1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sadness & Jealousy

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by HurricaneMikey, Mar 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Just got an email from my favorite Vegas buddy, Eddie B, today.

Seems that him, Derek, Ed W, and Sam are all heading to Sin City in two weeks to participate in the March Madness festivities. They've got MVP rooms at the LV Club booked. He said there's plenty of room for me to show up, but unfortunately, I must decline.

He told me to keep my cell phone on that weekend, because if he "wins the big one" he's picking me up in a limo at the airport on the way to Pahrump! :D

*Sigh*

Wish I was goin'

Mikey

2. pezarino

pezarino Guest

I sympathize with you Mikey. My husband and I always go to Vegas with my best friend and her husband. Her kids are grown and gone so they can go to Vegas more often (and without)us. *whine*
    She is going in June and I am already sad! To make matters worse, we work together - so not only will she be in Vegas - I will be in the office. I'm sure your friends won't have that much fun without you. LOL

3. v-dice

v-dice Tourist

Does Eddie B like to play craps?? Isn't Eddie B the famous second half of the last trip when you guys made the wrong turn??

Come on, Mikey!!! Since I found this board, in all the trip reports that I have read from you. You have talked about March Madness.

BTW... How's the job search going?? [​IMG]

T-15
    V-Dice

4. HurricaneMikey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Eddie B loves to play craps, and yeah, he is my gambling buddy. But he has better discipline than me to leave when the tables turn cold. He plays a lot of VP, too, which I've never been really that interested in.

The job search is "still going on", so that's why I can't make it out to March Madness this year. Unless of course I win the Powerball or something between now and then.

Oh, and Dice, I wouldn't exactly call it a "wrong" turn [​IMG]

Mikey

[ March 04, 2003, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: HurricaneMikey ]

5. v-dice

v-dice Tourist

Hell no, that was probably the best right or left turn ever made. [​IMG]

6. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah Mikey, I hear ya... I was a BIG supporter in getting us all together, and now I will be in Sacramento (Fun, huh?)

I will be going on Friday, so I guess that will have to do!

7. D-train

D-train Tourist

hopefully we'll hear about a last minute change of plans and a flight to vegas?...when are your boys heading up there...man I feel for you gotta be tough..

8. bluestreak

bluestreak Tourist

HM,

You still have not spilled the beans on where that fateful gas station is located? The weather is turning nice, time to see if Cliff Castle (Camp Verde) added live BJ.

OBTW, spent Feb 21-25 at LVC, north tower. Played about 6 hours of Craps, usually had $30-50 in play, $100 buy-ins. Do you think they actually tracked my play? Does LVC send out marketing offers or should I call 'em up?

BS in Flagstaff (within walking distance of the three microbreweries)

9. HurricaneMikey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey BlueStreak, I have no clue as to which gas station we went to... It was just after we got off of 17 and headed east on 40. It might've been a RaceTrak or something like that. Maybe BP. I honestly can't remember.

About the LVC. I've never gotten a slot club card with them, and they've never sent me anything in the mail (They had my old addy at the front desk from having stayed there a couple of times.)

Mikey

10. bluestreak

bluestreak Tourist

HM,

I just wanted to set the record straight, it seems like that gas station was the pivotal point to the whole adventure. If you were headed east it probably was at Butler Ave. (the next exit). It might have been at Little America (combo Truck Stop and 4 star resort) to the right.

So technically, you doubled back a couple of miles. I wonder if you waited until Winslow for gas, would you have made the same decision?

BS (snow still in the shade)

11. HurricaneMikey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey BS..

I'm pretty sure it was Butler Ave, but when we got off the interstate, we turned left (I think) and went about a quarter mile, and the station was on the right... I don't think it was Little America...

Oh, we were never planning on stopping at Winslow. Eddie has the bladder of a pregnant woman, and he's always got to take a piss, so we'd planned on stopping in Flag, anyways. (If you go back and read my trip report from July, I think I mention "Eddie" and "bathroom" about 4 times...hee hee hee... I just noticed that the other day when I was re-reading it...)

Mikey

12. BNurick

BNurick Tourist

Mikey:

I guess thats the first round of the tourney, I am headed out for the second round. Its the guys only trip, nine of us... Should be a blast...

-bn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.