1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A German Looks At Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by DavidB, Feb 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidB

DavidB Tourist

My Trip Report

[​IMG]
    Hopefully this will qualify for the Trip Reports forum, although the information is photographic rather than verbal.

Erwin and Meggi Timmerbeil from Bonn, Germany, visited with us during their recent three-week stay in Las Vegas. The Timmerbeils love it here and hope to retire to this area within a few years.

Erwin, an avid photographer, has set up some online albums containing more than 80 photos of their visit. Taken together, they are one of the best collections of Vegas-related photos I've seen in quite a while.

I'm sure many of you will enjoy looking at them.

http://community.webshots.com/user/timmibonn

2. LV Terry

LV Terry Captain Flop'N Fold

David,

I assume that is the view from your back yard.... very nice. Is that the Anthem golf course I see? Do you play, or just heckle those that do from your patio? :D

3. DavidB

DavidB Tourist

[​IMG]
    LOL!!

Not quite from our back yard, as a view like that usually comes with a price tag that we would not have paid. I think Erwin took that shot from the general area of the Sun City Anthem sales pavilion.

That is one of our two golf courses, both designed by the team of Billy Casper and Greg Nash. The courses are right next-door to the Rio Secco course where Tiger Woods sometimes hangs out with his coach, Butch Harmon. I'm not a golfer, as I have too much trouble with the windmills.

Before we moved here I compiled an online photo album showing what our community looks like, but I lost it when the Web site for the album went out of business. I could repost some of my original pictures, but maybe one of these days I'll just shoot some new ones to portray the community as it is today.

Visiting us can be dangerous, as 4 of our nearly 200 visitors over the past couple of years decided to buy homes here even though that was not their game plan going in.

4. LV Terry

LV Terry Captain Flop'N Fold

I guess I drove through your neighborhood last summer on the way to Rio Secco! What a great location.

So, if I convince my Dad to buy a house there, will he be able to get me resident rates at the golf courses? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.