1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hardly Working (thebucket live apr. 25-29) Sam's, Fremont, Mirage

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by thebucket, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebucket

thebucket VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Winning at GG, then on to bed at Fremont

This guy could shoot. Anything but a seven, that is. He could toss the dice halfway across the room (no mean feat at the Golden Gate, but still...). He could barely hit the back wall, he could shake 'em, set 'em, get the girl next to him to kiss 'em (under the ever-so-watchful eye of the floor guy). Whatever he did, he shot something. Something other than seven.

Once he hit his first point, I put $44 inside, and double odds on his point of ten. He took down the point. I felt good about this for some reason, laid $10 on the pass line and called for my place bets to work. My dealer was great. A nod, the dice flew. A four this time. Keep 'em up. Double odds again. Hit the six. The nine. I threw in a couple of green. Press the inside up to $88. Done. Put up all the hardways for the dealers. Hit a couple. They didn't mind that one bit. This dude (rather like the shooter at Binion's a couple of nights before) didn't quit. He just shot, and shot, and shot.

By the time he hit that seven, I had $176 inside. Sure, I lost it. But I walked away easily $400 to the richer. WIth a green chip for the dealers and one for the shooter, I left the table high-fiving pretty much everone who had taken the ride with us, and headed to the cage to cash out.

I wandered back down Fremont street to Fremont itself to turn in for the night. As I entered, I thought about going straight up to the room, but didn't. Nah, those $0.25 light pen video keno boxes were calling my name. Sitting down at one, I set up 5-spot after 5-spot (2, 10, 11, 13, 27) with a couple of small hits, at $1/card. I went through a Benjamin there (probably helping my future comps), but didn't hit anything good. Oh, well - I was still majorly up for the trip. To the room I went to crash until I had to be up to check out (thankfully late) at 1pm the next day to catch my flight back home.

2. thebucket

thebucket VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And back home I go...

I should finish off this TR tonight, much as I am reluctant to.

I woke up at 10am the next morning, groggy from my late last-night in Vegas the night before... Knowing that there was 'business' to do before I headed home, I hauled myself out of bed, showered, shaved, packed, and dressed for the trip back.

I left Fremont with a smile, picking up New Leroy in valet and heading back to the strip. In my pocket I held two TITOs, one from Mirage, one from Caesars, which my co-worker had left me with and instructed me to gamble, for better or for worse, before I left town.

My first stop was Mirage. As the trip was drawing to a close, I was reluctant to spend more on tips, so I self-parked. This turned out to be a bit of a PITA, but I got it done, and wandered in past a bunch of nightclub signage. Taking a seat at a bar, I ran through the $30 TITO on $0.25 VP very quickly, gathering a Corona in the process. I didn't put my card in, as I figured that such a small amount of play would be detrimental to my future comps.

After the TITO was gone, I headed out to self-park again, very aware of the time. On to Caesars I went, this time blowing the $50 TITO thru a $1 slot in very short order. I used a card (my regular one, not the baccarat-only one), but probably should have not given the low time-on-machine and low coin-in that the $50 TITO brought. A bit saddened that I had no large win to bring home for my co-worker, I went back to the garage, piloted New Leroy back to McCarraan, and barely made my plane to come back home.

Once again, I thank all of those who have followed my tale, and hope that one time soon I may post again of another trip. To one and all, I bid thee a good night, and the best of luck in all that you may do.

Sincerely,
    The Bucket

3. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :nworthy::nworthy::nworthy:

A very enjoyable read from start to finish. Thanks for all the effort you put into the report!

And very glad you had a winning trip - I presume... you will return. :beer:

4. thebucket

thebucket VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the kind words! Indeed, I shall return, hopefully later this year for the G2E convention. I got a farily attractive offer from Harrah's to take a charter plane direct to Reno that happens to coincide with my birthday... I'd really like to take it (never having been to Reno), but probably can't. :(

Oh, well - I'll be happy if I can make it out for the convention in November.

5. Trix

Trix Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When will this episodic tale be published? I wouldn't be surprised as you do have a wonderful narrative style. Makes me long for the old days of Vegas and not the flip-flopping slot crowds of today. Old days...ok, 20 some years ago when I was 8 and watched my Mom get all dressed up to go see a show with one or more of the brat pack. When pit bosses remembered your name even though you went there maybe 3 times a year. No player card BS.

Everytime I go back, I get a little more disillusioned. You're just another body in a crowd waiting to be seated, checked-in and nickel & dimed for everything you took for granted before. It was free and easy then. You want to see a show? Here's tickets. We always got free tickets/rooms/dinners and I don't think my parents spent as much money as people do now. Corporate Vegas has taken over and with it goes the soul of something special.

Considering you have only recently been introduced to LV, you really have a sense of the ambiance of when Vegas was Vegas. I admire your respect of the historic haunts but am saddened by hmmm...how can I say it, cheated maybe by not getting the 'full customer service' Vegas used to have.
    <end of ramble>

Excellent report! I look forward to the next (or the book, whatever comes first). ;)

6. Bralo20

Bralo20 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry for the late reply,

Thanks for your trip report, it was very enjoying to read it to the end! Hope to see further reports in the future ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.