I went back inbto the wallet for the next set of cash and hit the BJ tables at Binions to pass the time until the poker meet up at 2:00. At this point I walk right past Mikey and actually think Eddie B looked familiar. Rumor has it that if I would have been at the craps table, my luck would have changed! Plop down another $200 and take that up to $300, but then piss most of it away and walk away with $60.

At this point, I make my way to the poker room. I look up on the board and see Mikeys name, my name, and some others as well. After watching a few hands, I see Mikey outta the corner of my eye! "JER!" it was funny. I had never seen the man, but I thought I have known him forever! We proceed to get a table and then Mikey turns to me and says, "Vegas Jer, meet Bazootch!" What a great guy! I was so glad to have had the few moments I had together playing Poker with these fellas. "All-In" was the way to win in thios game. I hit a nice pot early doubling my $60 and just pissed that back little by little. 5 times I was dealt pocket pairs and always had to fold because of the flush draws. That river was cruel to me, but that could have been said about anyone there at one point.

After awhile of Bazootch being En Fuego, "Sorry boys, I gotta a wedding to attend..." We said goodbye and then after losing the rest of our racks, Mikey and I hit the road to go play some craps. On the way, we see Eddie B playing a machine and after that I had one of the best Cheeseburgers and bowl of chili ever, period. After realizing that I had spent a little too much too early, I hit the room to reload the wallet. I said i'd meet Mikey right back down there in a few, but thats not what happened at all...

After I hit the room, I looked in my bag for the envelope with the reserves in it($1000, and a check just in case...) Nowhere to be found was that darn envelope and I freaked out. I called my house to see if my sister was there yet to look over things and feed the pets. No luck... I call my wife in Anaheim, and she says "Oh yeah, you left that out on the counter and I grabbed it so it just wouldnt sit there while we were gone!" Ouch... I had spent all the money I had, and I still had almost 12 hours to stay until I had to make my journey to Disneyland. I paid cash to secure the room, so the credit card idea was out. Then the light bulb went off! I had that credit at the Aladdin. I find another $40 bucks, proceed to play that out and then leave the LVC what was to be for good. I thought I would just go over there and grab some cash and hang out there for a few minutes until it was time to go back to the LVC for the meet.

When I got there, it was a madhouse. You could hardly move freely without someone bumping into you. I take out $1500 and see that there is an opening at a $10 table. I start playing and the table gets HOT! Before I know it, it is already 2 am and I am stll a lttle too buzzed to get back on the road. I order some black coffees and just play a little while longer to get a little better.

At this point, I look down and see I am up around $1250. This guy who has been hitting hardways all night gets the dice back. To make a long story short, he hits the 4-4 back to back and nets me another $750. After that, he sevens out and I am done... Up 2K and really bitter about missing out on all the fun you all had was enough for me!

I settle up, and get back down to the LVC to check out and get on the road with absolutely NO sleep. After a few Starbucks, i'm good to go and get outta town.

Doug was sure on fire at the table that session, I guess that wasn't the case the next day? Damn...

Well, thats it folks. I won, but I feel like I lost when I couldn't get to meet the rest of you!

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think I would get to upset when I knew one of "my boys" was off winning 2K.

WTG Jer!

[ August 04, 2003, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: SH0CK ]

3. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Jer...

No worries, man. I'd ditch everyone for a two grand win, too!!! :D

We'll try it again in March. Just remember to pack the envelope next time!

Mikey

4. Dougie

Dougie I am IN!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats your story? DAMN wheres the midget??

We will all have to make plans for another meet. I am now a charter member in the "we met Vegas Jer" club. Looks like there are only a few members.

Glad you recouped some green!!

Bazootch

5. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks... I will be there for the Madness in March, can't miss out on that one!

El Cortez sound good? [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.