1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Feel that Vegas sun!! Here we are..July 24-Aug 5

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by orrie, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orrie

orrie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Well, here we are...finally after all the months of scrimping, and planning..we are finally here!

We stayed from 24th to 28th on the strip. We stayed the first day at The MGM..we were so rushed that we didn't get to explore as much as we wanted to. But from what I saw, and the clean rooms, I wouldn't hesitate to go back. We also double booked at Harrah's properties, The Flamingo, and Bally's. We had a Junior Suite at Bally's and a Go room at The Flamingo, both of them upgraded. Our rooms were all comped. My personal preference was for Bally's. The rooms were very spacious and laid out well...I loved it there!
    We came downtown yesterday on the 29th, for 4 comped nights at the Golden Gate. We stayed there last time and I fell in love with place!!
    This time..well...I hate to admit it, but it needs sooo much work.
    We had to change rooms. As soon as we got off the elevator, there was a horrible smelly, sewer smell. Once in our room, it seemed to be faint, we thought we'd give it a try.
    Off to gambling we went for the nite. When we got back to our room, the smell was in our room as well. This was on the 2nd floor. We were moved to a room on the 3rd floor. The smell was ...very faint, but till there. The kicker for us was the bathroom. My husband (dana on the board), had medical issues, and cannot shower, but needs to bathe instead. Uhmm....the tub was so old, it looked like something out of a horror movie, I kid you not. It was chipped, cracked, stained, icky, yucky, ewie. I wouldn't sit my a$$ in that tub if you had of paid me.
    Now..I've read different reviews about the Golden gate and I've seen a few where people mentioned the bad smell. I thought they were just super picky people, but nope...it was there, and it was strong. It's sad really, cause the Golden Gate has so much charm still to offer. But they really need to get the repairs done, it's fallen downhill so much since we were here last year.
    We left there and walked down Fremont Street dragging our HEAVY luggage behind us. We really 'screamed' tourists, as we both have the Vegas Themed luggage. Yes, is it is loud, cheesy, and gaudy..but I LOVE IT!!!
    We're now at The Four Queens, I took my shower, and hubby took his bath.
    I like it here..it's not the Ritz..but the rooms are bigger than I would have expected, and they are most importantly 'clean'.
    We're paying for wi-fi, at $8.99 for 24 hours, better than the strip.We'll try to post more here when we get a chance..but with the gambling, and drinking, and eating..and other 'stuff', we may have to wait till we get home.
    I just wanted to check in to say here we are!!! Now...off to the slots we go....:drunk:

2. PokerrNutt

PokerrNutt High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck and win big!!! :peace:

3. Renae

Renae Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have fun!! I can't wait to read more:thumbsup:

4. lithelady

lithelady Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    good luck, good luck - I'm sending you focused thoughts that you will win right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.