1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Remnants of past trips...

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by HurricaneMikey, Apr 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I was organizing my storage room this morning, and was going through the pockets of some luggage before I put it in the attic.

I found a couple of receipts dated 10/24/02. The first one was from the Best Buy on Camelback road in Phoenix at 12:55 pm. It was for Elvis greatest hits CD we bought for the road trip. The second receipt was for gas in Kingman later that afternoon...

I also found a Harrahs slot club card that I used once and tossed.

It was nice to have a little Vegas moment this morning... [​IMG]

Anyhow, I think we're bookin' the hotel today, for the July trip, now that everyone's schedules have been worked out.

Mikey

2. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When are you going in July?

I think that's a busy month for us (we have an annual 4th of July party) but HoyaHubby got the Vegas itch REALLY bad last night and started looking at airfares :D

3. HurricaneMikey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hoya...and anyone out there who may be interested...

The usual gang will arrive in Vegas on Thursday, July 24th, and stay through Sunday, the 27th, although airfare may 'force' :rolleyes: me to stay until Monday the 28th. We were going to book the hotel today, but hoteldiscounts.com has the room rate for $50 less than the Barbary Coast website. We didn't want to pay it all upfront, however, so we may wait a week or two to book...

Anyhow, make your plans now!!! By the way, I got an email from Bazootch, and he's got permission from the wife to be there that weekend, also.

Mikey

4. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mikey, I think you once mentioned the possibility of a late Sept trip. Is that one still on? That's when me & my buddies will be there (one of them single and looking, one single but not looking, and me, married but loo..oh maybe I shouldn't go there) [​IMG]

5. HurricaneMikey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Kikky...

Not sure about September, now that we have July going.

I'm going on a cruise in October, so I'm not too sure if September is do-able... However, you ladies are more than welcome to join us in July. ;)

Mikey

6. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :( Wish we could! Your trip reports always sound like you guys would be a lot of fun to hang with!

7. mistermoe

mistermoe Low-Roller

Hey Mike--I am still a neophyte when it comes to LV, but if you guys would not mind me hanging out, I might just be able to make it that weekend. I was planning to go the week before, however an oppotunity to learn from THE PRO is too good to pass up!

Mistermoe

Go 'Horns!

8. Steveinohio

Steveinohio Tourist

They NEED to go with Mikey, he is the man, maybe he can call those girls from his last report and get them to meet him there. LOL. [​IMG]

9. LVaddict

LVaddict Tourist

Unbelievable! Mikey - You've got the whole brotherhood wanting to book the same time as you are. We're going end of June and now my husband wants to change plans to meet with you guys and bach it... No way, I say! Since reading your Jan.03 trip post, no way! You guys are trouble waiting to happen! J/K... Maybe someday, in his dreams that'll happen to him! LOL, you're the envy of every man around! [​IMG]

10. lvbabe

lvbabe Tourist

I would love to play craps with you Mikey, it would be rolling the dice with a legend [​IMG]

11. Booger

Booger Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Uh! Oh! I'll be in Vegas the same days,my b-day
    is the 27th. I don't play craps but that won't
    stop me from watching/learning/drinking/howlin'
    at the moon!! Yee! Haa!!

Booger

12. Dougie

Dougie I am IN!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like the T2V convention got delayed from March madness to the end of July?

13. Dougie

Dougie I am IN!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks as though I can fly from Jackson Hole, stay downtown for 4 nights, all for $400.00. SOLD!!

Bazootch

14. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mikey--is this the trip you're staying at Luxor?

Just got an email that Delta is having an airfare sale--$200 to Vegas, clicked on it but it came up $260--don't know why (I even followed the rules about what days of the week I could fly :( )

We're still waffling about another trip, since we're going in October, and have a bunch of other family vacation commitments coming up.....We WANT to go to Vegas, of course :D

15. HurricaneMikey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Gang...

Hoya...nah, it doesn't look like we're gonna be staying at the Luxor this time. We got a pretty good rate at the Barbary Coast, and since we've never stayed there, and I totally dig the location, we're gonna give that a try this time.

Anyone who wants to roll the dice with us is certainly welcome to meet up. Although, we'll propably meet downtown at the ElCo or at the Pissa, I mean, the Plaza, just because they have better odds than anyone else, and it's damn near impossible to get on a table at Binions on the weekend. I don't know...too far out to see the details. Of course, I have to defer to my buddies wishes, too, but I'm sure they'll be up for a little Fremont Street Experience of our own. ;)

I say, everyone get a t-shirt with their screen-name on it.

Mikey

16. LV Terry

LV Terry Captain Flop'N Fold

No Way!! I say we all get hammered and get Henna tattoos of our screennames!! Woohooo!!

17. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even better--I'll bring the henna! We have some somewhere--we got drunk at our 4th of July party a couple years ago and started doing them, so now it's a bit of a tradition :D

18. LV Terry

LV Terry Captain Flop'N Fold

I didn't know you could do that! How does it work? Do you just draw it on? How cool! Where do you buy it?

19. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, Mikey won't like me hijacking his post again :D You can buy henna kits at accessory stores like Claires--at least you could a couple years ago when this was all the rage for pre-adolescent girls ;) There are also TONS of websites for ideas & supplies. Basically, henna is a powder that you mix with water & lemon juice (I think--haven't done it in a year) and a little fixative. Then you can use a tube with a small hole cut in it (or a small paint container that has tops with decorative nibs--like cake decorating ;) ) You can do a free-hand design or follow a stencil. There are some "reverse" stencils you can get--they stick to the skin, you put the henna around it, then after it dries you take the stencil off and the design is left. Usually we wrap ours with saran wrap so we don't smudge it--henna is like concrete--you want it to dry as slowly as possible because it will hold up better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.